It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tallima: Clisair recommends adjusting compatibility to XP SP3
Goodaltgamer: LOL, I used XP2 and no problem anymore, and thanks forgotten to mention.
I just booted you from the server. Maybe you couldn't get on b/c it thought you were already on. Hopefully it works now.
Tallima: You create your character once you're in the game. Right now, you're connected to the server. I don't know what you see, but you've been connected to the server for quite a while. It should be at the point where you create your character. If it's not there, then something bad is going on.
No, I assumed, I will be presented by a preconfigured character ;) And I am just creating it
Yes, thank you arrrrrrgh

I was just doing the character!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Post edited October 15, 2016 by Goodaltgamer
Tallima: You create your character once you're in the game. Right now, you're connected to the server. I don't know what you see, but you've been connected to the server for quite a while. It should be at the point where you create your character. If it's not there, then something bad is going on.
Goodaltgamer: No, I assumed, I will be presented by a preconfigured character ;) And I am just creating it
You create it from scratch.
Leonard03: When I click to Join Internet game I get a "Connection failed, try another Nick" error. Is that just because the original servers are down?
Tallima: Yes. That's normal. Then you click Internet Game (I think) and then Direct Connect, then enter the info.
Ok, what about the error "Cannot connect to Master Server, some multiplayer services may not be available."
Tallima: Be sure you're trying to connect to an Internet game. And use the IP I provided (click Direct Connect and then enter the IP)
Leonard03: When I click to Join Internet game I get a "Connection failed, try another Nick" error. Is that just because the original servers are down?
Any progress?

P.S. It's "Join Internet Game," then "Cancel," then "Direct Connect," then just enter the IP address I provided.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by Tallima
Tallima: Yes. That's normal. Then you click Internet Game (I think) and then Direct Connect, then enter the info.
Leonard03: Ok, what about the error "Cannot connect to Master Server, some multiplayer services may not be available."
Ignore
Tallima: Any progress?

P.S. It's "Join Internet Game," then "Cancel," then "Direct Connect," then just enter the IP address I provided.
Nothing, there's a option in settings for Dedicated Internet Connection, should that be checked or no?

Leonard03: Nothing, there's a option in settings for Dedicated Internet Connection, should that be checked or no?
no

Once you passed the massage you posted, you shall see a direct connect, IIRC 2nd from the right

Leonard03: Nothing, there's a option in settings for Dedicated Internet Connection, should that be checked or no?
Probably should be checked. But I'm not confident that that would be relevant.

You should get into the game, click Multiplayer, Fill in the name as Leonard03, make up a password or not (doesn't matter anymore), wait a moment, click Join Internet Game, click Cancel, click Direct Connect (bottom of the screen), enter the provided IP address, click OK, then make a character.

That's the process. I don't think any settings will change anything.
Tallima: Probably should be checked. But I'm not confident that that would be relevant.

You should get into the game, click Multiplayer, Fill in the name as Leonard03, make up a password or not (doesn't matter anymore), wait a moment, click Join Internet Game, click Cancel, click Direct Connect (bottom of the screen), enter the provided IP address, click OK, then make a character.

That's what I'm doing, keeps giving me the timeout error.
Tallima: Probably should be checked. But I'm not confident that that would be relevant.

Leonard03: That's what I'm doing, keeps giving me the timeout error.
Did you check your firewall?

Not showing any attempt here. Be sure you're entering the correct IP address.
Goodaltgamer: Did you check your firewall?
Good one! Yes. Check that out.
Yep, it's not being blocked.

I'm entering the IP address exactly the same.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by Leonard03
Leonard03: Yep, it's not being blocked.

I was doing actually doing a copy past. Did you enter it?
And the steps from Tamilla do sound the same as what I did.

Did you also set mwmain to XP2 mode? start it with nwmain

That's all I got. If your firewall is not blocking it and you're entering the IP address, I can't think of another reason.

You know, we could set up a VPN if you're comfortable with it.