It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Downloaded both of them again. I must admit that I am pretty concerned about micro transactions in PC games, but sadly something I am used to seeing in mobile games. let's hope this is not a direction Gog / CD Project Red goes down -

politely put "Buy Geralt a new hat ONLY £2.99" will get u a swift "Aard", followed by well aimed exploration of the right nostril, by which ever sword comes to hand quickest :)

Have fun, Ian
djdarko: or has someone anything against that a developer makes some money?
Developers should make money from new games or new content. Not from bastarding the old games.

You just lost a customer, so... enjoy your money.
djdarko: or has someone anything against that a developer makes some money?
yxomoron: Developers should make money from new games or new content. Not from bastarding the old games.

lol. I almost regret posting that quote. I keep feeling like people are talking to me out of context.

But yes, it was a ridiculous attempt at a quick cash-in on an old game.

If they want to do micro-transactions, they could just port the game to android and sell it for a $1, and load it with in-app purchases. The fact that Galaxy makes it so easy for developers to modify games in such a way is quite frightening.

"As we celebrate mediocrity all the boys upstairs want to see
How much you'll pay for what you used to get for free"
-Tom Petty, The Last DJ
yxomoron: Developers should make money from new games or new content. Not from bastarding the old games.

djdarko: lol. I almost regret posting that quote. I keep feeling like people are talking to me out of context.

But yes, it was a ridiculous attempt at a quick cash-in on an old game.

If they want to do micro-transactions, they could just port the game to android and sell it for a $1, and load it with in-app purchases. The fact that Galaxy makes it so easy for developers to modify games in such a way is quite frightening.

"As we celebrate mediocrity all the boys upstairs want to see
How much you'll pay for what you used to get for free"
-Tom Petty, The Last DJ
Well said.

And sorry for misquoting you in my previous post :)
Console commands are coming back in, new patch over the weekend

- http://steamcommunity.com/app/7520/discussions/0/2333276539596165497/?ctp=17#c2333276539598392908
GR00T: - Microtransactions can be undermined: seriously??? I think he meant to say: it's harder to soak money out of the player.
I thought the weirdest logic was in:

1. Some players like to spend money on microtransactions, even though we wouldn't, but who are we to deny them this pleasure if we get some more money out of it?
2. Cheat commands allow players to bypass paying us money for microtransactions.

So (2) is ruining the fun of all the people who supposedly like paying for microtransactions (1), or what? Or if that means everyone would bypass it, maybe they didn't really like to pay for them in the first place?
All of this would probably be really interesting if the game in question was any good to begin with. The first one was unplayable, and the second... I can't even quite put my finger on what's wrong with it, but I barely got anywhere in it before being just tired and bored. It's like the exact opposite of how Morrowind was somehow fun and drew me in despite being awkward and dated.
Wow. Just wow. And I'm out. Not another game shall I buy from them. They just beat EA. Wow.

To read the rest of this post, which is optional, please click here and deposit 50p
I'm an avid GOG-customer since 2011 and have purchased quite a lot of games but not posted in the forum.
Though concerning the Two Worlds 2 issue (I've bought it on GOG.com back in April 2013!) I want to make a statement: I'd consider it highly disappointing if the TW2 version in my library (after 4 years!) would be replaced by a version with micro-transactions and without the console. In SP games I use it for skipping buggy or frustratingly difficult sequences (or those where you have to fight against creepy spiders...) and consider it an a asset.
Leroux: I thought the weirdest logic was in:

1. Some players like to spend money on microtransactions, even though we wouldn't, but who are we to deny them this pleasure if we get some more money out of it?
2. Cheat commands allow players to bypass paying us money for microtransactions.

So (2) is ruining the fun of all the people who supposedly like paying for microtransactions (1), or what? Or if that means everyone would bypass it, maybe they didn't really like to pay for them in the first place?
Indeed, I thought that statement about how they wouldn't pay for microtransactions kind of funny as well.

Breja: All of this would probably be really interesting if the game in question was any good to begin with. The first one was unplayable, and the second... I can't even quite put my finger on what's wrong with it, but I barely got anywhere in it before being just tired and bored. It's like the exact opposite of how Morrowind was somehow fun and drew me in despite being awkward and dated.
You know, I'd read so many bad things about the game (the first one) and avoided it because of the horrid DRM, but when it showed up here, I bought it on sale on a whim. I never finished it, but I had a pretty good time playing it, actually, and put a lot of hours into it (probably 40+). I've not played the second one yet, but I'll certainly give it a whirl.

Morrowind? I have to start this one again. I modded it heavily and had my character to level 41 or so, then one of the mods caused issues with the game and I couldn't enter an area that was required to move the main quest along. Didn't have the ambition to start over at that point. But, yes, even though it's awkward and dated, there's something about it that draws you in.
amok: Console commands are coming back in, new patch over the weekend
Their reputation is never going back though.
yxomoron: Their reputation is never going back though.
Agreed. I had never heard of this game, or the Topware company, before I read about their scam of removing console commands so that they can charge microtransactions fees to perform console functions.

Now my permanent impression of Topware is that they are a shady company who is not to be trusted and with who I must never transact business.
amok: Console commands are coming back in, new patch over the weekend ...
So what will become of the microtransactions?
Trilarion: So what will become of the microtransactions?
They're still in the Steam build... No one knows whats going on with the GOG build atm.
Trilarion: So what will become of the microtransactions?
Sent Topware some questions, seems like in light of recent events we are keeping dev console. And there are no MTs here, at least according to the email.

By all means be cautious, but that's the info I got just now via email.
Post edited June 18, 2017 by tammerwhisk