It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah was talking about my friend, sorry about confusion/my bad English I suppose :P
That should be interesting.
HypersomniacLive: ........ I'm actually a bit disappointed that so few bothered/ cared to take the time to read the drafts and comment on them.
Ebany: I only just discovered the post and, while knowing I'm too late for GoG to read my notes, have taken the time to read the PDF's to provide feedback.
It's actually not too late yet, we're gathering a second round of feedback until tomorrow :) so you can expect another set of answers from us (and possible changes to the planned policies that we'd announce should changes be made) sometime next week again ;)
Ciris: It's actually not too late yet, we're gathering a second round of feedback until tomorrow :) so you can expect another set of answers from us (and possible changes to the planned policies that we'd announce should changes be made) sometime next week again ;)
Could the deadline be extended to include the weekend? I sure could use a bit more time, given how busy these days are.
Ciris: It's actually not too late yet, we're gathering a second round of feedback until tomorrow :) so you can expect another set of answers from us (and possible changes to the planned policies that we'd announce should changes be made) sometime next week again ;)
HypersomniacLive: Could the deadline be extended to include the weekend? I sure could use a bit more time, given how busy these days are.
I'll do my best to get extra questions to the right people first thing on Monday ;)
Ciris: I'll do my best to get extra questions to the right people first thing on Monday ;)
Cheers. :-)
Ebany: I only just discovered the post and, while knowing I'm too late for GoG to read my notes, have taken the time to read the PDF's to provide feedback.
Great News! My work takes me to odd places at odd times for an odd length of days :)
Post edited December 19, 2014 by Ebany
Occasionally we may need to patch or update GOG
services or GOG content (for example to add or remove
features or to resolve software bugs). We need these rights
in order to keep GOG.com running efficiently.
Just for clarification regarding the "removal": this extends not only to the content that is sold in the store from that point forward, but also to the content in my account that I have already bought before?
It puzzles me how that is even legal.
"I sell you something, but I retain the right to take anything of it back without any compensation?"

I suppose there is no chance that GOG at least could commit itself to an "we will inform you at least x days before ....", in case sth has to be removed?
(b)
So (unless you have prior GOG permission) please don’t modify, merge, distribute, translate, reverse engineer,
decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works of GOG services or GOG content – unless you’re allowed in this Agreement or by the law in your country.
so no modding allowed? that would be disappointing

I also agree with the point that was raised earlier in this thread: I find these "please don't ..."-kind of sentences somewhat confusing in a legally binding contract. Is that supposed to be a rule or just a polite suggestion?
store credit:

i assume you refer to the amount of credits a user gets when/if he/she buys a game/video
that has regional pricing ?

sometime you see : you will get 1.60 eur(in my case and most of the european users i guess aswell)

to your account.

I assume that amount will expire after 1 year?

If so: thats alright with me....

Then i see questions about steam wallets, well this can be made as difficult as people want or as easy as pie.

I assume you want to transfer from a psc (paysafecard or any other prepaid cards/cheuqes)
or buy form of moneytransferring to a account so you can buy games/vids and the if you choose the deduct from store credit, that amount will be deducted from your GOG wallet.

Simple: Gamersgate uses BLC (blue coins) many people laugh about that m but it is very simple and works very good.

On GG you can earn/get BLC those BLC will expire after a year i thought i rread somewhere
However you can BUY BLC aswell those will never expire.

So things can be made as complicated or as simple as possible.

Even online (browser) games which uses accounts have a from of paying ingame using some form of payment
like: rubies, bloodstones, dark matter, mushrooms, gold coins, dublouns etc etc etc

These are bought using the default payments like prepaid cards like paysafe, skrill, wallets, master visa etc etc etc

Once a transaction has completed x number of ingame valuta will be added to the account.
These will als never expire.
While it is a game, you can sometimes earn/find premium values like dark matter, these are shown by:
lets make a example that you have 40K of darkmatter ( this is your cash, in the beginning you had to make money transactions, but lateron they introduced ingame 'cash" in form of game currency

Darkmatter
Available: 40.000
Bought: 40.000
Found: 0

If in the game you find or earn DM it will be found, let say you found 4K of DM
it would look like this:

Darkmatter
Available: 44.000
Bought: 40.000
Found: 4.000

I play some online games and i think this way of ingame currency (prepaid by making money transfers with all know prepaid cards and cheques and creditcards)
is very easy to use, plus you see what you have bought and /or found/earned.

Works like a dream ( providing the system had been developed well and has been seriously bugtested)
Post edited December 15, 2014 by gamesfreak64
GOG.com: Q: You asked about removing content.

A: There are actually two questions here: Would we remove GOG services, and would we remove GOG content.
Regarding GOG services - yes, we might add some features and remove others (for example, if they are not working properly or you guys don’t like them).
Regarding GOG content - we do all we can not to have that happen, but sometimes part of our content has to be removed due to license expiries (on music for example) on the developers’ or publishers’ end - therefore, we don’t know too far ahead of time until an element of content needs to be taken down, just like you.
Still, we'll be always trying to inform you in advance if we would have to remove something. And remember: thanks to all GOG content being DRM-free, you can always back things up on your HDD to avoid problems with availability!
Emphasis mine. This ends on a bit disturbing note. Some kind of further reassurance/clarification towards the owners of existing copies would be very good here. Especially, since the "you can always backup (or risk losing)" is most likely to be of import to the customers with larger collections of games they have yet to dust off. Part of the reason for using GOG is that once a purchase was made the customers seemed (reasonably) safe from removals due to contractual disputes...
gkoczyk: Part of the reason for using GOG is that once a purchase was made the customers seemed (reasonably) safe from removals due to contractual disputes...
Imperial Glory, Mac version. GOG had removed it from sale, probably because they didn't have proper rights from it. It was also removed from libraries, unless you had kept a local copy.
This did happen a couple of years ago, and I think there was another game where the Mac version was removed.

If you do have a local copy though, you are good to go, even if the copy may not be legal (depending on removal reasons).
I really appreciate the "Quick Summary" on the right. Not everybody can read legalese or wants to sit through it all, but those things are really important, so kudos to you for trying to help your customers! Something that, truly, every company should do.
Indeed, I fully support KoreaBeat's statement. Summary is very nice feature, making it easier to comprehend, plus, some points provide nice comic relief, which is unusual in your average whysoserious pokerface legal stuff.
Whoever designed that, deserves gratitude..
Once again, we’re back with some more replies to your comments - and once again we’d like to start off with a thank-you to all who participated, especially those who stuck around for round two and re-read the documents :)

AGE RESTRICTIONS: They differ in each country but are the same in the rules, are they legal?

Most times, when laws on a certain issue differ from country to country, national law overrides what a company said on the Internet (see: access regulations in China, for instance, that may limit user access at some point). Just to be sure, we’ve had lawyers from various countries look through our regulations - they made the calls that all’s well, including age limits.

THE GIFT LIMIT: “Up to a limit of 5 per day”: does this include giving, or also receiving gifts?

Like we said, our idea is to allow anyone to gift 5 copies of each game per day as a measure to stop resellers and other such evil-doers from buying a lot out to sell at a higher price. Fortunately for forum contest winners, that makes receiving gifts unlimited!

CONTENT REMOVAL:

--> Will we inform users before removing some content elements from games/movies?

We do our best to be transparent and always leave enough time for everyone to backup things on their HDD that might otherwise be lost and do our best to NOT have to remove content from shelves (see: Fallout); however, in some cases we might not have the luxury of being informed well in advance, and we may need to react quickly.

Still, this are extremely rare cases - but should they occur, we promise to fight hard to keep things on shelves (even if not in the store) or give you enough time to back everything up.

--> Do the removal rules extend only to content sold from the moment of agreement onwards or to all content?

Because we can’t know when we might get a copyright claim from someone and how true it may be, this covers all games, movies, goodies, and any future additions from the store. However, as explained above, we do our best to inform and allow users to purchase/download the games that are going to be gone before they're no longer in the store.

MODS: Are they not allowed?

Using official mod tools is of course okay, but reverse-engineering a game is not permitted legally unless you have the developer's or publisher's consent to do it. It may however vary on a case-by-case basis so please contact devs/publishers directly in case of doubts!

STORE CREDIT: When/if we add a store wallet or “in-game” currency, will it still expire after 1 year, or will it be separate from the Fair Price Package credit?

The store wallet (#6) is still something that’s in the works and not even being alpha-tested yet and we can’t present our final call on it as many things are out of our control (many issues surrounding such wallets are regulated by banks, officials, and laws). At the moment we’re not planning on adding an in-game or on-site currency as such. :)

---

Again, a huuuuuuge thank-you to everyone who participated! We did our best to address all questions and concerns, and now we’ll work on formatting the agreement and such.

As for these legal texts going live, our plan is to post the User Agreement & Privacy Policy on the site early next year. We’ll notify you by e-mail once we do.

Once they’re up, you’ll have 30 days to decide whether you’re okay with the changes or not, and after that time the new User Agreement and Privacy Policy will be in action as the default (with no further notices about it).
high rated
GOG.com: Like we said, our idea is to allow anyone to gift 5 copies of each game per day as a measure to stop resellers and other such evil-doers from buying a lot out to sell at a higher price. Fortunately for forum contest winners, that makes receiving gifts unlimited!
Oh yes, people buying your product at a price you offered it to them at and then selling it at a profit when and where they can.

That's just so evil.

You know who is going to be affected by this? Honest users. Everyone else is going to work around your limit nearly instantly (multiple accounts, multiple IPs..).

Why not just implement DRM already? You're actually adopting the mentality for it.

An arbitrary restriction which will only affect honest customers while the unwanted behaviour is merely inconvenienced at most is one of the core reasons DRM is stupid and this fits that bill.

Seriously GOG, you are losing your way. You are literally doing the exact same thing DRM does: fights an unwinnable battle where the only casualties are the innocents.