It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Might and Magic is clean.
It now user exjjp5201.

Edit: ninja'd by 227 :-)
Post edited January 29, 2015 by toxicTom
toxicTom: Okay, the following makes it a lot quicker to mark the threads:
Create a bookmarklet, i.e. MarkAsSpam
Instead of an URL enter the following:

javascript:$('.r_t_p_no_EN').show().click(); $('#markSpam_1').click();

Open each spam thread (i.e. ctrl-click) and then go through the tabs hitting the bookmarklet each time.

Tested in Chrome.
Quoting this for the new page because it makes this much, much faster. Thanks for this.
I can't keep doing this all day. Eventually, I have to get back to work.

Do something, GOG!
P1na: Do something, GOG!
There's something else we can do. We can ignore it. and all send complaints to GoG to do something about it. If they are being lazy because they believe the users will deal with the problem for free then it's very lazy and needs attention. I'm willing to deal with it, but i can't do anything with any type of efficiency unless i have access to SQL and the databases related to the forums. IF there's 1000 spam threads, they will have to decide on something.

So with this, i'm not doing any more. I recommend no one else either. If we have to live with 10 pages of spam before GoG gets their butt in gear, then that's just what we'll have to live with, a few weeks without the forums.

Yeah it breaks my heart... but working for free for something so simple to fix if we're allowed to is just a waste of time and energy. I'll donate my energy when it's efficient.
rtcvb32: There's something else we can do. We can ignore it. and all send complaints to GoG to do something about it. If they are being lazy because they believe the users will deal with the problem for free then it's very lazy and needs attention. I'm willing to deal with it, but i can't do anything with any type of efficiency unless i have access to SQL and the databases related to the forums. IF there's 1000 spam threads, they will have to decide on something.

So with this, i'm not doing any more. I recommend no one else either. If we have to live with 10 pages of spam before GoG gets their butt in gear, then that's just what we'll have to live with, a few weeks without the forums.

Yeah it breaks my heart... but working for free for something so simple to fix if we're allowed to is just a waste of time and energy. I'll donate my energy when it's efficient.
I propose we go to the door of their office with banners and the like, asking for a spam solution (that doesn't take away legitimate threads). Who's with me?
P1na: Do something, GOG!
rtcvb32: There's something else we can do. We can ignore it. and all send complaints to GoG to do something about it. If they are being lazy because they believe the users will deal with the problem for free then it's very lazy and needs attention. I'm willing to deal with it, but i can't do anything with any type of efficiency unless i have access to SQL and the databases related to the forums. IF there's 1000 spam threads, they will have to decide on something.

I have messaged Customer Service of this before.. actually about a year ago. Their response was that if they have had a valid account then their is nothing they can do and sorry for the inconvenience.. this was when they were spamming game reviews though.. Like you said the best thing to do is leave it alone and most likely all the misc account holders will complain and they will get rid of it...
hellmonster67: I have messaged Customer Service of this before.. actually about a year ago. Their response was that if they have had a valid account then their is nothing they can do and sorry for the inconvenience..
Spam accounts are unlikely to hold any games they couldn't get for free, so using the ToS they should be able to ban the account. If they own games then it becomes something of an issue as they paid money. But the accounts are all new, 0 rep. They don't have anything worth protecting.

I've messaged them the following. Feel free to copy/paste.

---

In the last two days we've been hit with a constant barage of spam that's in korean. It's obviously spam, empty first messages or duplicated messages that spam 100 times in the first message.

Me and probably a dozen others have been watching the fourms, including the gereral, Withcer 2, and Might & Magic threads, marking them as spam as appropriate.

However this isn't enough. We can't work for free forever, and we can't compete with a machine who tirelessly creates 10 threads a minute on 6 different subthreads holding junk referring to sites we don't care about.

A solution needs to be had. Either limiting new accounts to slower thread creation, marking new topics in bulk and spam, or hiring a few extra people to watch the threads and lock/block/ban accounts that are spamming, as well as removing remnants of them quickly.
Just to followup, I got a reply from support stating that they're aware of the problem and are currently "working on fixing it." There were no details pertaining to what exactly said fix would entail, but it's nevertheless a heartening sign two days into the great spam war of 2015.

EDIT: There's a spam thread in Discussions Générales that needs a few more flags.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by 227
227: Just to followup, I got a reply from support stating that they're aware of the problem and are currently "working on fixing it." There were no details pertaining to what exactly said fix would entail, but it's nevertheless a heartening sign two days into the great spam war of 2015.
If they said "soon", we're doomed XD
phaolo: If they said "soon", we're doomed XD
No kidding; I remember when the original plan was to launch Galaxy in August 2014 with Divinity: Original Sin. Fortunately, the word "soon" didn't appear in the message from support. "Currently" is a bit more encouraging.

But you know. Still might be worth tempering expectations and whatnot.

EDIT to report spammers tlajsl7, baby1448Sam, and istra1449Sara. The latter two are currently in the Witcher 2 subforum.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by 227
toxicTom: javascript:$('.r_t_p_no_EN').show().click(); $('#markSpam_1').click();
Good job with this one and +1, but unfortunately, doesn't work with Firefox. :( Going through TW2 manually.

EDIT #1:
227: EDIT to report spammers tlajsl7, baby1448Sam, and istra1449Sara. The latter two are currently in the Witcher 2 subforum.
Add gracie1450Sarah, keysha1454Sophia, lovely1455Sofia, alessandra1456 and josephine1459Suzy there as well.

EDIT #2, #3, #4, #5 etc.: The names are interesting.
cristopher1461S
vice1462Suzanna
ruby1463Susanna
jinky1464Tammy
mark1465Tracey
hazel1466Tracy
pinky1467Teresa
cecil1468Vanessa
nice1469Victoria
golden1470Vicky
neris1471Vicki
gesel1472Zoe
genica1473Mandy
farel1474Angie
junjun1478Ariel

Interesting. They keep posting from the same account till I mention them here. Four threads made by 1474, but after I posted this account here, they went to 1478.
Going to take a break from posting them all here.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by helpo1
helpo1: Interesting. They keep posting from the same account till I mention them here. Four threads made by 1474, but after I posted this account here, they went to 1478.
Going to take a break from posting them all here.
Interesting pattern of names too... makes it easy to tell how many they are making, as well as the names seem to be from a simple set of adult names with only the middle number being the relevant value.

Seriously, spamming us with Korean doesn't do anything except take up space as i'm sure no one here speaks or reads korean, making spam useless except as a temporary deterrent and we should all take a shower and come back in a few hours refreshed after having coco.

Even if we keep up on them, we eventually need rest, while they probably only have 1-2 people and machines that don't need to rest.

As with my previous posting, i'd recommend just letting them build up for a while and see if GoG reaches out to it's users for help or if they add some type of limits to will bring obvious bots to a crawl... Even something as simple as having a 5+ rep in order to post new topics, or a limit of 1 topic a minute and 5 topics an hour. (I can't think of any person who could/would need more than that, i've never made more than 3 in an hour that i can recall).

The patterns of the topics that i helped with yesterday held common themes, specifically <snip>; enough so that the URL's have to drop non-ascii characters and it quickly drops to the site name plus a number as an iteration, which is a little annoying when you look at it and it's over 50...

edit: Removed name of site... don't need to encourage them
Post edited January 30, 2015 by rtcvb32
Whoa. I've just missed a click and accidentally uprepped a spam thread. :D
Spammers in the TW2 forum, some were probably already listed:

richard1500Jordan Congrats ! You are our 1500th annoying robot account !
alvin1499Jess
janjan1497Jaden
isabela1496Glen
ramon1495Francis
gardo1494Erin
lady1493Drew
max1491Danny
julia1490Cory
alvin1487Cary
yasmin1486Cameron
dj1484Blair
joan1479Ashley