It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

60% off Descent, Freespace, MDK, Earthworm Jim, Giants: Citizen Kabuto and more!

Knees weak, arms are heavy. There's discounts on our website already, mom's spaghetti. This weekend things get nervous and serious as a catalog containing some of our greatest classics levels up, and gets really, really . It's discounts at a flat 60% off, complete with a fresh batch of bonus goodies to complement your games! [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_interplay_intensifies_290515]<span class="bold">[interplay intensifies]</span>

We loove giving you more bang for your buck, and we love going the extra mile just for a chance to see all the various goodies and materials that make up gaming history. Among today's games on promo you can find the following goodness:

--Battle Chess 1 + 2 get manuals and a reference card! While the game in DOSBox does have an online manual of sorts, this PDF of the original manual is much nicer to look at and gives a better feel for the original game. The reference card provides players with some basic tips that are not found in the manual that delve deeper into how the game works. All in pristine condition that gives players all of the necessary information required to master the game.
--Die By The Sword Cuss Pack is an official Interplay patch of sorts that adds expletives to the main character's sound files making for a more visceral dying experience.
--The MDK "Making of" booklet (donated by user lmfsilva, thanks!) gives a detailed background into the company known as Shiny Entertainment, along with some details about the creation of the first MDK title.
--Redneck Rampage gets the Rides Again manual (donated by Foxhack!) - a manual with additional information on the expansion for Redneck Rampage.
--And finally, there is the Stonekeep Thera Awakening Novella: An important piece of history that is quite heavily referenced to inside the actual game. While it is possible to complete the game without this novella, the experience without it is simply not the same. You can also read the whole thing in German, thanks to the generous Kilmex.

<span class="bold">[interplay intensifies]</span> with tons of new bonus goodies for some of the greatest Interplay hits ever, including more classics like the Descent series, Earthworm Jim, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, and more! Everything on sale until Tuesday, June 2, 3:59 AM GMT.
dick1982: definitely getting screamer, shogo and shattered steel. not sure about the rest. probably think it over the weekend.

mdk plays more like platformer and i'm bad at that. earthworm jim , likewise. had fun memories of the EWJ 3 as a teen,but it's too hard for me, and i've never beaten it. Die By The Sword sounds like it was designed more for multiplayer. Stonekeep sounds like something i would hate as much as lands of lore or TES: arena. i remember reading the bigbox version of Citizen Kabuto back in the day. it sounded somewhat innovative with its 3 distinct styles of gameplay. but it doesn't work well with intergrated graphics chips. Battle Chess 1 + 2 ? didn't even know it was on gog.com. i don't see the point. there's free chess programs on websites, and several downloadable freeware one's floating around, like starwars chess for example.
gamesfreak64: i can play some platformers not all

its hard to explain motionsickness and photosensitivity

Nowadays good games that i can play without getting sick (motion/flashes etc etc) are so small
dick1982: games can give motion sickness? that's new to me. i get motion sickness sometimes but never in games or simulators that actually simulate real-life rocking motions. i've spent hours in a driving simulator before, but only real buses and ships can make me feel sick.
yes they can there are lost of people who have epileptic seizures, there also a large variant in this, also in the less heavvy thing that people commonly call: migraine (headaches) the later one can also have very big ones which make it close to but not an epilepsy seizure.

one of the sites that have a little info on it.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/expert/illnesses/simulator-sickness.html

That stripped background and checkboard patterns are a trigger so when i visit sites with irr backs i jus rip them with the rip plugin or addblock them to oblivion.
Reflections on water, on shiny walls, etc etc etc etc, candle light... you name it i have it (plus only 1 tot 5% if you should believe the stats, ahs it from the x million of people in holland who have this.
Also dont belive if they claim that migraines /epilepsy can be cured casue it cant otehrwise i would be cure long time ago, you have to live with it and supress it using medication thats all.

ps i also get carsick , merry go rounds is not a thing for me even watching people on tv turning around a lot with the camera makes me almost throwup

So thats why i am quite carfeull and picky on buying games.

And ofcourse every game or movie you watch for to long without periods of rest can and will cause this.
But there are many movies and games that will trigger it withing minutes, i played jagged alliance when it arrived for 2.5 hours in arow and it had no side effect.

FPP however is a big no no.

Some 3PP game are playable for me as long as the room does not scroll along with the character its okay.
Should i play subject 13 i am in trouble, it has all the things, so thats why i skip it.

The weird deformed voice effect that is talking to the person is disturbing and a big trigger.
Too bad cause the idea behind the game is interesting.
Post edited May 29, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Tannath: Nothing from my wishlist I'm afraid. I wonder though, is Kingdom: The Far Reaches really that bad?
it's kinda like those early videotape games. more repeating bits of FMV than actual game. i guess some people might buy it for the nostalgia or just to make angry game reviews???

and it seems the 3DO version looks better? yes, i'm encouraging buccaneering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LbK3s7Xooo
Post edited May 29, 2015 by dick1982
IronArcturus: I've read that Freespace 2 was a big improvement to the first one and had lots of modding. Is there any reason to get the original Freespace?
If you're comfortable with the Freespace Open project you can install fsport, which is a "remastered" port of the first one using the second version's engine.

If you just want to jump in and play, just grab the first one. It's definitely worth playing one way or another. FANTASTIC game.
deleted
Nice weekend promo, and always great to see more bonus content added, so thank you Interplay and GOG, along with lmfsilva and FoxHack for the donations!
Tannath: Nothing from my wishlist I'm afraid. I wonder though, is Kingdom: The Far Reaches really that bad?
dick1982: it's kinda like those early videotape games. more repeating bits of FMV than actual game. i guess some people might buy it for the nostalgia or just to make angry game reviews???

I still have my big box version of this game for my 3DO. :)
Is Sacrifice any good? I have it wishlisted, but can't recall why. Only thing I can figure is I saw it mentioned in a forum post at some point and wishlisted it in case it was on sale in the future.
I'm considering getting MDK and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, are they good games?
dick1982: it's kinda like those early videotape games. more repeating bits of FMV than actual game. i guess some people might buy it for the nostalgia or just to make angry game reviews???

guppy44: I still have my big box version of this game for my 3DO. :)
not sure if you're baiting me since you have a Valve(THE ENEMY!) avatar. but i'll bite.

i've never seen a real 3DO my entire life in my country. i've seen Atari Jaguars, PC-Engines and Wonderswans in the past, but never a 3DO. unless there're hipster gamers in this country who actually bother to import a 3DO, there's probably zero 3DOs on this isle.
Random_Coffee: I'm considering getting MDK and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, are they good games?
I highly recommend MDK. It's a really fun action game, unique style. I've completed it like.. 3 times or something.
Random_Coffee: I'm considering getting MDK and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, are they good games?
MDK was wildly popular in the past. considered game of the year by some magazines. also very impressive and fast graphics for that era. i think you can download a demo somewhere and try it out. not sure about Citizen Kabuto, but it was a pretty unique strategy game.
NoxTM: Is the Earthworm Jim 1 + 2 pack worth it? I'm really conflicted; as sad as it may sound (or read, I guess) $4 is still quite a lot of money for me. I really liked the games back in the SNES days but I also know the DOS ports aren't the best (and is there any issue with controllers)?
They're the really junky DOS ports. I bought them and didn't like them.

There's a Windows 95 version of EWJ1 that's amazing, but it won't run on modern computers. -_-
Daliz: I highly recommend MDK. It's a really fun action game, unique style. I've completed it like.. 3 times or something.
Alright, MDK 2 as well?
Daliz: I highly recommend MDK. It's a really fun action game, unique style. I've completed it like.. 3 times or something.
Random_Coffee: Alright, MDK 2 as well?
I'm not sure.. I played it a bit but didn't finish it, somehow the charm from the original is not there. It got pretty good reviews iirc, so it might be a good game as well. I'll get back to it someday.
deleted