It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patch 4.03 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt containing various gameplay and quest fixes is now available on GOG! Below, you'll find most of the most notable changes. You can also click HERE to see the full list.

Fixed an issue where a grid of light spots could appear on the ground and walls in certain weather conditions with Ray Tracing enabled.

Spider webs will no longer change color when moving the camera with Ray Tracing enabled.

Fixed an issue where some textures on characters during cutscenes would appear as not fully rendered.

Through Time and Space - Fixed an issue where the mist in the Poisoned Valley was pink instead of white.

Added the community-made mod Next Gen Script Fixes by Sergeanur.

In the Eternal Fire's Shadow - The ambient music from the quest will no longer continue playing after completion. For players who have already experienced this issue, it may be necessary to enter the Novigrad or Oxenfurt sewers again to resolve it.

Added an option to auto-apply oils in combat.

With the exception of potions and decoctions, it's now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater.

Check the full list of changes HERE and enjoy the new patch – time to slay some monsters!
mqstout: What content is hidden behind the online activation scheme is completely irrelevant. That's something apologists like you always bring up and always miss.
EverNightX: It's a FREE update years after release. You paid $0 for it. You aren't entitled to it. Your are not owed it. Not sure why you don't get that. If it were me, I'd just pull the update.
Even pretending for a moment that your opinion there isn't up to debate, you're still okaying opening up a dangerous precedent that would eventually turn into devs/publishers releasing 80% of a game DRM-free and following it up 6 months later with the remaining 20% under DRM.

To say nothing of the very reasonable point by rjbuffchix that you're just not acknowledging that some people want their games to be 100% free of DRM on principle. Certainly that's not too much to ask on the store that has made its niche advertising itself as the home of DRM-free games, amirite?
Post edited May 12, 2023 by joppo
joppo: amirite?
No, I don't think so. But I don't care to continue going in circles about this. So continue all the impotent complaining if it makes you feel better I guess.

It has zero impact. It changes nothing. It's just annoying to look at.
Post edited May 12, 2023 by EverNightX
joppo: amirite?
EverNightX: No, I don't think so. But I don't care to continue going in circles about this. So continue all the impotent complaining if it makes you feel better I guess.

It has zero impact. It changes nothing. It's just annoying to look at.
So you don't think one can expect 100% DRM-free games from the store that not only has carved its niche due to DRM-freedom but also wouldn't survive if it were to abandon his last unique selling point... Well let's just agree to disagree about that, you and I obviously won't see eye to eye.

BTW I think you're forgetting that that abomination of DRM called Hitman2016 was pulled from the store because of some "impotent complaining" that "has zero impact" and "changes nothing". (Yes we heard all that during the weeks when Gog was pretending that the forums were not in an uproar over it.)
What is the merit of GOG, if it continues to support DRM? Steam has better selection and prices.

Seriously, things like these "rewards" set a precedent that may someday ensure that I stop buying GOG games.
joppo: BTW I think you're forgetting that that abomination of DRM called Hitman2016 was pulled from the store because of some "impotent complaining" that "has zero impact" and "changes nothing". (Yes we heard all that during the weeks when Gog was pretending that the forums were not in an uproar over it.)
Oh you removed the DRM? No? Oh you just can't get the game anymore? Wow, how amazing.

Sabin_Stargem: What is the merit of GOG, if it continues to support DRM?
Not much. But I just don't see this as being DRM. And it's on a product you likely already bought the GOTY edition for years ago.

If this was a new game, then you could just not buy it. But this is not that. It's just a free update. So it's just really overblown.
EverNightX: I just don't see this as being DRM.
The side bar of GOG's game pages state "DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play." Working with this implied definition, explain to me how the MyRewards content specifically is DRM-free.

Literally the only argument is that there is apparently an alternative way to access the content with a user workaround (which CDPR/GOG are certainly not going out of their way to encourage).

EverNightX: it's just really overblown.
Who made you the arbiter of whether it is or isn't "overblown"? Believe it or not, there were people who thought the outcry over Hitman 2016 release was overblown. Were they right? Why/why not?
rjbuffchix: The side bar of GOG's game pages state "DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play." Working with this implied definition, explain to me how the MyRewards content specifically is DRM-free.
Easy, you can play the game without the extra set of pants. Just like you have been able to do FOR YEARS. Bonus pants are not a game. They are a bonus. You are no worse than you were before the free update. You have the exact same game DRM free that you bought.

So you have 2 different things here. A massive content filled GOTY DRM free game. And you have a separate bonus that was created years after the fact to help encourage Galaxy use. These are 2 distinct things. These are not pants removed from the game. The game never had them. These are a separate bonus released years after the fact.
rjbuffchix: The side bar of GOG's game pages state "DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play." Working with this implied definition, explain to me how the MyRewards content specifically is DRM-free.
EverNightX: Easy, you can play the game without the extra set of pants. Just like you have been able to do FOR YEARS. Bonus pants are not a game. They are a bonus. You are no worse than you were before the free update. You have the exact same game DRM free that you bought.

So you have 2 different things here. A massive content filled GOTY DRM free game. And you have a Bonus with a handful of items. These are 2 distinct things. These are not pants removed from the game. The game never had them. These are a separate bonus released years after the fact.
You have 2 tap shoes and are using them to dance. While it is true I was discussing the entirety of the game earlier, in the comment you quoted here, I made it a point to narrow down the discussion and asked you to explain how "the MyRewards content specifically" is DRM-free.
rjbuffchix: While it is true I was discussing the entirety of the game earlier, in the comment you quoted here, I made it a point to narrow down the discussion and asked you to explain how "the MyRewards content specifically" is DRM-free.
My point is that the claim that the game is DRM free is true. And that the Bonus is a separate thing that was created apart from the game even though it can be used in game all these years later.

I care about the game being DRM free, but not meaningless galaxy bonuses added years later. Does the bonus have DRM? Yes. It's certainly DRM-like. But I don't think it's anything worth caring about. I'm not for or against the bonus. I think it's basically not worth anyone's time.
rjbuffchix: While it is true I was discussing the entirety of the game earlier, in the comment you quoted here, I made it a point to narrow down the discussion and asked you to explain how "the MyRewards content specifically" is DRM-free.
EverNightX: My point is that the claim that the game is DRM free is true. And that the Bonus is a separate thing that was created apart from the game even though it can be used in game all these years later.

I care about the game being DRM free, but not meaningless galaxy bonuses added years later. Does the bonus have DRM? Yes. It's certainly DRM-like. But I don't think it's anything worth caring about. I'm not for or against the bonus. I think it's basically not worth anyone's time.
Thank you (though this was like pulling teeth, lol). Obviously I disagree with your broader take on the game being DRMed/not, and don't see much point going further, though I would like to offer a couple clarifications.

1. Just to try and explain better, I am looking at it in terms of "all available/possible aspects of the game". It is true that at one time, the entirety of the content for the game was available offline. Now, there is new content created later but which is DRMed. Therefore, "the entirety of the content for The Witcher 3" is no longer available DRM-free, even though it was before in the game's earlier state.

2. "meaningless Galaxy bonus" is a contradiction. See also your earlier comment about how it's a "separate bonus...to help encourage Galaxy use". The contradiction is that if this content is so devoid of meaning, it would not be of any use as a bonus...who would go out of their way to claim something that is utterly meaningless? Therefore it clearly does have meaning to some extent. I appreciate that you think the bonus is not worth anyone's time but logically it has to be the case that CDPR/GOG do think the bonus is worth people's time, or otherwise they would realize it's not enough and that they need additional incentive to keep padding the ranks of their Galaxy numbers.
rjbuffchix: Thank you (though this was like pulling teeth, lol). Obviously I disagree with your broader take on the game being DRMed/not, and don't see much point going further, though I would like to offer a couple clarifications.
I love how some people really keep focusing on the wrong stuff.

I love how the same are all "Schrodinger's content" about it: it's somehow simultaneously irrelevant enough that it doesn't matter but is still valuable enough to be a "reward".

And doubly Schrodinger's content that somehow part of the game but not part of the game through some Olympic-tier mental gymnastics.

How they can't recognize "DRM free" has the word "free" in it, meaning devoid of, none. They continually twist, contort, spiral, make redefinitions and go in circles. (While accusing us of all that which they're doing, while we're very clear, steady, and consistent.
GOG.com: Spider webs will no longer change color when moving the camera with Ray Tracing enabled.

Check the full list of changes HERE and enjoy the new patch – time to slay some monsters!
Excellent! Thanks for fixing the purple spider webs - they were very distracting. Thanks also for sticking with fixing the Next Gen version - it's in a pretty good state now!
EverNightX: Easy, you can play the game without the extra set of pants. Just like you have been able to do FOR YEARS. Bonus pants are not a game. They are a bonus. You are no worse than you were before the free update. You have the exact same game DRM free that you bought.

So you have 2 different things here. A massive content filled GOTY DRM free game. And you have a separate bonus that was created years after the fact to help encourage Galaxy use. These are 2 distinct things. These are not pants removed from the game. The game never had them. These are a separate bonus released years after the fact.
I haven't bought the game yet. That means I can't buy a 100% DRM free game from a store that claims DRM free and won't until it's fixed. The idea that this is not DRM, no matter how minor, is ridiculous, as is the idea that it's different if you had bought it before the DRM. It's either DRM or it's not.
EverNightX: So you feel owed free additional bonus content for a game that already had its GOTY edition come out years ago? That's awfully entitled of you.
Actually yes, all GOG customers are indeed entitled to all "additional bonus content," in DRM-free form, for every supposedly DRM-free game that they bought on the supposedly exclusively DRM-free store that is GOG.

When purchasing GOG games, implicit in those transactions is the principle that all future free updates for those games will be accessible to GOG customers DRM-free, as part of what they paid for. But in Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, that is not so, even though it should be and it needs to be.

GOG is not living up to its main premise, nor its end of the bargain, by putting DRM into these games.

As for arguments like it's not a big deal deal because it's just pants, well actually, it is still a big deal, and that doesn't change even if it is just pants. No content on GOG games, and especially not CDPR games, should have any DRM, period.
mqstout: I love how the same are all "Schrodinger's content" about it: it's somehow simultaneously irrelevant enough that it doesn't matter but is still valuable enough to be a "reward".

And doubly Schrodinger's content that somehow part of the game but not part of the game
Great way of putting it!
plan99: I haven't bought the game yet. That means I can't buy a 100% DRM free game from a store that claims DRM free and won't until it's fixed. The idea that this is not DRM, no matter how minor, is ridiculous, as is the idea that it's different if you had bought it before the DRM. It's either DRM or it's not.
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that with this particular case of The Witcher 3, owners are able to download a "classic" version as a "bonus" in their library (no client required on this one) which presumably should be the old version of the game.

You would have to buy the "new and improved version," but it would give you access to the new plus the classic. Obviously classic would be missing whatever new Netflix inspired content, etc. that is in the new version. The classic version is located on the side of the webpage below the other bonuses such as soundtrack, comics, etc.

Of course this doesn't solve the fundamental issue that you are now missing new content and that you would be supporting a DRMed product the way it is in its current state, but it is possible at least at the time of me posting now to access the classic version.
Post edited May 12, 2023 by rjbuffchix