It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey Judas. I got an new enigmatic hint of my own for a game not yet released. Mind if I PM you a/b this so you can put out in the future?
i guessed the wrong TES and the wrong DOOM, do i still get a t-shirt or something?
Now that Bethesda is finally here, we need to see Doom 3 and Quake 2!
IronArcturus: Now that Bethesda is finally here, we need to see Doom 3 and Quake 2!
Voted for Doom 3 a while ago, but I did add a comment specifying my desire for the original, non-BFG-Edition version of the game.

I think that the wish for Doom 1 2 and 3 being marked as "in progress" is a good sign :)
Post edited August 27, 2015 by Pseudoman
IronArcturus: Now that Bethesda is finally here, we need to see Doom 3 and Quake 2!
Pseudoman: Voted for Doom 3 a while ago, but I did add a comment specifying my desire for the original, non-BFG-Edition version of the game.

I think that the wish for Doom 1 2 and 3 being marked as "in progress" is a good sign :)
That is true. If GOG can get Doom 3, I hope it's the original! For some reason the "BFG" version of Doom 3 always had bad reviews.
IronArcturus: That is true. If GOG can get Doom 3, I hope it's the original! For some reason the "BFG" version of Doom 3 always had bad reviews.
That's complete BS! I don't imply that you're lying or something since i haven't checked reviews one by one.
But if DOOM 3 BFG, indeed got bad reviews, it is COMPLETE BULLSHIT and the reason is simple :

When DOOM 3 originally came out, people kept moaning about the change in atmosphere (more darkness - less strafe rocketing) and the fact that you could NOT use the flashlight at the same time as your gun.
So most of the game you would have to lose precious time to change from flashlight to weapon and vice versa.

Now after some months of the DOOM 3 release in 2003 (or was it 2004?), there came a mod that fixed this flashlight issue.

9 years later, the BFG edition comes out, with slightly better graphics, Resurrection of Evil Expansion, the Lost Levels map pack, the Flashlight issue fixed, Doom 1 and Doom 2 with achivements, and it's somehow worse than the original Doom 3?
How is that possible?

The only negative i can think of, is not related with Doom 3, and it's the fact that the Doom 1 and Doom 2 within the BFG edition , omit the secret levels (Wolfenstein 3D map and maybe a few more).
Post edited August 27, 2015 by Epitaph666
So, is GOG going to continue the roll they've been on by debuting Microsoft, Sega or Take-Two Interactive next week?
And MAC ports please.
Barry_Woodward: So, is GOG going to continue the roll they've been on by debuting Microsoft, Sega or Take-Two Interactive next week?
One can hope :)
Post edited August 27, 2015 by cecil
Celton88:
Emachine9643: Your wrong its the Fallout series and if I'm right your buying me those copies and if your right I'll buy you DroidWorks... That's how confident I am! I'm willing to gamble! On your behalf! Okay I'm done with the shouting.....
LOL you make a convincing argument. If Droidworks shows up next week I'll get you some fallout games lol
Epitaph666: 9 years later, the BFG edition comes out, with slightly better graphics, Resurrection of Evil Expansion, the Lost Levels map pack, the Flashlight issue fixed, Doom 1 and Doom 2 with achivements, and it's somehow worse than the original Doom 3?
How is that possible?
Better graphics? NOT TRUE. The original still looks better, even without mods. The BFG-edition is a downgrade, a console-port.

I wouldn't pay a cent for the BFG-edition, but would LOVE to see a release of the original+the expansion here on GOG.
Post edited August 27, 2015 by seppelfred
Barry_Woodward: So, is GOG going to continue the roll they've been on by debuting Microsoft, Sega or Take-Two Interactive next week?
Now look what you've done... *click*
Post edited August 28, 2015 by gamefood
gamefood: Now look what you've done... *click*
Something hotlinking something... I guess...
I loved Doom 3. The flashlight, the graphics, the tension, the horror. Loved it. I bough the PC release of Doom 3 BFG and couldn't stand it. It just feels different. It was a different game once it was ported to the Rage engine and the flashlight on all the time was added.
SpiralJacobs: I loved Doom 3. The flashlight, the graphics, the tension, the horror. Loved it. I bough the PC release of Doom 3 BFG and couldn't stand it. It just feels different. It was a different game once it was ported to the Rage engine and the flashlight on all the time was added.
I know right, it kinda ruins the game.
SpiralJacobs: I loved Doom 3.
Ditto. The game may have differed from previous Dooms, but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I also never got the criticism of the flashlight or gun tradeoff. I really liked that mechanic as it made for much tenser gunplay. While the whole closet-monster thing got a bit silly after a while, it's still a very fun game.