It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Free when you own the base game and its two expansion packs!

You've asked and we listened: starting today, courtesy of CD Projekt RED, everyone who owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and both its expansions on GOG.com will automatically get <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span> added to their library. So, no need to keep casting Axii on us - the upgrade is here! And don't worry, the GOTY Edition will not replace the others but will be added as a separate product (this process might take up to a couple of days - please be patient) .

Why are we doing this? Because we can (and because we are always thinking of ways to make your life a bit easier)! For those of you who use GOG Galaxy, your experience will be as simple as it was - you can install The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with expansions and owned DLC with a single click and update it automatically. And if you don’t use GOG Galaxy yet, you will now have a choice between downloading the game and its expansions separately or as a single comprehensive package directly from the website.

If you've played the base game and are looking for a chance to expand on your The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt experience, then we have some awesome news for you as well! For the next 72 hours, you can head <span class="bold">here</span> to take advantage of our special offer: -35% on the expansion packs you're missing to complete your GOTY package. Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine offer new epic adventures with additional locations to visit, characters to meet, and hard choices to tackle. And of course, the moment you purchase your missing expansion(s), the GOTY Edition will materialize in your library along with them!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt along with Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine have already amassed more than 800 awards and have gained their rightful place among the most celebrated games of all time. Now it's time to give them a place in your library, in the form of the <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>!

Note: Currently, there is no time limit to the free upgrade and it's available to all users. You will be notified by email when the GOTY Edition gets added to your account, but for those already eligible this process may take up to a couple of days so please be patient.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited November 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
Oh wow, I didn't see the upgrade until now :P

I got the Enhanced Trilogy now, thanks to you and the people who requested it.

Kudos to all and especially to Gog and its staff for this.

Happy monster hunting !
Unfortunately I don`t see it as much of a reward for upgrading due to the cost involved.. I sat out several steam sales where i could get The witcher 3/goty/season pass etc cheaper than on GOG including the recent steam GOTY for £20 ..

Looking at the difference in cost between the new goty, the old game and the season pass i would have hoped for a better deal than a £15 upgrade fee on GOG .. I tend to think more of steam selling at slightly too high prices for me to buy rather tha my old faves on gog :(
telemetrik: If you have TW3 baseline (from any source) and 2 DLCs in your GOG library, don't worry - you'll get your copy.
Thanks for the confirmation, really glad to see The Witcher 3 GOTY as Owned now. :)

CD Projekt RED deserves all the support and accolades for this masterpiece, a game truly worthy of the "Game of the Year" subtitle. Thank you very much to everyone at CD Projekt RED for making the game and to GOG for providing the GOTY edition upgrade.
Awesome! previously i wrote to the dev and ask to be converted from base+expansion pass to GOTY so it could be neater. they politely turn down my request.

But, as usual, being one of the best dev they listen to their fan and gave out this GOTY version!

CD PROJEKT RED...you just gain additional fan here! i will definitely support your upcoming game and this is my pledge.

thanks!!
TaipanUk: Unfortunately I don`t see it as much of a reward for upgrading due to the cost involved.. I sat out several steam sales where i could get The witcher 3/goty/season pass etc cheaper than on GOG including the recent steam GOTY for £20 ..

Looking at the difference in cost between the new goty, the old game and the season pass i would have hoped for a better deal than a £15 upgrade fee on GOG .. I tend to think more of steam selling at slightly too high prices for me to buy rather tha my old faves on gog :(
I agree with you 100%... they compounded the problem by only giving the extra discount for 72hrs. I was waiting to see if there was anything that caught my eye during the sale if it didn't I was going to get the two expansions and upgrade but based on the sale being pretty lack luster so far GOG run the risk of this being the first sale I haven't spend a penny on.
Thanks CDPR this is great news and very much appreciated.
altru: GOTY version have 1 installation file (main game and 2 dlc) so its easy to install, save are compatible you don't need start again, they give you this version because they are some problems with mods who not work proper if you have main game and 2 dlc's but not GOTY version
Sirkrozz: ...but in order to play it I should delete the previous version, right? 'twould be pointless to have both versions installed.

I want to check if there are technical improvements since everything is on the same package and surely there must have been some extra adjustments and probably new items?, but I cannot afford to download 30+GB right now, that's why I asked.
In which folders are the savefiles? Does anybody know?
Bro its simple when you delete old version, game ask you you want delete save games too, so just say you don't want and when you install GOTY version save will be there in game .Change are some little cosmetics in menu because GOTYis 99,99 % same as normal game and 2 dlc (no new items, etc. because it will be unfair don't you think)
masayersuk: I agree with you 100%... they compounded the problem by only giving the extra discount for 72hrs.
Worst than the limited time, it seems some people received notification of the offer by email, others like me didn't and missed the opportunity. Now, limited discount is gone.
There's not a big difference between 25% and 35%, so I bought them anyway, but what is the point to subscribe to all the newsletters if they are not send to everyone ?
Post edited December 04, 2016 by Pherus
Damn, gog at it again spoiling us rotten! xD Thanks gog!
Dang, missed it by a day. What a pity! As I preordered Witcher 3 I always wanted to get the Expansion Pass, but thought it should be at least a bit more than just $5 cheaper than the GOTY edition.

Now I missed the 35% off for Blood and Wine and the other one.. because I always check on the Expansion pass and not both items separately :(
Wow, only 72 hours to complete the DLC collection? Wish I had known that... I feel like I am trying to complete a Bethesda game collection or something.
Witcher 3 GOTY : THANK YOU!!!
Many thank's gog.
Hello,
Nice to get the GOTY version when I already own the base game and all DLC.
But, the little thing annoying, is that none of my success are presents on the GOTY, and my play time isn't there too...

Is it possible to transfer all the stats from the not GOTY game ?