It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As long as it's a great game, it belongs in here.

Are you into action? Platforming? Horror? Strategy? Everything that the cool kids are into? Then the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 17</span> is for you! And you. And you. You there as well! Active Gaming Media are celebrating their anniversary but it's not a real party until you get others to join, right? Atari already answered the call and there's another mystery guest coming this Friday. Wonder who that is...

Consistently enchanting and occasionally intense, Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is a beautiful metroidvania that tells the story of Kaho, a priestess who must traverse a cursed land for an audience with her Queen.

Supernatural chills, close-quarter thrills, and sinister forces waiting for you to be Alone in the Dark. The series that (re)defined the action/adventure genre with their cinematic presentation and compelling stories are still a must-play for any lover of survival horror.

As always, there's more – including D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die, KKND, Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe, Blood, and plenty of others!
Plus, stay tuned for new deals coming this Friday!

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 17</span> will last until May 29, 4:00 PM UTC.
Ooooh Roller Coaster Tycoon? I've heard good thing about it. And I'd like to try getting into sims. Just one question. Is this a game where you have to be a prick to succeed or can you just have fan building stuff?
Oh, great sale! Thanks for the RTS games (Act of War series, KKND :))
Blood, kknd, locomotion, master of magic, act of war and it's only the first part! I'll wait until Friday to make my choice, but vol. 17 is already a good one.
@thraxman reported:

Theres some RPG sale going thats not been mentioned yet
https://www.gog.com/promo/20170522_special_sale_rpg_week
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T GET KKND2!!!!!!

There's lotsa bugs in it, including one which can corrupt saved games.
Why does GOG continue to sell a game with unsolved game-greaking bugs? I'm talking about KKND2. The number of reviews and forum posts in that regard is overwhelming.

Please pull the game from the store until it is fixed (if ever). You're only making more and more consumers angry otherwise.
YES!!!! Master of Magic! Rollercoaster Tycoon! And now, with the Role Playing sale, System Shock 1+2! Dang, GOG, my wallet hurts, but this is the good stuff. Now I just need the Star Controls, Unreal series, and Rogue Legacy to complete the Sean Malstrom top 10 list I mentioned at the Civilization sale.
GOG.com: As long as it's a great game, it belongs in here.
Atari already answered the call and there's another mystery guest coming this Friday. Wonder who that is...

Plus, stay tuned for new games and deals coming this Friday!

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 17</span> will last until May 29, 4:00 PM UTC.
Just let it be Oblivion, so we can let all those obligatory comments slide into the oblivion of the past....
Atari already answered the call and there's another mystery guest coming this Friday. Wonder who that is...

Luned: Just let it be Oblivion, so we can let all those obligatory comments slide into the oblivion of the past....
Nah, that sounds like just another publishers games added to the sale to me...

If Oblivion does come this week (and that's looking likely) then it will probably be a separate release event on Tuesday or Thursday.
Master of Magic is one of the best classics on the whole GOG universe. Somehow i felt obligated to inform you (esp. the younger folks who may have never played it before).
As I am looking for demos for some games I don't have, I will post some links here so that they might be useful to others.
There is a demo for Astebreed, and the game has Japanese audio too!
http://oceanoffgames.com/astebreed-pc-game-free-download/
Downloading procedure is a bit convoluted and it's just about 1,3 mb/s.
I like the demo. Can anyone confirm that GOG version has all the Japanese speech?
Sadly I can't find a demo for Momodora.
Also Revolver330 has a demo:
http://crosseaglet.xii.jp/game/R360R/download.html
click on the green "download demo", the 75 mb one.
Powerslide demo: https://archive.org/details/PowerslideDemo
but apparently the game won't run and GOG make it work again on moder pcs.
From youtube videos, it feels a litthe bit like good old POD with a rearview mirror. Plus, the idea that these guys are racing for FRUITS in a post-apocalyptic world really sets the mood for me.
Post edited May 22, 2017 by Dogmaus

Luned: Just let it be Oblivion, so we can let all those obligatory comments slide into the oblivion of the past....
But the fallout could be more than any of us can bear. :)
Dogmaus: There is a demo for Astebreed, and the game has Japanese audio too!
I like the demo. Can anyone confirm that GOG version has all the Japanese speech?
The game includes Japanese audio, including the voice acting the GOG release.
Dogmaus: Sadly I can't find a demo for Momodora.
The first three Momodora games are at itch.io. There isn't a demo, but they might be enough to help develop an informed opinion.
Johnmourby: Ooooh Roller Coaster Tycoon? I've heard good thing about it. And I'd like to try getting into sims. Just one question. Is this a game where you have to be a prick to succeed or can you just have fan building stuff?
I don't know what you mean exactly when talking about being "a prick", but I'll try to help you, because I love this serie :)

Well, I personally really, really love RCT 1 (it's one of my all-time favorites that I've always great pleasure to play, since its first demo back in the days !!), and I like a lot RCT 3 :) (not as much, some particular flaws makes it definitely not as good as the first, but... it's really enjoyable too ! ). I like a bit less RCT 2 because of some very specific points and personal taste.

In short, it's a serie made for people who enjoys the atmosphere of parks and building roller coasters, but with some constraints that you have to take in account (space, money, mission objectives). The spirit is pretty "light hearted" and joy-oriented, even if you have to think about how to do well (optimize) things (money matters to build things & improve the park).
The difficulty is progressive in each game, but RCT 3 was the easiest for me and hasn't exactly the same spirit as the first (I must confess that I didn't played more than few levels of RCT 2 for now because I didn't like it as much as the first -and the 3-, and I'm playing the 1st again and again, and 3 pretty regularly). Of course, you often have to plan things in a "commercial" spirit, for example : rollercoasters brings a lot of money and attract people, so place entry and exit wisely. This kind of things ;)
There is always the balance of "how to make money in the purpose to build a better park to bring more people inside and make them happy in the purpose of make more money in the purpose to build a better park to..." in a virtuous circle. But no "vicious" strategy against guests, simply "logical". You must know that the main creator was a huge fan of amusement parks & roller coasters, and you can feel this when playing the game ;)
Oh, and RCT3 has a sandbox mode where you have unlimited money if you don't want to even care about this point :)
I hope this helps you, even if it's only a little :P

PS : even my syster loved RCT1 when it was out (she was young, and she still loves it today :)) and she doesn't like "managerial" games : it's the only one she ever did ! ;)
PPS : I strongly suggest to buy the first one of course :D And if you can all of them ;D
Post edited May 23, 2017 by Splatsch