It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamezRanker: Oh ok, we can split the map and be co-captains :D
Blast ye, can't be two captains on dis ship, that's a lotta bad luck for us all!

All right, fair's fair, since ye fired the grapeshot first, ye be the captain of this 'ere expede... expd... expedish... cruise, and I'll be the first mate.

Dependable, *loyal* first mate. (har har har)
low rated
Titanium: Blast ye, can't be two captains on dis ship, that's a lotta bad luck for us all!
They also said having 3 barbers as crew was a bad idea, but it seemed to work out well enough for Guybrush. ;)

Titanium: All right, fair's fair, since ye fired the grapeshot first, ye be the captain of this 'ere expede... expd... expedish... cruise, and I'll be the first mate.

Dependable, *loyal* first mate. (har har har)
*GR wisely decides to sleep with one eye open*
People playing Monkey Island without me?! This won't do. This won't do at all.
Attachments:
curses.jpg (84 Kb)
frogthroat: People playing Monkey Island without me?! This won't do. This won't do at all.
Want to join? Currently there are exciting opportunities open in the cabin boys' department. Fake beards, hooks and two wooden nickels as signing up bonus!

Don't bother the captain, though. He's a bit paranoid, for some reason. *sharpens stabbing knife*
low rated
frogthroat: People playing Monkey Island without me?! This won't do. This won't do at all.

A STEAM version?!?
(i'm only playing with ya....it's kewl to use whatever version)
Btw, I beat all ye scallywags....I already had it installed ages ago. :D

-=-=-=-=-

Titanium: Want to join? Currently there are exciting opportunities open in the cabin boys' department. Fake beards, hooks and two wooden nickels as signing up bonus!
Y'argh, ye forgot the audio books on parrot.

Titanium: Don't bother the captain, though. He's a bit paranoid, for some reason. *sharpens stabbing knife*
Okay that's it.....i'm getting a voodoo doll if this keeps up. ;)
Post edited June 30, 2021 by GamezRanker
IXOXI: This is exceptionally strong year. I wish all time travelers to enjoy this games!
Hmm....I was checking my chronological play list (currently in 2001) and my first reaction was that 1997 was a weak year, at least for me who likes CRPG, TBS and FPS games.

The ones I enjoyed and completed:
Outlaws - very tense on highest difficulty. So refreshing with glass cannons instead of HP sponges for a change.
HoMM II: The Price of Loyalty
Aleshar: The World of Ice - indie game by some Finnish nerds. Possibly the hardest CRPG I've completed.
Hexen II - using Doomsday Engine (which stopped working after some Windows updates) I thought this was a solid game.
Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny - slick real time blobber, but gameplaywise pales compared to Dungeon Master.
Fallout
Hellfire - a rather disappointing expansion to Diablo.
Quake II - some good, nonlinear level design, but it's possible to go trough the whole game without getting hit.

Overall I found the FPS games from 1997 rather meh. Couldn't get into Blood, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage or Dark Forces 2.
Post edited July 01, 2021 by PetrusOctavianus
low rated
PetrusOctavianus: Hexen II - using Doomsday Engine (which stopped working after some Windows updates) I thought this was a solid game.
Doomsday actually works for me in Win10(though I am using an older version, so that may be why).

-=-=-=-=-=-

Sidenote to the OP:

Put me down for Blood as well :)
Post edited June 30, 2021 by GamezRanker
Titanium: Fake beards,
Actually, it's a highly sophisticated beard weave made from the chest and back hair of real pirates.

GamezRanker: Btw, I beat all ye scallywags....I already had it installed ages ago.
I only have the first two permanently installed.
Titanium: ...
Lone_Scout: ...
PaterAlf: ...
morolf: ...
frogthroat: ...
Welcome on board!
PetrusOctavianus: Aleshar: The World of Ice - indie game by some Finnish nerds. Possibly the hardest CRPG I've completed.
[intense, painful flashbacks]

Possibly.
low rated
frogthroat: I only have the first two permanently installed.
I could maybe get not keeping the fourth installed, but the third.....that's mutinous talk, that is. o.0 ;)
(Btw, full disclosure: I don't have it installed either, per se....the needed files are copied to a folder so ScummVM can use them)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thread Update

Which to choose, which to choose..... *gr grins*

Just kidding.....did ye all think me to be a landlubber? Mega Monkey it is :D
Attachments:
Post edited July 01, 2021 by GamezRanker
What a splendid year. Blade Runner especially, for anyone in the mood for an outstanding adventure game.
GamezRanker: I could maybe get not keeping the fourth installed, but the third.....that's mutinous talk, that is. o.0 ;)
Oh aye. After installing I checked me save games. And there it be, me old save file from ... 2018? It be high time I sailed to Blood Island. I have even escaped Monkey Island more recently. New game it is, then.

(Anyway, 'tis time for me to sail to dreamland. More Monkey Island tomorrow. Just got the gold tooth, btw.)
GamezRanker: Mega Monkey it is :D
Is there any other way?
Post edited July 01, 2021 by frogthroat
low rated
frogthroat: I have even escaped Monkey Island more recently.
Speaking of, don't tell anyone else here but.....I also be playin' that game as well. o.0 ;)
(I started it about a week before this thread started, as I felt the urge to play it)

frogthroat: (Anyway, 'tis time for me to sail to dreamland. More Monkey Island tomorrow. Just got the gold tooth, btw.)
Poor blondebeard. ;D

frogthroat: Is there any other way?
I hear tell there is, but it be only for scallywags and bilge rats.
Anyhoo, get some rest, and we shall see you on the morrow. :)
Post edited July 01, 2021 by GamezRanker
IXOXI: This is exceptionally strong year. I wish all time travelers to enjoy this games!
Indeed. So many great games. It is amazing that all of them came out in the same year. From Fallout to X-Com: Apocalypse to The Last Express to Imperialism to Oddworld to Emperor of the Fading Suns to... you name it.