It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exoanthrope: All five forums still have spam trickling in, [...]
Yeah, I noticed after I posted that. (Why did I have to reopen those tabs to check "one more time" before bed? [shakes head wearily])

I also noticed they seem to be going after the Might and Magic forum much less aggressively than the others. Due to perceived lesser popularity, one would imagine.

Pangaea666: [...] It's bandaid on a broken leg. [...]
Are you saying that that's ineffective? =D
Post edited February 02, 2015 by HunchBluntley
Thanks for the heads up. I've gone on a reporting spree.
high rated
Maxvorstadt: I marked 3 complete pages in TW 2 forum as spam and my trigger finger hurts. I hope that the spammers won`t come back today.
toxicTom: +1 for you.
Bookwyrm627: Well, I gave a free +1 to every post on (my) page 62 of this thread. A mis-click showed me that the script will downvote every post on the active page.
toxicTom: Really? That was entirely unintended. Got to give it some thought as soon as I have time. Off to bed now.
Adding .eq(0) to the selector will target only the first post on the page:

Modified bookmarklet

Thanks for the script, by the way! Rep for everyone.
I'm at work right now with a ton of things to do since I've been sick for the last couple of weeks - so no help from me today.
fictrix: Adding .eq(0) to the selector will target only the first post on the page:

Modified bookmarklet

Thanks for the script, by the way! Rep for everyone.
Thanks for the fix.
Post edited February 02, 2015 by toxicTom
A lot of new spam threads keeps popping on Might and Magic subforum on moment of writing this.
bam_war spam still active there...
I tried reporting the Baldur's Gate forum spam, but there's just too much and I can't keep up with the rate of new ones that pop up every few minutes or so.
haydenaurion: I tried reporting the Baldur's Gate forum spam, but there's just too much and I can't keep up with the rate of new ones that pop up every few minutes or so.
2/3 new topics per minute per forum, in fact...

EDIT: They are slowing down, It's under 1 post per minute per post right now.
Post edited February 02, 2015 by Tannath
it should be possible to delete those posts quite easily.. most of URLs include "bam" & "war" strings, rest we can do manually...
Post edited February 02, 2015 by cyboff
Fallout subforum has been hit too, i'm doing my best with the reporting, help would be welcome.
Working on the Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights subforums here -- gone through around 13 pages so far
Flagged about 16 pages in various subforums in my lunch break - quite relaxing *g*, have to get back to work now.
As I didn't see it in the community wishlist, I've added a wish for one of the most needed features in this site:

[url=]http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/do_something_about_the_spambots_in_subforums[/url]

Thanks for your vote ;)
Helped to bing the Fallout forum back to 0 and the Might & Magic forum back to page 1. Unfortunately the bots are currently targeting that forum again.

Some possible solutions:
- max the number of newly created accounts by 1 or 2 per IP.
- max the number of posts per x amount of time

Lunch break is over, so I can't help any further.
Post edited February 02, 2015 by HertogJan
Aturuxo: As I didn't see it in the community wishlist, I've added a wish for one of the most needed features in this site:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/do_something_about_the_spambots_in_subforums

Thanks for your vote ;)
Link broken, but voted anyway :-)

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/do_something_about_the_spambots_in_subforums