It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
gc_sicbkoy: Thank you for the response.
No problem. I follow TB rather extensively, so I know that he stressed several times that he gets nothing out of the deal personally, it's all going towards his eSports team.
low rated
Soooo, TB advertising "Dreamfall 1 + 2"

... what now, "Dreamfall 1 + 2"??

What's that even supposed to mean?

...this is, of course, the kind of utter knowledge gap that, if exhibited by prominent feminist critics of video games, would probably be used to disqualify said critics as "real gamers". :)
Vainamoinen: Soooo, TB advertising "Dreamfall 1 + 2"

...this is, of course, the kind of utter knowledge gap that, if exhibited by prominent feminist critics of video games, would probably be used to disqualify said critics as "real gamers". :)
He already corrected this and apologized - no need to hit again. I am wondering what the point of this post is at all.

TotalBiscuit: Yeah I mispoke on that one, apologies.
----------------------------------------------------------------
MarkoH01: He already corrected this and apologized - no need to hit again. I am wondering what the point of this post is at all.
I think it's fairly obvious, what the point of this post is: Trying to desperately bash TB, no matter how ridiculous the accusations.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Fesin
Damn. Wasteland 2 is back to tempt me once again. It's no.2 on my considerably long wishlist, but I promised myself not to buy anything until I'm done with everything I got from the Summer Sale. And even at -50% it's still quite a few bucks.

I shall meditate on this.

Anyway, that's quite the weekend promo. I don't like TotalBiscuit one bit, but I guess he finally proved usefull ;)
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Breja
low rated
lostwolfe: if you guys are hell-bent on using "big celebrities" [something that makes me shrug], then you really should be looking to promote people in the gog community rather than people outside it.
Or, more importantly, how about people who actually have a positive and uplifting impact and influence in the gaming community. "Total Biscuit," most assuredly, does not. He is a toxic presence, and proudly so. Egotistical, regressive, reactionary, irrational, dishonest, immature, not nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is. Supporting a nebulous internet hate campaign, winking and nodding at his small-minded, sycophantic minions to do the dirty work for him while he smugly denies any responsibility.

This person is not good for gaming culture, and he is not good for GOG. This is a damn shame.

Now, go ahead and mob downvote me as is your way.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by TullyFernado
Breja: Damn. Wasteland 2 is back to tempt me once again. It's no.2 on my considerably long wishlist, but I promised myself not to buy anything until I'm done with everything I got from the Summer Sale. And even at -50% it's still quite a few bucks.

I shall meditate on this.

Anyway, that's quite the weekend promo. I don't like TotalBiscuit one bit, but I guess he finally proved usefull ;)
See? That's the kind of comment I'm okay with. You don't have to like TotalBiscuit, but just stop abusing this thread for your hate towards him. Stop discussing the person, and just discuss the games he recommended.
I would love to see Jim Sterling here or Nerdcubed promoting some GOG games.
Still no version upgrade options for PoE? I would like to purchase the Champion or Royal edition without repurchasing the whole game. We were told this was in the works MONTHS ago when the game released and here we are, still no option. THIS is why people are reluctant to buy from you at times, GoG.
What a nice idea!

Although I do not agree with all of his points (used games come to mind) I really like TB's unagitated, professional no bullshit attitude when it comes to gaming. His videos are quite informative to me as a gamer and I like to watch them. Having a pleasant voice doesn't hurt either, if you're making videos on youtube.

It's a good idea to let him pick games and get them discounted. I would also love to see what games have been picked and did not get a discount. Just out of curiosity. Maybe there's a gem out there, that I'm not yet aware of and that I could put on my wishlist.

Anyway, that was nicely done and I would love to see GOG and TB collaborate again in a way that I as user here can perceive.

Nalkoden: OH MY GOD... It's an Anti-GamerGate lunatic! I tought you people crawled back to your SJW holes a few months ago. It never ends this shit...
Senteria: Let's not add fuel to the fire and derail the topic at hand even further.
Well, the problem is, that you actually have to object to those claims. If nobody objects to them, they might be taken for truth.

Fesin:
TotalBiscuit: Yeah I mispoke on that one, apologies.
Fesin: ----------------------------------------------------------------
MarkoH01: He already corrected this and apologized - no need to hit again. I am wondering what the point of this post is at all.
Fesin: I think it's fairly obvious, what the point of this post is: Trying to desperately bash TB, no matter how ridiculous the accusations.
It's also possible that he did not read the whole thread before posting and therefore was not aware of TB's earlier response.

Do you always read 11 pages before posting? I did it this time and it was quite troublesome. You need to jump through a few hoops, if you want to answer to several postings at once.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by stryx
hmmm ... no recommendation for poe royal, but why ???? :)
stryx: It's also possible that he did not read the whole thread before posting and therefore was not aware of TB's earlier response.

Do you always read 11 pages before posting? I did it this time and it was quite troublesome. You need to jump through a few hoops, if you want to answer to several postings at once.
If that was indeed the case, I apologize to Vainamoinen. Although that still doesn't justify his antagonistic attitude towards TB.
low rated
GOG should get Anita Sarkeesian to choose some games :-)
Very nice mix of games in there. Already have most all I want, so nothing for me, but great sale for those who may not. Thanks GOG, Totalbiscuit, and all who allowed their games to be in this sale! :)
high rated
TullyFernado: Or, more importantly, how about people who actually have a positive and uplifting impact and influence in the gaming community. "Total Biscuit," most assuredly, does not. He is a toxic presence, and proudly so. Egotistical, regressive, reactionary, irrational, dishonest, immature, not nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is. Supporting a nebulous internet hate campaign, winking and nodding at his small-minded, sycophantic minions to do the dirty work for him while he smugly denies any responsibility.
You should probably never use the word ‘toxic’ to describe another human being ever again. That was quite possibly the most venomous message I've ever read outside of Cobra Monthly magazine.