It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Point. Click. Pirate a ship!

Sale season is over so let's honor the occasion... with a Weekly Sale, consisting of two parts! One is for all you Adventure-seekers out there who can't stop pointing and clicking at things, but anyone who follows a more balanced gaming diet will also find several tasty snacks here, courtesy of Retroism.

Like, for example, Sid Meier's seminal titles Colonization, Pirates! Gold Plus, and Covert Action, the intense shooter Slave Zero, the action/strategy heavyweights Uprising 1 & 2, and the brutal shooter Eradicator.

Did we mention the spirit of adventure is strong in this one? 'Cause it totally is: The Last Door (Season 1 and 2), the Broken Sword saga, Downfall: Redux, Kentucky Route Zero, The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk, and of course the Syberia trilogy are just a few of your options if you want to spend some time solving puzzles, making conversation, or just discovering fantastic stories.

Both the Adventure and Retroism sales will last until January 22, 11 PM UTC.
3rd time on sale in a row ? The Uprising series can't be this popular . -.-
Post edited January 21, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
Some good discounts, but as usual, of the games I'm interested in, I already own all those which come with a good discount. ;)
Sooo, what exactly is 2064: Read Only Memories?
Some reviewers mention this game being a point-and-click titles, while others say it isn't a game at all but an interactive novel. I would have watched a gameplay but since it's (apparently) a story driven game I don't want to spoil myself.
Any help/information would be appreciated. :)
NuffCatnip: Sooo, what exactly is 2064: Read Only Memories?
Some reviewers mention this game being a point-and-click titles, while others say it isn't a game at all but an interactive novel. I would have watched a gameplay but since it's (apparently) a story driven game I don't want to spoil myself.
I'm currently playing it, though I'm fairly early in it. From what I've played - it has the looks of a classic/retro p&c adventure and some p&c elements like actions (look/talk/take/use/etc), an inventory (store things you pick up and use some on screen), but you seem to be spending most of your time reading (and I mean a lot) and clicking to progress the text and the story, which is a lot more like a VN.
We need some more Retroism games. How about releasing 1942: TPAW and Fleet Defender?
NuffCatnip: Sooo, what exactly is 2064: Read Only Memories?
HypersomniacLive: I'm currently playing it, though I'm fairly early in it. From what I've played - it has the looks of a classic/retro p&c adventure and some p&c elements like actions (look/talk/take/use/etc), an inventory (store things you pick up and use some on screen), but you seem to be spending most of your time reading (and I mean a lot) and clicking to progress the text and the story, which is a lot more like a VN.
Thanks a ton!
Sounds good, I was fearing a shallow game without any content, but it seems those fears were unwarranted.
NuffCatnip: Thanks a ton!
Sounds good, I was fearing a shallow game without any content, but it seems those fears were unwarranted.
[emphasis added]

Not sure what you mean by the part I highlighted. Elaborate, please?
NuffCatnip: Thanks a ton!
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

Not sure what you mean by the part I highlighted. Elaborate, please?
After reading some reviews, I got the impression 2064 was a (very) short kinetic novel.
Post edited January 15, 2018 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: After reading some reviews, I got the impression 2064 was a (very) short kinetic novel.
No, not a kinetic novel, and according to MaGog, it takes about 9-10hrs on average to complete.
NuffCatnip: After reading some reviews, I got the impression 2064 was a (very) short kinetic novel.
HypersomniacLive: No, not a kinetic novel, and according to MaGog, it takes about 9-10hrs on average to complete.
Ah, alright, thanks for clearing that up for me.
NuffCatnip: Ah, alright, thanks for clearing that up for me.
You should take that with a grain of salt, however; depending on how fast you read, and if you're going to click on everything and through all options, it may well take you (a lot) longer. For instance, in the first scene, you can click on about 15 objects, each one giving you the "look", "talk" and "use" actions, and picking each one of those more than once gives you a couple of different blurbs/descriptions (some of them humorous), and not just the "can't do this" sort when what you're trying to do isn't possible.

Hope this helps, and have fun if you decide to get it.
i_hope_you_rot: 3rd time on salein a row ? The Uprising series can't be this popular . -.-
I like it. :)
Is Redline as buggy as it is described most all the time ? I mean, mouse issue, songs not played, tiny resolution...
good ones too
Well, I now own Broken Sword 1-4. Is the fifth worth a grab too at its current price?