It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of the best prices ever documented.

It's a special day over here at GOG HQ: we get to see our faces on YouTube! More specifically, inside the awesome Noclip documentary created by Danny O'Dwyer, an intriguing story about who we are, our efforts to preserve gaming's past and future, and our ongoing mission to make all gaming DRM-free.

So do yourselves a favor and go watch it, but not before you check out the special Weekly Sale we put together to celebrate its release!

It features dozens of timeless classics including games that we helped restore: S.W.A.T. 4, Jazz Jackrabbit, Escape from Monkey Island, Forgotten Realms: The Archives (featuring Goldbox classics like Eye of the Beholder), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Harvester, Outcast, Syndicate, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Theme Park and Theme Hospital, among others.

The Weekly Sale ends July 30, 10 PM UTC.
Uh, wow, what a great selection... so many games :)

And that documentary, have to watch it. Have to watch it...
Crosmando: That stuff about how some Japanese companies operate is almost unbelievable. No legal agreements and based purely on personal trust? it's a wonder they ever get anything done.
The interesting thing is, that in most parts of the world even if you have all the papers (legal agreement), they can still screw you.

Especially if they have more money, better lawyers etc.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by vadalma2018
The video was so interesting, it was great to see all the process to get a game here and then make it work. And it was very curious to see that the first big publisher to sign in was Ubisoft. Also I'm very happy to see you are still working on getting good old games here like No One LIves Forever and Black and White 2. Thank you so much for your work!

But I have to say that I don't like very much this new weekly/weekend sales page format, like others have said the old one was better because you can sort the games and the games you already own are a the bottom of the list.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by Esmeralda95
high rated
Sales Highlights Based on Prior Sales

Not on Sale Since Summer Sale of 2016
Harvester (75% off - Matches GoG historical Best)

First Time on Sale
Metal Fatigue (10% off - released here 21-Jun-2018)
Shivers (10% off - released here 21-Jun-2018)

No other Historical Bests

More detailed information for this and other games on sale here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CF-oBHAEZE6T8zlLaIbQsdOWv_8tpV-QbDOhGsehX_Q/edit?usp=sharing
A sale is always nice so thanks for that but i fear i have to be a bit negative to as usual, there's too few games and not a good enough selection this time, there's a few worthwhile classics only.
Can´t watch it right now, but when I´ll get home, I surely will :)

Thank you for all the hard work and we, plebs, definitely need to see the process behind acquiring the games; some people just don´t get how difficult is to make the games appear here :)
Post edited July 23, 2018 by Tarhiel
RWarehall: Sales Highlights Based on Prior Sales

Not on Sale Since Summer Sale of 2016
Harvester (75% off - Matches GoG historical Best)

First Time on Sale
Metal Fatigue (10% off - released here 21-Jun-2018)
Shivers (10% off - released here 21-Jun-2018)

No other Historical Bests

More detailed information for this and other games on sale here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CF-oBHAEZE6T8zlLaIbQsdOWv_8tpV-QbDOhGsehX_Q/edit?usp=sharing
Mmm, thought as much when I looked at it. 9% off some titles whoopee!
As for youlubers that would put me off a 95% off sale.
ChrisGamer300: A sale is always nice so thanks for that but i fear i have to be a bit negative to as usual, there's too few games and not a good enough selection this time, there's a few worthwhile classics only.
Hard to call it too few...there are over a hundred which is far more than most weekly sales.

My issue is that the deals are nothing new, but that again isn't too surprising given the proximity to the Summer Sale, not to mention the upcoming 10th anniversary in a couple months.
Nice documentary about Gog : )
A very nice project! I was excited and happy to see all those details and anecdotes about GOG :)
Funny legal problems! ;)
ChrisGamer300: A sale is always nice so thanks for that but i fear i have to be a bit negative to as usual, there's too few games and not a good enough selection this time, there's a few worthwhile classics only.
RWarehall: Hard to call it too few...there are over a hundred which is far more than most weekly sales.

My issue is that the deals are nothing new, but that again isn't too surprising given the proximity to the Summer Sale, not to mention the upcoming 10th anniversary in a couple months.
Ofc but that's because most weekly sales are terrible and yes the deals are nothing new either.

I also have a personal dislike here since i have grown to despise most adventure games recently, there's exceptions sure but very few of them in this sale.
Fantastic documentary! I love the work and care GOG puts into their store, trying their best to acquire and make old games compatible with modern systems is no small feat. I hope they find a solution for NOLF, I miss that game.

I will always support you and buy my games from here. I wish more gamers will do the same.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by armitom
Very interesting doc on GOG's classic gaming efforts. Some of the behind the scenes stuff about approaching publishers in particular.
Very good documentary that explains a lot of things why some old games hasn't arrived at GOG yet. I think, I put this documentary in my briwser's bookmarks and post a link to it when someone will start crying that "GOG isn't care about old games anymore". Sale is also quite interesting and I already found few games to buy. :)

But after watching this film one thing still makes me wonder even more than before: Ubisoft was one of the first big companies that supported GOG and they still haven't brought any of their old games here except very first ones. Still no Assassins' Creed games except first game, still no Far Cry 3 and later games in the series. Still no Ghost Recon except first one. Same with the Splinter Cell series. I wonder what made them to stop bringing their old games to GOG and, more importantly, when they bring their other older games to GOG?
Andrey82: But after watching this film one thing still makes me wonder even more than before: Ubisoft was one of the first big companies that supported GOG and they still haven't brought any of their old games here except very first ones. Still no Assassins' Creed games except first game, still no Far Cry 3 and later games in the series. Still no Ghost Recon except first one. Same with the Splinter Cell series. I wonder what made them to stop bringing their old games to GOG and, more importantly, when they bring their other older games to GOG?
Yeah, its weird, been waiting for Pandora Tomorrow,Chaos Theory&Double Agent to appear for years now, Ghost Recon 1 is missing its expansions and Rainbow Six Rogue Spear&Ravenshield are nowhere to be found either.

I can understand why modern uplay games wouldn't make it though (AC2,FC3 etc) its the uplay point system they have that could cause some issues with unlocks in-game, though a solution would be to have all of that unlocked from the get-go,

Send them an email once asking about bringing some legacy games on GOG, no reply :(
What does the gynecologist say when he comes home?

Finally, faces!

Nice documentary. But I have so many questions...