It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It wasn't working on Windows XP anyway.
I'll keep using GNU Wget under GNU/Linux.
@GameRager

Please stop.

On-topic. Relevant. Posts. Excluding personal attacks. Your last post said absolutely nothing about GOG downloader.

I will however dignify (lol) your post briefly with my comments.

GameRager: ...
You realise *you* replied to one of my posts, right? Commented on my post? You. You did that.

If you didn't want to converse, or didn't expect a reply, maybe stop commenting on my posts and stop ridiculing/dismissing/belittling them?

Just sayin'. Just a suggestion.

Or. Keep pissing up an ant hill. Shaking up the bee hive. Poking the bear with a stick. And some other mixed metaphors. Don't be surprised if that doesn't quite work out the way you expected.
low rated

On-topic. Relevant. Posts. Excluding personal attacks. Your last post said absolutely nothing about GOG downloader.
Weren't you the one who said I shouldn't ignore you or your posts earlier?

Look, I made one more reply from the heart in an attempt to show you how you got things wrong about me and to explain my side of things(so you might see how you might be wrong about me, and so we could both move past this....or to move it to PM if you wanted to discuss such further)...i'd appreciate it if you yourself didn't p*ss all over it and showed some of the respect you have said people deserve.

Or. Keep pissing up an ant hill. Shaking up the bee hive. Poking the bear with a stick. And some other mixed metaphors. Don't be surprised if that doesn't quite work out the way you expected.
Also please don't threaten me or anyone else(if that is what you are doing here with this bit).

That said, this is my last reply to you on this back-forth on the forums(at least in these threads)....if you want we can take it to any number of places(some semi-private and some private).....my PM chat, my offsite quicktopics, my forum offtopic thread....your pick.

Prove to me you mean what you say and show some decorum/civility by using one of those options or dropping it....that is all.

Edit: It seems, as per your reply to this, that you care more to argue this in public to get attention(and not to talk in private and actually resolve this or ignore it)....as such I will be ignoring ANY posts you make here/elsewhere from now on for the most part.
=================================

vsr: It wasn't working on Windows XP anyway.
I'll keep using GNU Wget under GNU/Linux.
Nice, another alternate for people to use...gonna add this to my list in POST 130...thanks for listing this for everyone. :)
Post edited March 12, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: ...
That was again a bunch of unrelated stuff, that I will not respond to specifically, this time.

This will be my last reply to you, about this derailing off-topic subject, in this thread.

I have little interest in continuing whatever this is, in other avenues such as PMs. You haven't shown a single inclination to acknowledge what you did or said was remotely insulting/rude/flaming in the past. If you can't meet me half-way, or even a tenth of the way, by admitting some of this, I don't see why we need to continue at all.

In fact, you've shown a disturbing tendency to continue doing what you do to insult people - like evidenced just above in your previous post.

*buh bye*
idbeholdME: Wasn't using it but this is sure to upset some people I guess.
darthspudius: It's the GOG forum, everything upsets everyone. Good riddance I say. The thing has been useful for a long long time.
That can be said about 90% of your comments yet here we are... Oh the sweet sweet irony. Cheers
rojimboo: ...snip
"I paid for this??? I paid this company to have me click 10 times at the files??? What sort of cruel and unusual medieval punishment is this??? etc"

...snip
And yet there is a whole thread whinging about why they don’t get the “achievements” for such things...
HypersomniacLive: I guess that's what we get for calling them out on not caring about and hence not fixing broken GOG Downloader pages (read from here on and up to post #3269). Because automating the process of adding correct and working links to the GOG Downloader pages, or even game fora, is apparently beyond the capabilities or interest of GOG.

Unreliable and often non-existent update notifications, no or extremely belated changelogs (as in over six months or even a year late), no checksums, and now no download method that makes sure the downloaded files aren't corrupted.

So thanks GOG, appreciated. You sure do your best to make the lives of those preferring the standalone installers difficult.

I don't even have the energy any more to post in more detail, others have said plenty already, and it's not like GOG will show up to add another word; it's been a blue text popping up to deliver some Good News™, which if one doesn't frequent the forum won't even notice, then vanish into the sunset for a very long time now.

To GOG and those saying the GOG Galaxy client does the same - first off that's not exactly true (no update notifications for not installed games), and second and most important, it's ludicrous to install such a bloated (and problematic from posts I've read) piece of software just for downloading/backing up. Ludicrous.
You have seen the release threads with broken links? Used the broken since time immemorable forum? Of course gog can’t maintain links, barely even able to get release threads spelt correctly!

rojimboo: "I paid for this??? I paid this company to have me click 10 times at the files???
Breja: The horror.

When I close my eyes I can still see the bodies on the streets.
From what I am lead to believe, switching a machine off when not in use is far too much trouble nowadays, so this does not surprise me at all
Breja: The horror.

When I close my eyes I can still see the bodies on the streets.
rojimboo: It's not the end of the world, but coming from other distribution platforms, it came across as something extremely basic and unpolished, and leaves newcomers wondering wtf it is the way it is.

I don't mind some legwork with my gaming setups, and getting stuff to work. After all, I solely game on linux these days.
But having to manually click 10 separate links to download the installer separately? That was harsh, man. My mouse finger suffered. My eyes suffered too.

Then I learnt about lgogdownloader, a one-man project apparently, that does a better job, despite doing it for free. Wish it were promoted a bit more, and were more visible.

..snip
Yes, I agree there should be better download options, but can these not be from the website itself? Shouldn’t need third party tools, clients, addons etc. I have used systems where I can go into my account, select a product and it gives me a link to download everything for that product. It souls to be difficult. Have used bit torrent recently and that seems reasonable, although again, don’t particularly like the third party software, but at least there is a choice of that.
What about one link which daisy chains all the parts and docs? Just wondering aloud here.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by nightcraw1er.488
HypersomniacLive: I guess that's what we get for calling them out on not caring about and hence not fixing broken GOG Downloader pages (read from here on and up to post #3269). Because automating the process of adding correct and working links to the GOG Downloader pages, or even game fora, is apparently beyond the capabilities or interest of GOG.
True. So beware, if we complain too much about the forum being broken, GOG might decide to deactivate it completely! ;-)

HypersomniacLive: So thanks GOG, appreciated. You sure do your best to make the lives of those preferring the standalone installers difficult.
This, however, is surely intentional. After all GOG wants to pressure everyone into using Galaxy, as they have shown time and again. So yes, making the lives of those customers who prefer the standalone installers difficult is GOG's business philosophy.
vsr: It wasn't working on Windows XP anyway.
I used GOG Downloader since 2009 and back then I still used WinXP so, maybe it did not work for you for whatever reason - but WinXP was not the reason.

GameRager: Nice, another alternate for people to use...gonna add this to my list in POST 130...thanks for listing this for everyone. :)
Don't forget to mentionthat you need Linux for this to use (at least it sounded this way) and afaik the majority still does not use Linux (if it were otherwise I am sure GOG would already have developed Galaxy for Linux). I don't want to offend Linux users here - just want to point out that this alternative probably is only for selected few.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by MarkoH01
low rated
MarkoH01: Don't forget to mention that you need Linux for this to use (at least it sounded this way) and afaik the majority still does not use Linux (if it were otherwise I am sure GOG would already have developed Galaxy for Lunix). I don't want to offend Linux users here - just want to pint out that this alternative probably is only for selected few.
I didn't as it has Linux in the name...though I guess I should go back and list it to be on the safe side.
GameRager: Nice, another alternate for people to use...gonna add this to my list in POST 130...thanks for listing this for everyone. :)
MarkoH01: Don't forget to mention that you need Linux for this to use (at least it sounded this way).
Not really. Wget is available for Windows too.
MarkoH01: Don't forget to mention that you need Linux for this to use (at least it sounded this way).
mrkgnao: Not really. Wget is available for Windows too.
Ah, thanks for adding this.
Anticipating GOG downloader dismantling (and knowing that some game links weren't already updated anymore) I have been using Galaxy for some time now. It's still not a reliable way of backing up installer and it has a convoluted way to accessing the Extra page for each game. I would have hoped the GOG team would put some effort in that section before disabling alternatives but I guess that's not the case. I believe that for people interested in backing up drm-free installers, there should be a way to do that massively and with quality of life improvement for audit and check and already existent collection.
I knew I couldn't be the only one to remember that. Well played!
Post edited March 12, 2020 by Dalthnock
low rated
timppu: I run one bat file (gog.bat) which does all these things:
- Downloads any new or updated game or extras/goodies files for the offline installers. I don't have to try track what has changed or I haven't downloaded yet, gogrepo does it automatically.
- Cleans my GOG game collection, moving away old obsolete installer files.
- Verifies that all my installers are still ok (no data corruption/bitrot).
Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Paranoia.

One day, GOG will include DRM in all installers. Since you're downloading & deleting everything automatically without checking, you will lose all your DRM free installers, and be stuck with a bunch of useless files.

Sleep tight!
low rated
MIK0: Anticipating GOG downloader dismantling (and knowing that some game links weren't already updated anymore) I have been using Galaxy for some time now.
(Relevant bit at 2:08 or so, but the entire thing would apply here with some word changes)