It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

50-60% off Grim Fandango Remastered, Broken Age, and Massive Chalice.

Double Fine Productions - it's the studio responsible for some of our favorite gaming experiences in the past few years. Even better, they're a studio made up of the folks that gave us some our absolute favorite gaming memories ever. This week we're highlighting three of the greatest recent hits by the team that influenced the gaming industry across the years - it's <span class="bold">Weekly Staff Picks: Double Fine, Triple Treat</span>, and 50-60% off!

There is no argument, Grim Fandango ranks among the most brilliant and innovative adventure games ever created. It earned a well-deserved, massive cult following for the unique Mexican-folklore setting, brilliant voice acting and all-around design perfection. Though the original release was a flawed product of its time in the gameplay department, Grim Fandango Remastered brings the entire experience up to modern day standards for a game that can easily be called one of the absolute best ever. MASSIVE CHALICE, the team's most recent release, is a completely different experience - it's a strategy title that takes place across ages and generations - the sheer scale of its timeline requires you to plan for years and years ahead as the Immortal Ruler of a nation locked in epic conflict. Finally, there's Broken Age, a title that's important not just as Tim Schafer's grand return to adventure gaming, but because it kickstarted a renaissance of classic game design and a generation of games free from corporate publishing deals and bottom lines.

Something historical, something innovative, and something trendsetting - it's <span class="bold">Double Fine, Triple Treat</span> on our Weekly Staff Picks! Treat yourself triple to deals at 50-60% off until Thursday, July 30, 9:59 AM GMT.
mattymuc: GOG is selling DRM contaminated games?
arxon: What games? I must have missed that.
Victor Vran
Games from Double Fine? No Thanks!
First promo for a longtime i dont think much of...
Is the Grim Fandango remaster worth it for someone who has never played the game before?
BillyMaysFan59: Is the Grim Fandango remaster worth it for someone who has never played the game before?
Yes, it is a great game. They didn't do much with the remaster apart from improve the controls but anyone who likes adventures should play it at some point in their life.
BillyMaysFan59: Is the Grim Fandango remaster worth it for someone who has never played the game before?
If you've never played it - hell yes. For me it clicked instantly - the voicework, setting, everything. I totally get why it's such a big deal.

The remastered version is the way I first played it. Switching between the old "tank" controls and the new point and click gameplay was like day and night. The latter feels like the game it should have been. Out of all the options though, I ended up kicking back with a gamepad and TV to finish the game, so that's an option too.
Good promo.

But I'm missing some great Double Fine games here on GOG! I would love to see Costume Quest 2 and The Cave here.
@Konrad, @Doc0075

Thanks for your replies. =)

If I wanted the game for the first time I'd have to go remastered anyway, since the original is hardly available, save for the possibility of finding a good eBay listing or something to that effect.

I'll also have to check if my PC can run it =)

EDIT: the Linux version requires the proprietary AMD drivers :/

I use the open source drivers instead since I've had nothing but bad luck with the proprietary fglrx drivers
Post edited July 27, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
I'm still a bit sore that my vote for Grim Fandango in the community wishlist got turned into a vote for Grim Fandango Remastered, which I never asked for.

Contrary to popular belief, it can be made to run on modern operating systems, so I'll probably just break out my old discs. Full-controller support is attainable using an external program like Xpadder, which is required for most of my games anyway.

I'd buy the 'remaster' for convenience, but it seems disappointingly halfhearted - perhaps because it was never really necessary in the first place.
Did any Linux users manage to get Grim working under the open source drivers? If not, I don't think I'll buy it.
Woolytoes: After what happend last week. I'm gonna pass!
Yeah I'm not really "feeling" GOG right now.
sorry double fine. still not giving you money.

you done bad, kid and you don't deserve good things.
mattymuc: I'm still disappointed that we backers did not get a GOG key for MASSIVE CHALICE from Double Fine.
Yeah, I'm massively dissappointed by that as well...
mattymuc: I'm still disappointed that we backers did not get a GOG key for MASSIVE CHALICE from Double Fine.
Experiment513: Yeah, I'm massively dissappointed by that as well...
LOL I see what you did there ;)
Because of the many reported bugs (Grim) still present, not my chalice of tea right now.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by Zjeraar