It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
Lemon_Curry: I've refreshed the page many times now (even did an account refresh) but I still don't get that message when hovering over the image of a game I own. It does say 'owned' where price is usually displayed though.

Anyway, I'm a patient guy so I'll go make some coffee. :)
There will be NO owned status over image. Period. :) What you see it's the final form. :)
eiii: good:
+ The display of the individual discount (percent numbers) for games on sale is nice.
+ It's nice that the price for already owned games is also displayed now.
I second that. Displaying the exact discount in percentages is actually an often requested feature. Kudos to the team. :)

eiii: You don't see the date of the reviews and you cannot sort reviews by date anymore (they seem to be sorted by relevance now).
I've contacted support about this particular issue but I guess the more the merrier so feel free to send them your feedback.

eiii: [...but the price of owned games is not displayed anymore]
If you hover the mouse over the 'owned' tag (where the price is normally displayed) you should be able to see it.

Chamb: There will be NO owned status over image. Period. :) What you see it's the final form. :)
Aye aye cap'n! That's perfectly fine by me. :)

Tsk tsk... Judas. :P
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
skeecher: Like the way the GOG team haven't been responding to this thread and it's concerns.
F4LL0UT: So that's why the "owned" icon and the old colored favicon have returned so quickly? :P
The favicon situation I'm seeing is the same as yesterday: coloured for HTTP, monochrome for HTTPS unless you're using my userscript.
I don't know if this is the wrong place to post this but whatever.

I can't even begin to describe my dissatisfaction with the direction GOG.com has come since leaving beta. First shit indie games and newer stuff you can get elsewhere, now movies. I guess it does not pay to be a niche market. I have found myself caring less and less about GOG.com's new releases lately and now I don't even know if it is worth keeping it bookmarked. What happened to the classic games?
coffeecup: ( dunno if this was already posted but ..)

If you are putting so much work into the new look ...

why are no RSS feeds (one for news & Promos, one for new games & updates) available?

No, the GOG tumblr and the promo mails are not sufficient, every game update is still missing.

If you have so much tunnel vision on copying Steam, you should know that they provide since their inception several feeds (deals, new games and general news), just look at the right bottom corner of their store page and click on "News Feeds". Voila, a no-frills RSS feed with the full text of each news item. Dunno why GOG insists on bandwith resource waste, if people are interested, they will click on it and you have your tracking mumbojumbo..
There's exactly one RSS feed linked in the page footer: http://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss
GOG Team,

Thanks for the "owned" thing... you been fast here. But seriously, it looks like a "patch" not integrated with the whole design. I know you probably dont want to step back in all this, but this whole new movement made me pretty sad :(

I will stay here because I trust you people, but please, consider all the bad feedback, maybe we are right... I dont want more "surprises" like this one... there is no single new feature that made me happy... :(
Post edited August 29, 2014 by YaTEdiGo
coffeecup: You can ease the pain with the "Oh My GOG!" Stylish CSS, which brings the old logo back and trims the with of the big fat ass top bar a little.

https://userstyles.org/styles/104779/oh-my-gog

This user style needs some more work though, but it's a first step, but GOG itself should revamp the site itself.
That's a better height for the navbar--thanks. ^_^ An improvement would be to have the background of the logo and the navbar be the same colour.

(As I posted on another thread, I don't mind the idea of the transparent logo, but when the site also uses washed-out backgrounds like http://www.gog.com/upload/images/2014/08/795067571af180320f7ca7a0c832b76da5a7525e.jpg the result is that it's most often just darkening what wasn't colourful to begin with.)
Post edited August 29, 2014 by VanishedOne
Kamaitachi71490: What happened to the classic games?
Steam and other shops alongside all the publishers that bought the old franchises finally understood, that there is a market for old stuff and deal heavy blows at GoG all the time afaik.
It seems, that Fallout (f*** **u Bethesda!) is just the tip of the iceberg.

Working against their main target audience with this new design and other stuff seems to be somehow connected, because they get away from classic games more and more which is quiet obvious. First new games, then movies, next step: Android. You can bet there'll be Android games here soon.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Oops.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
high rated
Woah, so this happens when I'm not on the internet for a few days? :O

I've had the time now to take a good look at the "fresh" GOG.com, and sadly I have to agree with those unhappy about the changes. As in "I look and look and I can't find a single change that actually makes visiting this site a better experience for me than it was a few days ago". Instead it's actually worse right now, which saddens me.

I don't use mobile devices at all for stuff like this, so whatever improvements those who do get are lost on me completely. What isn't ost on me is that one of my favourite sites on the net to find it has taken a few steps backwards in both asthetics and functionality, and I just can't understand why. I never had any problem of note with the way the site looked or worked, and I do not remember seeing much demand for any such changes.

I should say that I'm truly sorry for all the folks who worked on bringing us this new GOG for not being able to react in a more positive manner! I can imagine that there were some good ideas and intentions behind this revamp, but it really just doesn't do anything for me. :(

Hopefully there will be some further adjustments in the future, and none of this means that I will stop supporting GOG, for it is still my one and only place for buying digital games. It's just that with the way things are right now the site somehow lost quite some of it's identity, it's soul, if you will.

Coming to GOG now feels a bit like walking into one of those big, fancy Apple stores - it's just a bit sterile and cold. A shop I might visit if looking for a specific item, buying it and leaving again. The old GOG felt a bit more like visiting one of my favourite crooked little gaming shops. A place I could just enjoy spending some time in because of the atmosphere. And a place I would end up spending way more money than I'd planned to just because.
Where the fuck is the "add this game to my wishlist" feature gone?

a shop without this is just not user friendly... i guess it's time for one more spreadsheet :(
bernstein82: Where the fuck is the "add this game to my wishlist" feature gone?

a shop without this is just not user friendly... i guess it's time for one more spreadsheet :(
I think i saw that. You have to put it in your cart first. Not sure what the reasoning is behind that.

edit: I see it now on the game page, thanks Hecke. In the old checkout, wasn't there a column for "Wishlisted Games?" How are they designated here? Or are the devs relying on email? - Hint: I visit GOG more than my email.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by PincushionMan

Right hand side under "Add to Cart", the box with the orange heart in it...
Chamb: We've added new "owned" status for game - it should be clearly visible now which games you do own, and which not. :)

If you do not see it, refresh the page few times - it should help.
awesome! thanks!

Adblock blocks this button because GOG decided it would be clever to have it in the same container as other social media buttons.