It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

There are silent protagonists and chatty ones. Some go for the growly, menacing approach, others sound much more chipper, and once in awhile you might get the occasional dial-tone. But it is also not uncommon for a secondary character or even the villain to steal the show when well-performed, engaging banter is concerned. Do you have any favorites? Male, female, demons, dragons, corporeal narrators - they all count, as long as they have a voice!

Surely you've got some gaming planned for this weekend, too. Go on, share your Weekend Playlist with us. It can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some additional inspiration? The GOG.com releases of the week might help:

- You can try and prevent magical catastrophes while traversing the strangely familiar fantasy world of <span class="bold">Zenith</span>.
- You can feel burly, hairy, and incredibly deadly while you're planning your next move in <span class="bold">We Are the Dwarves</span>.
- You can navigate an urban jungle of glass and shiny metal, trying to maintain your balance while running right across the <span class="bold">Mirror's Edge&trade;</span>.
- You can breed a whole culture of oddly shaped creatures and send them out to conquer space in the <span class="bold">SPORE&trade; Collection</span>.
- You can take your revenge from the Nazi oppressors and hit them where it hurts as <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>.
- You can scratch your square chin, trying to make the decisions that Gotham City needs, as the <span class="bold">Batman</span>.
- You can try and replace or bring down a tyrannical spellcaster in <span class="bold">Sorcerer King - Rivals</span>.

So, GOGrunners, what are you playing this weekend?
Shadow Watch + Thirty Years War + Rdige Racer Type V.

Voice? Manny Calavera... in pt-br, pretty sure ;)
I'm playing Thief right now, and I probably don't need to tell you, but Stephen Russell's voice is excellent.

Runner up is probably Laura Bailey.
If I play anything (working) it'll be Halcyon 6 still :)

As for best voice... I tend to hate voice acting in games, but I do enjoy the voices in the original Xenoblade Chronicles for their cheesy awfulness...

"It's Reyn time!"
And I heartily recommend you listen to the other videos for the other characters too if you want a laugh ;)
Wishbone: As for voice acting, my personal favourite is Tim Curry as the god Stratos in Sacrifice.
Haha, my own pick would be Tony Jay as Mithras. It made such an impression on me, it was the first time I looked up a videogame voice actor. From then, whenever I'd hear him, I instantly knew it - guy had a distinctive voice. But pretty much everyone in Sacrifice was entertaining.
I'm running a 10K tomorrow, so my gaming schedule is a bit up in the air. More Bioshock is very likely, but I have some GOG backlog to get through. And I just bought Theif, I want to give that a try.

Best voices... well I'm a Jim Cummings fan so everything he does. Susan Blackslee is very good in Bioshock. And I'm really digging Apollo and Phoenix in the new Phoenix Wright stuff. They don't talk much though. At least vocally. Ben Diskin is winning me over too. I love Voice Actors/acting so I'll keep thinking. I can only think of a handful of female VA in general though. There should be more.
Stellaris.

Voice acting?

How about the worst performance?
Train Fever, Sorcerer King: Rivals, probably a game of Mini Metro and thinking of getting Oriental Empires at the moment.
vicklemos: Shadow Watch + Thirty Years War + Rdige Racer Type V.

Voice? Manny Calavera... in pt-br, pretty sure ;)
Is Thirty Years War similar to Pride of Nations?
Post edited September 23, 2016 by Matruchus
Probably won't get round to anything this weekend. If I do though I will continue with Caesar 3

Favorite voice? Definitely Gabriel Angelos
Post edited September 23, 2016 by Matewis
I'm playing Brigador, which has the best soundtrack of the year and is also the most fun/oldschool game of 2016
Wishbone: As for voice acting, my personal favourite is Tim Curry as the god Stratos in Sacrifice.
hyperagathon: Haha, my own pick would be Tony Jay as Mithras. It made such an impression on me, it was the first time I looked up a videogame voice actor. From then, whenever I'd hear him, I instantly knew it - guy had a distinctive voice. But pretty much everyone in Sacrifice was entertaining.
Indeed. Most of the voice acting in Sacrifice is phenomenal.

Oh, another favourite of mine is Ellen McLain as GlaDOS in Portal 1&2.
Right now playing Rimworld, Grim Dawn, Sorcerer King Rivals and Necropolis.

Favorite voice, I would have to say Elias Toufexis as Adam Jensen from Deus Ex. He just has that whole Clint Eastwood vibe going on, with maybe a little extra "F$@k You" in it.
Best voice in gaming?

Why his one's of course!

As for what I'm playing this weekend...I guess I'll play The Saboteur and Dragon Age Origins, maybe Zenith as well.
Post edited September 24, 2016 by NuffCatnip
Playing some skirmish battles again on Hard in Dawn of War - Soulstorm.
Much more fun than Dawn of War 2 . . .

Thereafter I feel it might be some unfinished business from the past and an oldie too, Disciples 1 Gold

Best voice? The one who did Shodan in the original System Shock - this creepy sometimes scrambled voice is the best I can recall again for a 100% and this of all games I ever played in the past & present, old & new alike. . .
best voice in gameing?
number one-Doug Cockle as geralt of rivia
number 2- Ellen McLain as GLaDOS
number 3-Elias Toufexis as adam jensen

those 3 give great performance.
iv'e played gwent kts, and planing to play mankind divded.
Just finished playing Jedi Academy. Currently playing Banished.

Best voice: Jennifer Hale as Bastila Shan in KOTOR, Jaden in Jedi Academy, Juni in Freelancer and many other cool characters.