It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, its good to hear that GoG is working on the issues.

Count me in as another one who'd like to see some color return to the GoG icon and in other places. Right now it reminds of those games where the baddie stole all the color and you need to wield your magic paintbrush or big blobby sponge to restore the world. ;)
high rated
BillyMaysFan59: I see your point there. But still, that thread about the Divinity Original Sin Status Update was stickied for a time, so why not this one.... just sayin' :P
Oh, by all means, GOG should sticky it - and fix the broken stickies, deal? :-)
Sufyan: The site not working well on 1024*x devices and being absolutely terrible to navigate on a touchscreen despite looking like it was made for one are my only problems. Please, if things are supposed to scroll and slide around, make them actually do that (don't use mouse over dependencies to show hidden buttons) and leave space to touch the screen without accidentally opening something.

I suppose this can not be fixed without rewriting a lot of stuff from the ground up so I'm not expecting anything to be done about it. Write it on a post-it and stick it somewhere it will be found when it is time for a re-write 5+ years from now!
oh my god. this.

so very much.

i am in 800x600 and the site is...not well optimised for that particular resolution at all.
I have a very hard time using the site with my tablet.
The top bar doesn't work properly with touch controls and it's all extremely slow compared to before.
Sufyan: The site not working well on 1024*x devices and being absolutely terrible to navigate on a touchscreen despite looking like it was made for one are my only problems. Please, if things are supposed to scroll and slide around, make them actually do that (don't use mouse over dependencies to show hidden buttons) and leave space to touch the screen without accidentally opening something.

I suppose this can not be fixed without rewriting a lot of stuff from the ground up so I'm not expecting anything to be done about it. Write it on a post-it and stick it somewhere it will be found when it is time for a re-write 5+ years from now!
lostwolfe: oh my god. this.

so very much.

i am in 800x600 and the site is...not well optimised for that particular resolution at all.
Are you talking about the new pages of the website or the old page? The new bits seem fine to me. Look it:
Attachments:
768.png (121 Kb)
768_2.png (160 Kb)
SalarShushan: Well, its good to hear that GoG is working on the issues.

Count me in as another one who'd like to see some color return to the GoG icon and in other places. Right now it reminds of those games where the baddie stole all the color and you need to wield your magic paintbrush or big blobby sponge to restore the world. ;)
wizball says hi ;)
ChrisSD: Are you talking about the new pages of the website or the old page? The new bits seem fine to me. Look it:
i'm talking about your first picture.

the front page is a bit of a mess.

while we're talking about the front page: it consistently crashes with a script warning for me. since the site redesign, i dread going to the main page because it just dies for about ten or so seconds while it can't finish loading the .js for gog.

seems miserably optimized or something. have tried with various browsers to different effect. chrome eventually wants to kill the page. ie sometimes just flatout refuses to load it. pale moon [a firefox variant] will load it with aforementioned script bomb.

not very pleasant at all.

EDIT: after some tests:

the news section was tripping my browser up. so i hid it with adblock plus. everything else works just fine, but that one section seems to slay my browser. i didn't look very deeply into what the script was doing. i was just simply trying to figure out where the issue was.

now, a request: could gog.com/news please not redirect to the main page. could it go to a list of recently published "news" stories, please? [this way, for people like me, where the breakage is occurring right there, they can simply bookmark .gog.com/news and go straight there without the script falling over.]
Post edited September 15, 2014 by lostwolfe
liquidsnakehpks: funny how , requests to change the ugly color of the site and logo has been ignored that being the concern and worry of most users since this change , i hope you don't think that users are going to get used to this ugly color if the demand to change for it is ignored...at least give us some other choices
Klumpen0815: It certainly seems this way.
Going from Chambs/Roberts response I see that they are totally disregarding the colour issue - even so far that they aren't even remotely taking in to account the possibility to colour the owned button in some other colour then grey :)
Post edited September 15, 2014 by Matruchus

lostwolfe: wizball says hi ;)
ChrisSD: Are you talking about the new pages of the website or the old page? The new bits seem fine to me. Look it:
lostwolfe: i'm talking about your first picture.

the front page is a bit of a mess.

while we're talking about the front page: it consistently crashes with a script warning for me. since the site redesign, i dread going to the main page because it just dies for about ten or so seconds while it can't finish loading the .js for gog.

seems miserably optimized or something. have tried with various browsers to different effect. chrome eventually wants to kill the page. ie sometimes just flatout refuses to load it. pale moon [a firefox variant] will load it with aforementioned script bomb.

not very pleasant at all.
I don't think it's a mess exactly and I do think it works well if your machine is powerful enough and has enough memory. However, I agree it can be slow, buggy and even broken on lower spec machines. I really hope GOG does optimise the front page, especially the javascript.
First of all – site still don’t look as it should on mobile. Some graphics are gone and some of them are not fully visible on a screen. I even posted screenshot from mobile Opera – nothing changed since then.

Also I’m waiting for responsive forums (and bigger fonts).
ChrisSD: I don't think it's a mess exactly and I do think it works well if your machine is powerful enough and has enough memory. However, I agree it can be slow, buggy and even broken on lower spec machines. I really hope GOG does optimise the front page, especially the javascript.
oh, good lord. haha. my machine was built about six months ago now. i dunno what monster you're running it on, but my monster just falls over whenever the gog site loads up. it's the only site where i have this issue.
jaron11: Also I’m waiting for responsive forums (and bigger fonts).
a font resizer would be awesome. [so those who like the font size can keep it, but those of us who want to do font+ or font- can do so from - say - the upper right hand side of the gog page.]
Post edited September 15, 2014 by lostwolfe
HypersomniacLive: Please take a look at the first three screenshots I’ve attached, It goes without saying that I prefer my way from GOG’s way, and perhaps I'm not alone in this. ;-)
Not sure why your complete it is off, but you might as well as fix it:
div.module-buy__game-owned.ng-scope[ng-if="card.seriesOwnership.isPartiallyOwned"] {
padding-left: 5px;
padding-right: 5px;
}
Adjust as needed as mine looks normal without it.

lostwolfe: wizball says hi ;)
You called?
Chamb: -- Inability to change email / password from My Account section. We are working on this issue, it's one of our top priorities right now, and it should be ready within a month.
A month?!? Was it coded in obfuscated Prolog, and the guy who did it left the company? How can such an important issue, "one of your top priorities", take a month to fix? How badly could it be broken?
Gydion: Not sure why your complete it is off, but you might as well as fix it:

div.module-buy__game-owned.ng-scope[ng-if="card.seriesOwnership.isPartiallyOwned"] {
padding-left: 5px;
padding-right: 5px;
}
Gydion: Adjust as needed as mine looks normal without it.
It's off because I screwed it up (set to 3px). Cheers for the heads up and the help. :-)
Will the Gog Wallet include gog cards you can buy at Best Buy, or will this just apply to already existing payment methods?