It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maighstir: Oh, I misread the one-line post and understood it as "links within quotes are not checked". How awesome of me.
I meant this:

(with the "/" in the last quote, isn't the noparse tag suppose to work here and show tags without activating them?)
Post edited March 27, 2016 by Cyraxpt
Maighstir: Oh, I misread the one-line post and understood it as "links within quotes are not checked". How awesome of me.
Cyraxpt: I meant this:

(with the "/" in the last quote, isn't the noparse tag suppose to work here and show tags without activating them?)
Yeah, I realised that when re-reading the post. I'm fairly sure GOG only implemented b, i, quote and url tags. The forum software is built in-house, after all (also the two tags that take an argument are inconsistent, with quote using _ to separate the tag and argument, while url uses =).
Post edited March 27, 2016 by Maighstir
Wait

So the under 10 Rep remove link punishment, is broken,
OK it's a workaround type of broken, but it has no real effect, so if there is no other penalty for low rep, ignore it.
Anyone who judges your rep over your posts, are not worth the effort to engage with, they have no opinion of their own.
Your posts contents are your real rep. not the number under your name.

so if a person with -137 (Damn made me look) can post links, what's the problem with ignoring rep.

Indeed if it has no actual detrimental effect, how low can we get it?
I'm seriously thinking about deliberately distorting the system here, making it unworkable, with all those helpful posts from -1000 reps and all the bad ones from +1000.
if you make it useless and obviously broken, saying down vote me for my helping and up vote all the bad posts.

If you break it, no-one will trust it.

This would take planning and co-ordination, of course, but could be very effective.

If all the regular users GOG looks to as pillars of the community, suddenly all -rep themselves and e.

The one thing I would say is don't say Rep system stinks then use it, unless in co-ordinated mass protest publicity stunt, inviting the press to see it, could be another way to change things.

All this is just punting ideas, as I think of them, I use GOG for the base games only, my focus is modding,
I don't do my modding on GOG's site, I just get the stable DRM free Vanilla game and leave, most of the time.
UhuruNUru: Your posts contents are your real rep. not the number under your name.
The point of the rep system is to distinguish good users from bad ones.
Now that it failed, many goggers cannot recognize alts\trolls\scammers anymore, unless they're often here and remember a ton of usernames.
So, the number is not important for us, but it is for the community!
UhuruNUru: Your posts contents are your real rep. not the number under your name.
phaolo: The point of the rep system is to distinguish good users from bad ones.
Now that it failed, many goggers cannot recognize alts\trolls\scammers anymore, unless they're often here and remember a ton of usernames.
So, the number is not important for us, but it is for the community!
It never works that way though does it, that's the point.
It's "Not Fit for Purpose", which in the UK, is a legal phrase, which means it's against the trade laws, and the product was never legal to sell. There's a 6 year cut-off, all products bought under that 6 year limit, must be refunded in full.
Basically it says the product design didn't perform as advertised, so the right to sell is revoked and applies to the last 6 years of sales.

I use it here symbolically, it never had that functionality, because the decision to like/dislike is based on opinion, not facts. So it never could rate post on usefulness, if I can lie and say useful is useless, it fails from the start.
UhuruNUru: It never works that way though does it, that's the point. [..] it never had that functionality, because the decision to like/dislike is based on opinion, not facts. So it never could rate post on usefulness, if I can lie and say useful is useless, it fails from the start.
Well, I never considered it perfect, but at least it wasn't totally exploited and broken as it is now.
phaolo: Well, I never considered it perfect, but at least it wasn't totally exploited and broken as it is now.
but it was always exploitable, so broken from the start.
johnnygoging: I DEMAND DRM-FREE CHICKEN BUTT
infinityeight: . . . Have you been receiving chicken butt with DRM this whole time?
yes! and it should be DRM-Free! your chicken butt is DRM-Free, everyone else's is, so what is going on?
phaolo: Well, I never considered it perfect, but at least it wasn't totally exploited and broken as it is now.
UhuruNUru: but it was always exploitable, so broken from the start.
I think the issue is not so much the fact that it's broken, but the principle that GOG knows it's been broken for years and has refused to do anything about it and other aspects of the forum like they've been repeatedly asked to. Instead they've chosen to focus on Galaxy, which has been in beta since 2013 (I think), was made for The Witcher 3 (and didn't make the deadline), and has been generally disfavored by the community, basically showing that they ignored the wishes of their main customers.
Of course, I haven't been around this place long and admittedly can't speak about all this from personal experience (besides the rep, that is), but I do know that a few users have left for this reason.
Post edited March 27, 2016 by zeogold
infinityeight: . . . Have you been receiving chicken butt with DRM this whole time?
johnnygoging: yes! and it should be DRM-Free! your chicken butt is DRM-Free, everyone else's is, so what is going on?
*Wonders how to PM a chicken butt code*
UhuruNUru: but it was always exploitable, so broken from the start.
zeogold: I think the issue is not so much the fact that it's broken, but the principle that GOG knows it's been broken for years and has refused to do anything about it and other aspects of the forum like they've been repeatedly asked to. Instead they've chosen to focus on Galaxy, which has been in beta since 2013 (I think), was made for The Witcher 3 (and didn't make the deadline), and has been generally disfavored by the community, basically showing that they ignored the wishes of their main customers.
Of course, I haven't been around this place long and admittedly can't speak about all this from personal experience (besides the rep, that is), but I do know that a few users have left for this reason.
GOG Galaxy is the best Online client in the World, I don't critisise it for being a crappy online store client, there isn't any other kind of store client, but GOG Galaxy is far superior to the rest.

Because I don't have to use it, Unlike the Steaming pile of Crap, called Steam, it doesn't smell like Steam to me.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by UhuruNUru
zeogold: I think the issue is not so much the fact that it's broken, but the principle that GOG knows it's been broken for years and has refused to do anything about it and other aspects of the forum like they've been repeatedly asked to. Instead they've chosen to focus on Galaxy, which has been in beta since 2013 (I think), was made for The Witcher 3 (and didn't make the deadline), and has been generally disfavored by the community, basically showing that they ignored the wishes of their main customers.
UhuruNUru: GOG Galaxy is the best Online client in the World, I don't critisise it for being a crappy online store client, there isn't any other kind of store client, but GOG Galaxy is far superior to the rest.

Because I don't have to use it, Unlike the Steaming pile of Crap, called Steam, it doesn't smell like Steam to me.
Again, I think the main issue people have is that they've chosen to somewhat neglect the community in favor of promoting it.
zeogold: Again, I think the main issue people have is that they've chosen to somewhat neglect the community in favor of promoting it.
Understand that, but was not aware of it until this thread, I don't frequent GOG's forums much.
I have made several suggestions of ways to make GOG ashamed and embarrassed about such a failure of the System. Nobody even commented on them.

If they taken no notice here, taking the fight public where it can cause more of a stir is always a thing.
No easy answers exist, but bad publicity, can attract the media, which today includes YouTube, Reddit, Twatter and Facefuck (whoops slip of the finger there), Guess What, I don't use.

No way do I think everything's perfect on GOG, the concentration on galaxy is something I'm aware of.
Can you actually back up your assertion that most GOG users use the website, do GOG release such figures, I have no evidence to judge from.

As I said though if having a bad rep here has no actual practical effect set mine to -1,000,000 for all I care.
I won't really bother, unless it has a real effect, other than easily avoided link block, what if anything does it actually effect. if that's it I'm back to screw the Rep, it might be fun to see how low I could get it.
What's current worst rep on GOG, achievement, Wonder if Galaxy has one for Bad Rep, might be fun to ask for it , and make a sarcastic and public point.
Bronze @ -100 Rep
Silver @ -1,000 Rep
Gold @ -10,000 Rep

If companies ignore normal channels, only public embarrassment and/or withdrawing funding is likely to work.
So not being sarcastic and know GOG ignores the issue, make them pay attention another way.
GOG ignores broken Rep,I know that, but give me a reason to give a damn, or I ignore it as well.
Only links was suggested, which is broken, any other reason, I should care, because I've yet to hear one.

As long as I get an Offline installer, without any modding interference (GOG Workshop, the mere thought, sends a shiver down my spine).
First and Foremost I'm a modder, I want offline installers and nothing more than that.
GOG can do whatever it wants, if it keeps away from my PC.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by UhuruNUru
COOL!

I'm almost to Silver!

PARTY!
zeogold: Again, I think the main issue people have is that they've chosen to somewhat neglect the community in favor of promoting it.
UhuruNUru: Understand that, but was not aware of it until this thread, I don't frequent GOG's forums much.
I have made several suggestions of ways to make GOG ashamed and embarrassed about such a failure of the System. Nobody even commented on them.

If they taken no notice here, taking the fight public where it can cause more of a stir is always a thing.
No easy answers exist, but bad publicity, can attract the media, which today includes YouTube, Reddit, Twatter and Facefuck (whoops slip of the finger there), Guess What, I don't use.

No way do I think everything's perfect on GOG, the concentration on galaxy is something I'm aware of.
Can you actually back up your assertion that most GOG users use the website, do GOG release such figures, I have no evidence to judge from.

As I said though if having a bad rep here has no actual practical effect set mine to -1,000,000 for all I care.
I won't really bother, unless it has a real effect, other than easily avoided link block, what if anything does it actually effect. if that's it I'm back to screw the Rep, it might be fun to see how low I could get it.
What's current worst rep on GOG, achievement, Wonder if Galaxy has one for Bad Rep, might be fun to ask for it , and make a sarcastic and public point.
Bronze @ -100 Rep
Silver @ -1,000 Rep
Gold @ -10,000 Rep

If companies ignore normal channels, only public embarrassment and/or withdrawing funding is likely to work.
So not being sarcastic and know GOG ignores the issue, make them pay attention another way.
GOG ignores broken Rep,I know that, but give me a reason to give a damn, or I ignore it as well.
Only links was suggested, which is broken, any other reason, I should care, because I've yet to hear one.

As long as I get an Offline installer, without any modding interference (GOG Workshop, the mere thought, sends a shiver down my spine).
First and Foremost I'm a modder, I want offline installers and nothing more than that.
GOG can do whatever it wants, if it keeps away from my PC.
it might be fun to see how low I could get it.

HEY!!!That's what I'm working on.