It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Free when you own the base game and its two expansion packs!

You've asked and we listened: starting today, courtesy of CD Projekt RED, everyone who owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and both its expansions on GOG.com will automatically get <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span> added to their library. So, no need to keep casting Axii on us - the upgrade is here! And don't worry, the GOTY Edition will not replace the others but will be added as a separate product (this process might take up to a couple of days - please be patient) .

Why are we doing this? Because we can (and because we are always thinking of ways to make your life a bit easier)! For those of you who use GOG Galaxy, your experience will be as simple as it was - you can install The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with expansions and owned DLC with a single click and update it automatically. And if you don’t use GOG Galaxy yet, you will now have a choice between downloading the game and its expansions separately or as a single comprehensive package directly from the website.

If you've played the base game and are looking for a chance to expand on your The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt experience, then we have some awesome news for you as well! For the next 72 hours, you can head <span class="bold">here</span> to take advantage of our special offer: -35% on the expansion packs you're missing to complete your GOTY package. Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine offer new epic adventures with additional locations to visit, characters to meet, and hard choices to tackle. And of course, the moment you purchase your missing expansion(s), the GOTY Edition will materialize in your library along with them!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt along with Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine have already amassed more than 800 awards and have gained their rightful place among the most celebrated games of all time. Now it's time to give them a place in your library, in the form of the <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>!

Note: Currently, there is no time limit to the free upgrade and it's available to all users. You will be notified by email when the GOTY Edition gets added to your account, but for those already eligible this process may take up to a couple of days so please be patient.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited November 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
Bri.li.iant!

Thank you very much, GOG, can´t wait for the email :)
Thank ye kindly.
SeduceMePlz: All right, CDPR: You are redeemed in my eyes. Thank you. :)
Redeemed from WHAT?
Hey staff: First, thank you very much for doing that.
Second: I had pre-ordered the physical CE of The Witcher 3. When I first got it I redeemed it on here but the games page did and still does show me the price on the store page for the game instead of "owned". I did not bother with that much until now, since everything worked. But now I don't want to miss out on the GOTY and wanted to give you a heads up.
Again, thank you very much for doing that.
Absolutely awesome!
'nuff said.
:)
Taro94: I have an important issue.

Even though I own The Witcher 3, the shop acts as if I didn't. I mean, expansion packs (as well as previous witcher games) are marked as "owned", whereas the base game is not greyed out, as if I didn't own it, with its price showing instead of "owned".

This wasn't an issue up till now, because the game is present in my library. However, I don't know how GOG determines who is eligible for the GOTY upgrade, so I'd like to make sure I get included in spite of this apparent bug according to which I don't own the base game.
I have the exact same problem, and i have sent 2 tickets since i bought the game and my issue is still not solved ... they don't even bother to give me an answer regards this ... and now the sad part of this is that i can't get the GOTY version ... they need to fix this as i payed the exact same money as everybody else.
And i want to make it clear that i have all of the expansions and the base game bought from retail, there is no nVidia issue here because i don't own n nVidia card or used a nVidia code, so if your site isn't seeing my game on your store this is your issue in the backend of the site and you need to solve this gog.
Post edited November 30, 2016 by lixicus
Thx CD Projekt.
Taro94: I have an important issue.

Even though I own The Witcher 3, the shop acts as if I didn't. I mean, expansion packs (as well as previous witcher games) are marked as "owned", whereas the base game is not greyed out, as if I didn't own it, with its price showing instead of "owned".

This wasn't an issue up till now, because the game is present in my library. However, I don't know how GOG determines who is eligible for the GOTY upgrade, so I'd like to make sure I get included in spite of this apparent bug according to which I don't own the base game.
lixicus: I have the exact same problem, and i have sent 2 tickets since i bought the game and my issue is still not solved ... they don't even bother to give me an answer regards this ... and now the sad part of this is that i can't get the GOTY version ... they need to fix this as i payed the exact same money as everybody else.
I have the exact same problem :-(
Sorry CDPR, but you fail to address what people are complaining about. GOTY edition costs £34.99, while the base game+expansions (given current 35% discount in their price) cost £40,57. And GOTY edition was already 40% off on one of the sales, while the expansions were not. So you're still ripping off your early supporters. Lesson learned for me - the next time you release a game I will patiently wait until it gets a GOTY edition.
HypersomniacLive: Good news™!

Because those of us that got the base game through the nVidia promo, or retail, don't get the discount for the expansions unless we repurchase the base game - yes, I just tested it on the checkout page. No reason to repurchase it, plus doing it, sinks the total discount from 35% to 17%.

And I'm not clear if those now owning only the base game will be eligible for the addition of the GOTY edition only if they purchase the expansions during this 72hrs promo, or even if at a later point.
That is not good, I would appreciate some clarification regarding this from one of the blues. Currently the base game does not show up as owned for me. Can I purchase just the expansion pass at 35% off and if I do, will the GOTY edition be added to my account?
Thank you GOG and thank you CDPR. You restored my faith in you and in the community wishlist. They way you did it is truly awesome and I love you for this. :)
Is the current discounted price €18.48 (11.99 + 6.49) the best deal for both expansions so far?
Post edited November 30, 2016 by Grabberz
killy9999: Sorry CDPR, but you fail to address what people are complaining about. GOTY edition costs £34.99, while the base game+expansions (given current 35% discount in their price) cost £40,57. And GOTY edition was already 40% off on one of the sales, while the expansions were not. So you're still ripping off your early supporters. Lesson learned for me - the next time you release a game I will patiently wait until it gets a GOTY edition.
Isn't this opportunity meant for those that already owns all the content, in which case they'll get the more convenient installer which includes everything? It's also for those that already owns the base game, and would like to get the DLCs with reduced price, so they would be able to get the GOTY edition that way, again for conveniece. I don't think it's meant to be cheaper to buy the whole deal cheaper than the current GOTY version. It's rather to get the missing DLC cheaper than to buy GOTY version seperately.

Overall if you want the whole package cheaper than buying everything seperately, I strongly encourage waiting GOTY/Complete/Definitive versions for every single game that will be getting DLC content. It will always be cheaper than getting everything seperately when they appear, at least I can't think any title that did it any different, though, it wouldn't be the first time my memory fails me so I may stand corrected rather soon.

Or did you mean that you'll pay more for the DLC content than buying the GOTY version at reduced price from last sale? If that's the case, then I misunderstood your comment and I do apologise.
acute71: I redeemed The Witcher 3 via a key. So according to GOG I do own the game, but I don't own the game (aka it is in my library and if I add it to my cart it says I already own The Witcher 3 - but it shows as not owned on the site.

Unfortunately I cannot add the 2 addons to complete the game with a 35% discount, although I received a mail I could :(

Time to open a ticket with support.
mxmissile: Same story here, please post back if you resolve it.
chiming in with my .02: got key as a freebie with GTX 970. Please let us know how you make out. Oddly, I added the DLC to my game but it shows the base as unowned.
Holy crap, you did listen!

Well played GOG.
Edit: I guess there will be a delay for some users? I don't see it in my library yet.
Post edited November 30, 2016 by ReynardFox