It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
So – Ubuntu 18.04 LTS got its official release this week. We're ready when you are, and here are the things you might want to know if you're thinking of upgrading.

Should you have any questions about all this, do reach out to our support team, or just poke our Linux team's linuxvangog right here on the forums.

The games
Our Linux team has been hard at work getting our catalog up and ready for you to upgrade. As of right now, over 90% of the Linux catalog has been confirmed or updated to work on Ubuntu 18.04 and the remaining games should follow in the near future. We've still some work ahead of us, but we anticipate no major issues in getting the entire Linux catalog ready for 18.04.

Support and compatibility
Starting today, all new Linux releases and updates will be officially supported on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. We won't be actively testing on 14.04 anymore, but games which already work on the older version will continue to function as always.

It's a good time to mention that alongside Ubuntu we also officially support all its flavors and derivatives like Xubuntu, Linux Mint, elementaryOS and others. That's good to know when it comes to our technical support and refund policy, and while checking out our recently updated Linux support pages.

About Ubuntu 18.04
There is a bunch of reasons to upgrade, from novelties to technical improvements.
18.04 introduces newer and far more efficient open source Mesa drivers used by AMD and Intel video cards – that means better performance and wider GPU compatibility assured by joint efforts from hardware vendors and the community.

Also: a change in default graphical interface from Unity to Gnome, a fresh look, and a newer, better Linux kernel. There's a lot more, so check out the release notes here.

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS will be officially supported by Canonical for 5 years, until April 2023.

Gaming on linux
One last thing – we've teamed up with GamingOnLinux for a celebratory round of Linux gaming goodness on Ubuntu 18.04! We've put together a selection of GamingOnLinux-Approved games which are great and should play great on your Linux machine. Finally, why not drop by GamingOnLinux today for a chance to score yourself a GOG.com freebie. :)
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Konrad
high rated
Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :) And happy upgrades to everyone!

EDIT: As long as they are related to new Ubuntu version support and Linux games, of course.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by linuxvangog
A tad sad to see them dropping the Unity DE now that it is working well. I think Canonical (the developer of Ubuntu) has done a lot for Linux on pc as compared to servers, routers, workstations and such.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Themken
linuxvangog: Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :) And happy upgrades to everyone!
You may want to specify that you will answer ubuntu/linux linked questions because we have other questions that need answers. :)
Post edited March 23, 2019 by user deleted
linuxvangog: Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :)
About... ?

Oh.
Sniskerbobberton: When will we get Linux versions of games that are on Steam but not here?
I.E. Dying light, Metro Redux etc.?
I'm afraid this is a question that should be directed to publishers of such titles.
Telika: About... ?

Oh.
About the topic, of course! :)
linuxvangog: Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :) And happy upgrades to everyone!
Will a lot of Linux games get updates now because of this? Not sure about Ubuntu, but for instance Debian has no libcrypto.so.1.0.0 / libssl.so.1.0.0 for a while already, which I suppose means recent Ubuntu will lose too. And some engines weirdly link against it (Gamemaker I think, and a few others).
Post edited April 27, 2018 by shmerl
One step closer to get Galaxy on the bandwagon. I salute y'all!!!
shmerl: Will a lot of Linux games get updates now because of this? Not sure about Ubuntu, but for instance Debian has no libcrypto.so.1.0.0 / libssl.so.1.0.0 for a while already, which I suppose means recent Ubuntu will lose too. And some engines weirdly link against it (Gamemaker I think, and a few others).
Not that many of them. We've updated our ScummVM titles already, for example. The libcrypto / libssl issue is one that we are aware of and will have to address one way or another. Starting with asking developers nicely for updated builds :)
linuxvangog: About the topic, of course! :)
GOG: Excuse me for one second.
GOG: Of course. Well, that was wonderful. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.
Forum: Yes. I should be- Good Lord! What is happening in there?
GOG: Aurora borealis.
Forum: Uh- Aurora borealis at this time of year at this time of day in this part of the country localized entirely within your kitchen?
GOG: Yes.
Forum: May I see it?
GOG: No.
Internet: GOG! The house is on fire!
GOG: No, Mother. It's just the northern lights.
Forum: Well, GOG, you are an odd fellow but I must say you steam a good ham.
linuxvangog: Starting with asking developers nicely for updated builds :)
Regarding updated builds, do you know what's going on with satirical The Bard's Tale? It had some major updates including for the Linux version, but they never made it to GOG. I tried pinging inXile about it, and they said they had "a few business-related reasons" for this delay. I hope it's not from GOG's side and you are normally trying to ping developers for updates, since it's probably not the only such case.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by shmerl
Any questions? Care to comment on the profiles-with-no-privacy debacle?
shmerl: Regarding updated builds, do you know what's going on with satirical The Bard's Tale? It had some major updates including for the Linux version, but they never made it to GOG. I tried pinging inXile about it, and they said they had "a few business-related reasons" for this delay. I hope it's not from GOG's side and you are normally trying to ping developers for updates, since it's probably not the only such case.
We're in touch with inXile is all I can say.
high rated
linuxvangog: Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :)
pandorasBox.open()
linuxvangog: EDIT: As long as they are related to new Ubuntu version support and Linux games, of course.
pandorasBox.close()

I have no questions, but would like to thank you for taking questions in the first place and being as open as possible about all Linux-related things (now and on other occasions).

If possible, please have the other public-facing GOG employees eat the same thing you're having for breakfast, and maybe we'll see an overall improvement in communication :).