It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fans of wandering through the virtual worlds are in for quite an exciting journey.

Latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM gives you walking simulation games with up to 90% discounts. See what mysteries you can uncover while moving your protagonists’ feet.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (-85%) is an adventure horror game with many scares and dark atmosphere. Here danger can lurk behind every corner of the desolated castle.

Myst Masterpiece Edition (-50%) is a remastered version of a true classic among the adventure games. Visit the mysterious island and unravel its secrets.

Through the Woods (-80%) is not a walk-in-a-park game. This horror and adventure title will give you the chilling experience of being lost in the dark Norse forest.

Weekend Sale on GOG.COM featuring walking simulator games will last until 13th January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
GOG, you've forgot about Uru: Complete Chronicles.
high rated
Interesting what GOG counts as walking sims. There are several puzzle based first person adventures in it. I'd hardly call this a walking simulator. Walking simulators imo are more focused on story and don't contain much gameplay and puzzles .. then agaon - looking at what GOG categorizes as adventure ... maybe they have their own way of categorizing things ;)
MarkoH01: Interesting what GOG counts as walking sims. There are several puzzle based first person adventures in it. I'd hardly call this a walking simulator. Walking simulators imo are more focused on story and don't contain much gameplay and puzzles .. then agaon - looking at what GOG categorizes as adventure ... maybe they have their own way of categorizing things ;)
Maybe. But I guess they run just out of buzz words. I like games in which I can just walk open worldishly and look at stuff. Like TES games or FO3/FO:NV. 'cpecially with some of them juicy interior expansion mods combined with some more music station mods (ok, thats more FO then TES). Looking at the surrounding details; grasping the storys just told but that without any big book readings and such. Its a nice relaxing alternative to the usually quest based gameplay.

This list from Gog above... outside (faintly) that Woods game nothing gives the vibe of that. At all.
low rated
GOG.com: implying Amnesia is a walking simulator
OHNONONONONONONONONONONONO......

*triggered*
Well, you certainly have a different definition of walking simulator than I do o.O
moonshineshadow: Well, you certainly have a different definition of walking simulator than I do o.O
Which is sad since I like those and was happy when I read the announcement ... then I realized that I already own those few that really ARE walking sims ... at least those with a good discount.
Post edited January 10, 2020 by MarkoH01
GOG,
You just lost 90% of the expected sales from this sale... most people would not bother to even take a look at the games on sale after seeing "walking simulator", despite the fact they would be likely to buy the adventure games listed there...
Post edited January 10, 2020 by IFW
high rated
Yeah, Myst, Obduction and Quern (First Personal Puzzlers) aren't real "walking sims" just because they are First Person perspective games with no combat. "Walking Sim" is a specific term that came about from Gone Home, Dear Esther, etc, style games, where the only mechanic used by the game to progress the story is literally just walking around from one cutscene / audio speech event trigger to the next (and with zero combat or puzzles throughout).
Post edited January 10, 2020 by AB2012
Question: has through the woods keyrebinding? Can't remember if it was asked (and answered) already.

edit: no key rebinding, thus it's a pass.

Also, Myst et all aren't really walking simulators. XP

Also, Gone Home, very good, along with the scifi followup Tacoma.

_Observer is cool too. Virginia is really interesting, you don't lose much giving less than a euro for it.

Pass on Obduction & The First Tree: certified no key rebinding.
Post edited January 10, 2020 by Zoidberg
IFW: GOG,
You just lost 90% of the expected sales from this sale... most people would not bother to even take a look at the games on sale after seeing "walking simulator", despite the fact they would be likely to buy the adventure games listed there...
I'm sure they have already been on sale under the 'puzzle' sticker (and many other themed AND unthemed sales). If you think about longer perspective, it makes perfect sense to try and peddle each game under as many genres as possible.
How fat and lazy can one be, to have the need for a walking-sim ?

Just go outside and walk all you want for free!! :P

All the best!
I didn't know that there were turn-based walking simulators.

–––

falloutttt: How fat and lazy can one be, to have the need for a walking-sim ?

All the best!
It's raining at the moment.
mk47at: I didn't know that there were turn-based walking simulators.

–––

falloutttt: How fat and lazy can one be, to have the need for a walking-sim ?

All the best!
mk47at: It's raining at the moment.
I remember rain. It was nice. Last time we had rain here, it was mid-summer. Good times!
high rated
Titles Discounted to a New All-Time GoG Low Price:
Call of Cthulhu® (60% off vs. 50% off)

Titles Discounted for the First Time in 2020:
Call of Cthulhu® (60% off vs. 50% off) - Last Discounted Dec-2019

GoG Sales 2020 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KmoNbiAYJJxUIrjfCD0yc08L0UwTxzPuqbTpWeZCXM/edit?usp=sharing

Edit:
The other weekend sale contains nothing we didn't see in the Winter Sale. And Fictorum had its base price reduced from $19.99 to $9.99.
Post edited January 10, 2020 by RWarehall