It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Zrevnur: CDPSA admitted itself that they did indeed lose trust:
ever heard of PR? also known as lip service. They don't care, and neither does anyone else but a small minority of nerdniks. The devotion debacle is only further proof of the same.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by anzial
high rated
GHOSTMD: GOG games are DRM free
Cyberpunk has cosmetics that are exclusive to Galaxy, that require account verification to use, that will not work once that connectivity is severed, you can't back them up and use them on a clean install, you have to go through galaxy to get them. This is CDPR dipping it's toes into DRM.

Also No Man's Sky has single player content that is entirely, arbitrarily locked behind internet requirements and GOG does nothing about it.

These may seem small now, but it's only the beginning.
high rated
They need to apologize to their programmers who had been warning the executers about the game is not currently playable and should not be published.

They need to re-hire the programmers they fired for making these warnings.

They need to apologize to the public for lying regarding the state of the game.

While some of you still believe all is good, the shares of CDPRED lost almost half of their value. (From 443 to 256PLN). That's considered a record dropp by economists. They are expected to drop even more.

While some of you think that the game's current state is playable, Sega removed the game from its store and I read that a few investors are gathering lawyers to sue CDPRED for giving false information and fraud.

And again, while some of you are surprised by the messy state of the game, we had warned this day would come years ago. I even wrote a roadmap for it. While people were saying "Don't get bought by EA" I was trying to tell they already became EA. Does anyone even remember our warnings for the road-map: Introducing DRM games, introducing microtransactions, publishing unfinished games before any of those had even happened?

In dynamics, it is usually easy to see the future. You look at the past, you look at the present, measure the distance, and calculate the speed and you can almost perfectly predict the future and where things will go. Things are not so different in other aspects of the world. You can use the same algorithm to predict the future of anything. That's why I am so surprised why people are so shocked about the state of the game. It was almost screaming it would be that way for years.

But now, it is not the time to cast blames but to share responsibility. We all love GOG and want the Cyberpunk 2077 as best as it can be. At least we did. CDP RED is at a turning point where there is no return. Will they finally recognize their mistakes and avoid another Bioware disaster? Or will they take the dark path of pride and insist on their mistakes. We will see. But remember that you all will have an effect on this and anyone who keeps supporting this behavior will be responsible for the fate of this company and the community.

EDIT: Added some extra information.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by Engerek01
Zrevnur: CDPSA admitted itself that they did indeed lose trust:
anzial: ever heard of PR? also known as lip service. They don't care, and neither does anyone else but a small minority of nerdniks. The devotion debacle is only further proof of the same.
This "lip service" is legally binding in the sense that they can be sued for damages if applicable and if it can be proven before court to be untrue. This is (far as I understand) pretty much what is happening now:
See: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/cdpr_faces_4_lawsuits_from_investors/page1
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/12/cd-projekt-red-investors-sue-company-over-cyberpunk-2077-debacle/

So according to these coming lawsuits there were even investors trusting their "lip service". Its hard to imagine they (at least a part of them) would still trust their "lip service" after that. Which implies loss of trust.
SomeGuy8504: The store is so clean and feels so good to use in my opinion that it'd be hard for me to lose faith in them.
ReynardFox: The website is designed like crap (and became far, far worse on the 10th anniversary where they threw out the old, more functional layout).
Regular users have years of built up frustrations with GOG not listening to us at practically every turn.
They deliberately ignore the forum.
The wishlist is utterly meaningless.
[...]
I am not going to argue with you about any of these points since you are a much more experienced user than me, but...
Even with all these flaws, compared to Steam? This store is a godsent.

Steam is an unnavigable hellscape where you will NEVER be able to find a new game to play unless you watch YouTubers all day or follow numerous gaming forums. The user interface of Steam is absolute dreck too, and the A.I powered recommendations are awful and do nothing but obstruct the store pages. You think GOG's new design is bad? Steam is worse in every way imo. The tag system is broken, every frickin game page has some unnecessary Twitch stream plug in until you find the option to disable it... It's a mess. The only thing Steam has over GOG is social features, and I personally have no need for those since none of my friends play computer games.

It is ridiculously bad, and the other storefronts by individual publishers and the key reseller sites don't fare any better!!
A site like greenmangaming may be more organized, but it only features the big console games and never focus on older games or Indie computer games.

So, while GOG may NOT be perfect and may mistreat longtime users like you (and probably also me if I knew any better) it's leagues better than all other computer game storefronts in my book.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by SomeGuy8504
low rated
Turbo-Beaver: Is this really the best you can do?
It's not up to me to make you see sense. All I can do is point you in the right direction, and highlight your flawed thinking and biases.

Turbo-Beaver: You made some pretty bold claims, and failed to substantiate them at all. I pointed out a lot of evidence to the contrary. Now, instead of discussing what I wrote on its merits, you are just telling me to go away because you disagree?
What bold claims? It was all pretty logical and reasonable.
There was very little or no merit to what you wrote ... mostly just emotional turmoil of a misguided mind.

Turbo-Beaver: Everything you wrote to me is devoid of any relevance to the actual topic of the discussion. This only demonstrates that while you don't like what I wrote, you also couldn't find anything factually or logically incorrect in my argument.
Well then, there's your problem right there, a level of incapability on your part.

Turbo-Beaver: If I'm really missing "the full picture" as you are alleging, why don't you help me with my "clearly impacted sense of overall logic" and show me the light through my "blinkers?" But "objectively this time."
I can't show you anything, that is pretty clear, and it is just as clear that it is pointless for us to continue conversing.
You'll either come to a proper realization on your own or you won't ... or it could take years.
I've sown the seeds to your enlightenment, and I am happy with that ... for better or worse.

Have a good one. :)
Post edited January 01, 2021 by Timboli
high rated
SomeGuy8504: So, while GOG may NOT be perfect and may mistreat longtime users like you (and probably also me if I knew any better) it's leagues better than all other computer game storefronts in my book.
I mean you're not wrong, Steam is entirely worse in pretty much every respect, be it website design, ethics or business model, and that's why I already write them off as a company. I will never support Gabens shitty rental empire. Same goes for garbage like Origin or uPlay either, I expect nothing from these platforms.

However, GOG is my only viable option as a gamer who values ownership and preservation and also wants a wide enough selection of products, it was somewhere I trusted, and have invested a LOT of time and money into supporting this place. But for the last few years I've been struggling with all their boneheaded, self destructive, disrespectful and bafflingly incompetent decisions that are now, very clearly, leading them down a path of self destruction, and it's hurting all of us in some way, along with the future of DRM free as a viable distribution method.

But as you said, they're better than the alternatives, but after the last few months, and especially the last few weeks, that at this point is the ONLY thing keeping me here anymore. I despise the people running GOG now, and I still don't know if I'll buy from here again, at least I won't any time soon, but what options are left? I want to give this store the finger if they refuse to address the people who got them where they are, but no one else does DRM free gaming to any acceptable scale, I don't want to have to go back to sailing the high seas and I don't see Zoom platform picking up the slack. However if they do, I will be out of here in a flash.
Post edited January 01, 2021 by ReynardFox
SomeGuy8504: So, while GOG may NOT be perfect and may mistreat longtime users like you (and probably also me if I knew any better) it's leagues better than all other computer game storefronts in my book.
ReynardFox: I want to give this store the finger if they refuse to address the people who got them where they are, but no one else does DRM free gaming to any acceptable scale, I don't want to have to go back to sailing the high seas and I don't see Zoom platform picking up the slack. However if they do, I will be out of here in a flash.
That's really the issue isn't it? Steam pretty much has a monopoly with GOG just having conquered this small little corner for themselves.

I am sure most of us long for the old days where any old retail store would do, even if there were CD keys and such restricting us from completely owning the game. At least we had the choice to pick out a retail store, or heck, a rental store for us to pick a game up for two days at a low price.

Anyway, let's hope Zoom gets to evolve into its own, just so we get to have a little more freedom of choice.
Post edited January 02, 2021 by SomeGuy8504
low rated
CPDR didn't do anything bad, you're the stupid ones for pre-ordering in first place, fucking tools
lol at some of the clueless people in this thread

Any game that takes longer than 5 years to develop should be immediately ringing huge alarm bells
low rated
GHOSTMD: GOG games are DRM free
ReynardFox: Cyberpunk has cosmetics that are exclusive to Galaxy, that require account verification to use, that will not work once that connectivity is severed, you can't back them up and use them on a clean install, you have to go through galaxy to get them. This is CDPR dipping it's toes into DRM.

Also No Man's Sky has single player content that is entirely, arbitrarily locked behind internet requirements and GOG does nothing about it.

i doubt that, once you got the items saved you have them and I DID HAD them from the start
and they were there even when i tested CP77 without Internet and without Galaxy running
yes the communication service as well. DRM free means DRM free.

Those goodies are put in to draw new customers *kek* guess after that launch it backfired....
could say the same about the exclusive Comics we and other platforms get digitally

Once the games start NOT working completely standalone anymore, i ll be the first to abandon
GoG trust me

Also Deus Ex has that as well, GOG can t do something about that as welll
Post edited January 05, 2021 by GHOSTMD
ReynardFox: Cyberpunk has cosmetics that are exclusive to Galaxy, that require account verification to use, that will not work once that connectivity is severed, you can't back them up and use them on a clean install, you have to go through galaxy to get them. This is CDPR dipping it's toes into DRM.

GHOSTMD: i doubt that, once you got the items saved you have them and I DID HAD them from the start
and they were there even when i tested CP77 without Internet and without Galaxy running
yes the communication service as well. DRM free means DRM free.

Those goodies are put in to draw new customers *kek* guess after that launch it backfired....
could say the same about the exclusive Comics we and other platforms get digitally
Whether Cyberpunk 2077 is DRM free or not depends on what one means with "the game". If the Galaxy-only goodies are considered to be part of "the game" then the offline installers are not DRM free. However the completely installed game may be considered DRM free if it can be copy-pasted to another machine and runs there including the goodies. If that 'copy paste' is not directly possible then not even the installed game with goodies is DRM free.

Edit: Or rephrasing: GOG sells a DRMed version of Cyberpunk 2077 - the offline installer version.
Post edited January 02, 2021 by Zrevnur
low rated
Does your game work without launcher? Without being connected to the internet?
Then there is no arguing about the fact that it is DRM free thats it. Goodies aren t DRM.
You want them fine then register your copy to your GoG account, don t want that?
Then just play the game without them. Those are not DRM, they WOULD be if the game
doesn t work without them. Simple as that.

Bet you also want a refund and still keep the game then, yes? You know your argument
is BS there. Since DRM is a restrictive mechanism that prevents you from owing the game
and gives the publisher the tool to cut you off at any given point. THAT is DRM.
Not some items you get when you use a certain platform.

Besides... to get the trust back, that isn t the thing CDPR needs to do. UI rework, some
features need to come back like humanity loss and loyality systems (besides don t want
fingers to lay hand on me) ^^. World need to be more interactive... give it a pinch of GTA SA
or two (aka minigames, stripclubs, clubs from the get go) and so on.
GHOSTMD: Does your game work without launcher? Without being connected to the internet?
Then there is no arguing about the fact that it is DRM free thats it. Goodies aren t DRM.
You want them fine then register your copy to your GoG account, don t want that?
Then just play the game without them. Those are not DRM, they WOULD be if the game

Bet you also want a refund and still keep the game then, yes? You know your argument
is BS there. Since DRM is a restrictive mechanism that prevents you from owing the game
and gives the publisher the tool to cut you off at any given point. THAT is DRM.

Besides... to get the trust back, that isn t the thing CDPR needs to do. UI rework, some
features need to come back like humanity loss and loyality systems (besides don t want
fingers to lay hand on me) ^^. World need to be more interactive... give it a pinch of GTA SA
or two (aka minigames, stripclubs, clubs from the get go) and so on.
this is what i do with my gog purchases.

1. download the offline installer from gog.com
2, install the game with it
3. launch gog galaxy and then manually add it through the menu.
4. go to the game's page and verify the files.

Now you have an offline game that is integrated into galaxy without any issues. i suggest everyone to refrain from downloading the game directly from the client.
GHOSTMD: Does your game work without launcher? Without being connected to the internet?
If you are responding to me - maybe try reading my post? (Obviously the goodies are DRMed. If they are considered to be part of the game - which I believe to be so - then "the game" is also DRMed.)
GHOSTMD: Bet you also want a refund and still keep the game then, yes? You know your argument
is BS there.
I dont even have the game. So whose argument is BS?
GHOSTMD: Since DRM is a restrictive mechanism that prevents you from owing the game
DRM is restrictive in some manner but it does not necessarily prevent you from 'owning' the game. Maybe read up some definitions somewhere like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management To fit the definition its enough to "control the distribution" which is done here with the Galaxy requirement.