It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Master and commander.

Last week was about reaping the benefits of being a well-wisher. This week is about being master and commander. A battalion of strategy games await your orders inside our Weekly Sale barracks, flying an up to -90% banner.

Battle Brothers: Soldiers of fortune are rarely noble, but man do they get the job done. With some smart maneuvering on your part, lots of grit, and little bit of luck, they will soon be a force to be reckoned with in this dark fantasy world of blood and mud.

Craft the World: Tactical gameplay is not just about laying waste but also about laying the foundations for a world of your own making! Control a tribe of industrious dwarves as they build, defend, and expand their settlements against the magical meanies of the land.

The Weekly Sale ends April 30, 10 PM UTC.
deleted
Why people hate Stronghold Crusader 2 ?
Post edited April 26, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
Sjuan: I just bought Corsairs Gold :)
ciemnogrodzianin: Nice game, but hard as hell. For me at least ;)
Yes, at the moment it is getting difficult for me. But it is very funny. I'm glad I bought it.
Sjuan: Yes, at the moment it is getting difficult for me. But it is very funny. I'm glad I bought it.
Good luck! You can beat it! ;)

I've decided to check Men of War. Unfortunately, it prooves I'm terrible in strategies - I'm struggling to complete the very first mission ;)
Opinions on the Men of War series?. Best to worst? (for singleplayer only)
badon: Thank you for another sale! I'm going to pick through it for games to test for my GOGmix:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs
groundhog42: Nice gogmix! +1 and thanks.

It can be surprising which games you can or can't run if your system is relatively low-specced.
Thank you very much for the feedback. I agree, it can be surprising in a lot of ways, both good and bad. That's why I think it's important to actually test the games, and keep a list of successful tests in my GOGmix. I'm getting better at guessing which games will work, but I still occasionally buy something that doesn't work due to a small detail I overlooked in the official minimum system requirements. That's literally the price I pay for making my GOGmix list, haha.

If you have any other suggestions, ideas, or thoughts you want to share about my GOGmix, please let me know! Also, if you find the opportunity to share my GOGmix with others, please do that, because I really want the information to benefit as many people as possible, so I can come up with some way to justify my game-buying budget. I NEEEED more games!
Carradice: Knights and Merchants, which gets even better with the labor-of-love online remake to be applied over the version of GOG.
What sorcery is this? What is an "online remake"? Have you had a chance to play your games yet? Any you can recommend to me?
Niggles: Opinions on the Men of War series?. Best to worst? (for singleplayer only)
I bought the whole series, but I haven't played any of them yet. My impression is they're all worth playing, that's why I got them all. I will probably start with the first one and go through them in order. At least, that's what I tell myself when I buy a whole series of games to pile on top of my huge backlog of fantastic unplayed games :)
Post edited April 28, 2018 by badon
i_hope_you_rot: Why people hate Stronghold Crusader 2 ?
I noticed the reviews are really bad. Did you buy it and try it?
badon: Did you buy it and try it?
No .
badon: What sorcery is this? What is an "online remake"? Have you had a chance to play your games yet? Any you can recommend to me?
Please see this thread ;)
For what I played, Knights and Merchants is really enjoyable, especially with this "remake" which is in fact a free mod improving UI, playability, etc...(yes you need it to fully enjoy the game for me)
At this price, I recommend to get it :) But please note that I've never finished it for now, but am really looking into playing it again ;)

Edit : The website where is the remake : http://www.kamremake.com/download/ ,
and here are some even more recent bugfixes for campaigns in the remake, in case you would like to take a look :)
Post edited April 29, 2018 by Splatsch
badon: What sorcery is this? What is an "online remake"? Have you had a chance to play your games yet? Any you can recommend to me?
Splatsch: Please see this thread ;)
For what I played, Knights and Merchants is really enjoyable, especially with this "remake" which is in fact a free mod improving UI, playability, etc...(yes you need it to fully enjoy the game for me)
At this price, I recommend to get it :) But please note that I've never finished it for now, but am really looking into playing it again ;)
Thank you very much for the excellent information!
badon: Thank you very much for the excellent information!
You're very welcome :)
I updated my previous message with direct links if you are interested ;)
I like this mix of town management with battles. And really like the graphics ! Not a perfect game, but a good & very enjoyable one for me.
Edit : if you want to take a look on the game with the remake : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSOqUrII1c
Post edited April 29, 2018 by Splatsch
Well Craft The World / Desktop Dungeons Enhanced Edition and their DLCs have to wait until the next sale . I will receive my salary on the 5th .
Carradice: Knights and Merchants, which gets even better with the labor-of-love online remake to be applied over the version of GOG.
Hehe, thanks for pointing out the bad wording. I just edited it. You know, I meant a remake available online for free that is to be applied over the version in GOG.

Well, I did not get Knights and Merchants this time. I focused on Warrior Kings. About this one I just started with the first levels, but so far it is fun.

There are for very short tutorials that you will be done with in no time. Then, the first mission lets you practice with your units, and the second mission is the first one where the game is not holding your hand so much and you start making more decisions.

The graphics are pòst-2000 and serviceable. The same with the interface. Older polygons, comparable to the first Total War game. There is some originality with the economy. The game does not tell you explicitly: each crop field is to be tended by just one peasant. You will find that most RTS interface conventions work, double click to select all the units of the same type within an area, left click selects, right click points destination, Control-number to make groups, etcetera.

Also of note: formations matter. With too few units it it not possible to make up a formation. Also, when formed it is possible to disband the formation, with might be advantageous in some circumstances. There are places, for example narrow passages, that a formation cannot trespass, so you have to change from line to column or disbanding the formation if you want to get to your destination through the shorter path. Formations offer bonuses and the possibility of making them up or disbanding them is quite original and provides tactical options.

Buildings that provide you with new units can be set to send these to wherever you tell them, selecting the long arrow icon in the building screen, and right-click on the desired point.

All in all, it manages to surprise even seasoned players. The gameplay feels organic, things just "feel right". Each mission scenario provides you with a mini-epic. As one of the reviews in GOG points out, this game will give you a few things that Total War will not.

It is fun and worth a try. So much fun for barely few cents!!!
badon: If you have any other suggestions, ideas, or thoughts you want to share about my GOGmix, please let me know!
King of Dragon Pass is atemporal. Its graphics are mostly very beautiful pictures that is a joy to look at, with a wonderful soundtrack.

The original version will work anywhere, everywhere. No problems of CPU clock, etc.

The original main designer made a remake for tablets that works nice, and then ported it to PC. It adds only a few comfort improvements. Right now GOG is selling the remake BUT the original version comes as well. I would bet both will work fine but especially the original will do fine in any computer, while looking equally awesome.

The game is one-of-a-kind. You get to manage a clan of northern barbarians as they migrate to the lands of Dragon Pass, in the world of Glorantha, of RuneQuest fame. It really feels like that, and you get to care about the people and its culture.