It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Well folks, I've had enough. he just doesn't stop coming, and I refuse to engage in his tit for tat nonsense.

I suspect he just wants to have the last word and drive me out of this topic, a topic he sees as pointless, but he still comes here. He's even adopting stuff in a pathetic attempt to give reason to his being here. Seems pretty clear to me now what his agenda is.

I've done my bit for this topic, so I am now moving on. I've got better things to do than read his drivel and ridiculous attempts at being God's Gift to Psychology and everyone's best friend.

I've been far more tolerant and forgiving with him than I should have been .... no more.

So I pass the baton onto someone else. BOL

Cheers.
Breja: The phrase you're looking for is "those who will not see" implying intention on their part, rather than inability.
Nope, I wasn't looking for any phrase, I said it exactly how I meant it.
Post edited July 22, 2020 by Timboli
low rated

I suspect he just wants to have the last word and drive me out of this topic, a topic he sees as pointless, but he still comes here.
Nope, I never wanted to drive you out of the topic, and actually don't see it(wishlist/thread) as fully pointless.

What I AM doing now(beyond bumping the vote links), in part, is trying to get you to see your own poor behavior and treatment of others(such as myself) in this thread(which you continued in your latest post by essentially calling my posts drivel, etc).

Yet instead of being the upright person you claim to be and admitting your faults here and apologizing(as I did earlier), or extending an olive branch of sorts like the OP did earlier, you continue to shift blame to me.

He's even adopting stuff in a pathetic attempt to give reason to his being here.
No, I did the vote links to be nice and help out a bit.

Seems pretty clear to me now what his agenda is.
I have no "agenda" other than to post to threads I find interesting....that's about it.

--------------------------

Btw if we're going to assign blame let's put it where it is due. You want to know who helped to make this movement fail to some degree? YOURSELF

By making a GOG DLer alternative...admirable and helpful as that is.....you k*lled most remaining reason or incentive for GOG to bring the old GOG DLer back.

You also more or less abandoned these two threads for 1-2 weeks...you seemingly couldn't even bump them once every few days when I wasn't posting to them.

=================================
Post edited July 22, 2020 by GameRacer
high rated
Timboli: Nope, I wasn't looking for any phrase, I said it exactly how I meant it.
Ah, so you were going for a pointeless tautology. Sorry, my bad.
low rated

Ah, so you were going for a pointeless tautology. Sorry, my bad.
He's a pseudo-intellectual probably making these replies to boost his ego or to maintain his cognitive dissonance....I don't think he's trying(or willing to spend the time) to write Pulitzer winning material.

--------------

Also in other news: (To all: New link is south park....it is sfw)
Post edited July 22, 2020 by GameRacer
high rated
GameRacer: Btw if we're going to assign blame let's put it where it is due. You want to know who helped to make this movement fail to some degree? YOURSELF

By making a GOG DLer alternative...admirable and helpful as that is.....you k*lled most remaining reason or incentive for GOG to bring the old GOG DLer back.

You also more or less abandoned these two threads for 1-2 weeks...you seemingly couldn't even bump them once every few days when I wasn't posting to them.
Are you for real here with the above??! Timboli to some degree helped this movement fail by making an alternative to what, you yourself, wrote time and time and time again GOG would not bring back and that all of us here were just wasting our time and raising our hopes up and etc etc? Seriously? An alternative is NOT a replacement because then browser downloader add-ons are an alternative, so is that 'optional' Galaxy.

There is absolutely nothing stopping GOG, if they really wanted to, to bring back Gog Downloader, regardless of the existence of Timboli's program of another, like GOGRepo for that matter. If you know you've got two customer bases: one that is only interested in offline installers and the other that will go for the whole nine yards with bells and whistles and more, you try to cater to both or force all on the same railroad. But hey, let's the former be extremely grateful to still have offline installers huh.

As for abandoning this thread, well I'm not in Timboli's head or in the know about his schedule, but there perhaps more than valid reasons he hasn't been on this thread, besides helping to some degree helping this movement fail with his programming. Hell you might as well take that same exact shot at me for that matter and anybody else you feel has abandoned, because I've barely been here in general lately, let alone on this thread to bump it.

So speaking for myself, I haven't abandoned anything, I simply have been and still am insanely busy and have chosen to use the little free time I've had for some me time and take care of other stuff, and it's safe to say plenty others are on the same boat.

IMHO, those were really nasty and cheap shots you took there, totally uncalled for. Because I'm pretty sure what's more likely to come next, as someone who tries to be a fast learner when it comes to lessons: this was a statement, not a conversation.
low rated
I saw you don't plan on replying.....but I ask you to please, if nothing else, go and read posts 754 by the OP and also Tim's reply in Post 755.

(Also please note: I tried a few times to post civil replies in an effort to ask Tim to not shift blame for the thread's failing onto me and others, and to get some respect in return from him in this thread. That's most of what I was asking for.

This didn't work, so of course I got upset by that & how he has treated myself and some others here in the past and replied while influenced by those emotions.

Uncalled for? Maybe somewhat, but I tried to fix things between us and he didn't seem to want to reciprocate in kind. I didn't know how else to fix it, so I gave up for the most part as it seemed pointless to keep trying)
=================================

Flyingfluffypiglet: Are you for real here with the above??! Timboli to some degree helped this movement fail by making an alternative to what, you yourself, wrote time and time and time again GOG would not bring back and that all of us here were just wasting our time and raising our hopes up and etc etc? Seriously? An alternative is NOT a replacement because then browser downloader add-ons are an alternative, so is that 'optional' Galaxy.
Yes I am(but it might not be what you think....I will clarify below as best I can what I meant).

He subtly(and not so subtly) stated several times that I caused the movement to fail merely by me posting here.....I was trying to point out(a bit perturbed by what he had said about me, I admit) that he was(even if he's doing good and had good intentions) probably much more responsible for taking away most remaining incentive for GOG to bring the original GOG DLer back.

(Aside: Yes, if his program does what the old one did(or better) then it is a replacement for the old program[and it's functionality]...though whether or not everyone will like or be able to use it is still to be determined)

Flyingfluffypiglet: There is absolutely nothing stopping GOG, if they really wanted to, to bring back Gog Downloader, regardless of the existence of Timboli's program of another, like GOGRepo for that matter.
There is nothing stopping them from doing so, but what incentive do they have to bring it back if one of the biggest supporters of this cause is doing the work for them?

I suppose they could bring it back before he releases his program to garner some good PR....but I rather think they'll just let him do his thing to save themselves the effort and time to do so.

Flyingfluffypiglet: If you know you've got two customer bases: one that is only interested in offline installers and the other that will go for the whole nine yards with bells and whistles and more, you try to cater to both or force all on the same railroad. But hey, let's the former be extremely grateful to still have offline installers huh.
If the smaller group is negligible enough to ignore then sometimes a business will take the latter option more so than the former. It sucks and I hate it as well, but that's how it is sometimes(I wish it weren't, though).

Flyingfluffypiglet: As for abandoning this thread, well I'm not in Timboli's head or in the know about his schedule, but there perhaps more than valid reasons he hasn't been on this thread, besides helping to some degree helping this movement fail with his programming.
I get that he's busy, but he couldn't take 2 minutes every 3 days to post a bump to the threads with a vote count? Or maybe say thanks when I or someone else does it(instead of accusing me of everything under the sun no matter what I do, and putting the blame for it's failures on me and others so often)?

Flyingfluffypiglet: Hell you might as well take that same exact shot at me for that matter and anybody else you feel has abandoned, because I've barely been here in general lately, let alone on this thread to bump it.
Tim is a different story, I feel....he has so much passion for this thread and cause....so to see him not post in weeks and then slightly belittle my efforts to keep it afloat....well, you can likely see why someone would get a bit upset?

-------------------

Flyingfluffypiglet: IMHO, those were really nasty and cheap shots you took there, totally uncalled for.
I am curious....did you read what he's been saying about me the past few pages? If you could, go back and read post 754 by the OP and then post 755. Then read how many times I tried to point out his own behavior(towards me and others) while (as politely as possible, given what he said in some posts) asking him for an apology for his own jabs at me ITT.

So far(the last few pages I mean) in each reply he hasn't offered one apology or tried to work towards a civil resolution with me re: this thread...he just keeps blaming me for more things in each new reply and mis-framing me and my intent.

So understandably I have gotten somewhat upset, as I feel he is being disrespectful of myself and my feelings, blaming me unfairly and unjustly for things that aren't my fault, & not taking what I have said into consideration.
Post edited July 23, 2020 by GameRacer
low rated
Also I note that the trolls(NOT anyone posting here...I mean the ones hitting people's rep) are back low rating everything I say again AND also uprating everyone else.

Maybe the ones doing it could reply & voice their concerns with my posts, and stop hiding behind rep buttons & anonymity for a change....but likely that'll never happen....it's more likely I will grow flippers and become AquaPlatypus Man.

=====================================

Also once again:

Link to the "bring back the GOG DLer" wishlist entry
(For anyone who wants to let GOG know they disliked their decision to remove the GOG DLer)

Current Vote Count: 1657
high rated
My experience is that I've realised that I didn't appreciate the GOG Downloader enough! I was doing too much buying and not enough downloading. So when the Downloader was "retired", it woke me up that I needed to start catching up with my downloads. Due do an internet cap and over 600 games, it's taken me a number of months to finally catch up... and catch up I have.... assuming none of the downloads were corrupt as I downloaded them via browser as I'm not a fan of Galaxy.
low rated
agogfan: My experience is that I've realised that I didn't appreciate the GOG Downloader enough! I was doing too much buying and not enough downloading. So when the Downloader was "retired", it woke me up that I needed to start catching up with my downloads. Due do an internet cap and over 600 games, it's taken me a number of months to finally catch up... and catch up I have.... assuming none of the downloads were corrupt as I downloaded them via browser as I'm not a fan of Galaxy.
I hear ya....I used to buy a ton then cut back....but more because I was running low on space.

Also Timboli(user above) has actually made a DL checker for gog install files, which I believe is complete. Also he is working on a program to DL the installers and extras as well, and he lists his progress in the same thread I just linked(near the end of it).
low rated
Just bumping to post the wishlist link(which i'll try to do once per 3 days or so)
---------------------------

(For anyone who wants to let GOG know they disliked their decision to remove the GOG DLer)

Current Vote Count: 1660
------------------------------

Also to OP: If you could i'd suggest adding the above stuff above(between the line breaks) to the OP post, so if the wishlist link is hard for some to find they could check the OP post.
high rated
I would urge all who have posted in this forum with their opinions to keep doing so.

Letting gog know that a decision they have taken has had a negative effect on their consumer base is very important for those affected and for gog itself.

It is the first step in addressing an issue which effects many.

Whilst it does not go away, it will be a thorn in the side of the decision to drop the downloader.

For those that have take the time to create an additional option, offsetting the removal by gog of an extremely useful tool, you are commended by many. Please do not be put off posting here.

I would also like to express a separate personal opinion- please think strongly before engaging Gamerager/Gameracer in discussion and preferably ignore.
Post edited July 25, 2020 by lazydog
low rated

Current Vote Count: 1666
======================================
lazydog: For those that have take the time to create an additional option, offsetting the removal by gog of an extremely useful tool, you are commended by many. Please do not be put off posting here.
While he is to be commended for making something to help people out, I think he also needs to treat others as he wants to be treated.

For example: I recently apologized several times to him while trying to point out and maybe get him to apologize for his own bad behavior ITT.

I have also tried offering an olive branch by bumping the thread with vote counts and wishlist links, yet he threw it back in my face in most of his recent replies back to me(accusing me of "agendas" and calling some of my posts "drivel", for example).

(And I honestly do care about the cause of this thread.....if I didn't I likely wouldn't bother posting and let the thread slide off of page 1, and wouldn't bother sending interested parties to Tim's DLer thread)
-----------------------------

(Aside: I honestly meant what I said earlier ITT and it came from a good place....Tim seems to be going down the path once followed by Rwarehall.....i.e. the praise and such the app he's working on seems to be fueling his ego, and affecting the way he replies to others, and some seem to be giving him a free pass[possibly due to that app he's making?] for his bad words and actions....and it somewhat saddens me to see it....so I pointed it out.

I brought that up mostly because I hate to see some go that route...especially those who seem to care about the site and forums to some degree)
======================================

Post edited July 25, 2020 by GameRacer
high rated
I continue to urge all who wish to post, for or against this decision, to keep doing so and keep to the topic at hand.

It is vitally important that this thread remains alive in order for gog to recognise an important issue.

Again I would urge future posters to strongly consider completely ignoring any posts that attempt to derail this method, especially posts that seek to attack other posters, rather than ideas.
Post edited July 25, 2020 by lazydog
low rated

Again I would urge future posters to strongly consider completely ignoring any posts that attempt to derail this method, especially posts that seek to attack other posters, rather than ideas.
I agree 100% that the topic should stay on the matter at hand for the most part(I just am a bit OCD about calling out & criticizing bad behavior and words of others).

As such, after this I will be keeping to posting replies to questions people have(about GOG DLer, and etc) and vote links/counts for the most part.

(Also a serious question: does your advice include the posts where Timboli and some others have seemingly or actually tried to mis-frame the intent/words of[or shift blame onto] me and others ITT? Because if so then I am onboard with it)

===================================================

Also for the users who read the thread, a laugh:
(partially at my own expense) Also the recent thread posts in the form of a music video: ===================================================

And one final wishlist link bump
(before I go off for another few days)

Post edited July 26, 2020 by GameRacer
high rated
It would seem that Gamerager/Gameracer is intent on derailing this thread.

Not only with the usual drivel but now with drivel links.

Reported.