It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Not a Hint but more of a warning :P

Prepare your wallets, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux, for August 20th. That is all.
How am I suposed to wait calmly for two days? :D

Prepare your wallets, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux, for August 20th. That is all.
Given the Twitch schedule and lack of official confirmation that the "quite the surprise" mentioned previously had happened, I feel confident that this is either a new publisher or something huge happening with an existing one.

Or it could just be a sale. We'll see.
My guesses:
SCPM: I see new companies in the catalog filter list:
Westwood Associates & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Eye of the Beholder: Part 1, Part 2
SCPM: Stormfront Studios & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Collectors Edition
Bethesda Softworks (a new separate entry from the previous one)
Wild guess: Sword of Sodan or some Elder Scrolls stuff?
Mode 7, the developer of Frozen Synapse and Frozen Cortex has been added to GOG's list of game companies, as has Double Eleven, developers of Frozen Synapse Prime. Double Eleven has also been involved in publishing Limbo and Goat Simulator on various platforms.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Barry_Woodward

+1 :)

(I personally think it's too early for a big sale, which I'd expect to be next month. Though I've been known to be wrong at all times, as well...)
Also, don't forget that Konami, Microsoft and Namco Bandai are also on the list.
Barry_Woodward: Also, don't forget that Konami, Microsoft and Namco Bandai are also on the list.
Microsoft... Linux? I know there are 2 or 3 of their games (published by them) on steam for linux but damn, that would be wild! :)
JudasIscariot: Prepare your wallets, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux, for August 20th. That is all.
Oh damn, a new big event in August.. I'll miss it, then. :(
Post edited August 18, 2015 by phaolo
*eye twitch* I've been curious ever since the "big surprise" or whatever Judas teased about a week ago. I was hoping we only had to wait until this week (as the way he phrased it seemed to imply it wasn't coming last week) and the Twitch schedule for Thursday made me optimistic. So good to get official confirmation that I can fully board the hype train for "Next Stop... Thursday..." Color me excited!

karnak1: Summer/Insomnia sale?

It could be a new publisher. But some of its games could not cater to everyone's tastes.

Then again it's probably a new publisher, since the "thing" starts on thursday.
Why in the world would I hint at a sale? :) I never hinted at one and never will. Please try again :)
Post edited August 18, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Why in the world would I hint at a sale? :) I never hinted at one and never will. Please try again :)
Will we have a Hint before the "thursday deal"?

And I say Bethesda or old SSI games.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by karnak1
JudasIscariot: Why in the world would I hint at a sale? :) I never hinted at one and never will. Please try again :)
karnak1: Will we have a Hint before the "thursday deal"?
Not for this, sorry. I honestly can't come up with anything that someone wouldn't guess within two seconds :) It's quite a large event, in my opinion, and I think it will make a lot of people happy :)

Wait, I have a sort of Hint:

Come Thursday, we will be able to have a proper rebuttal to any and all "Why does GOG not release any old games?" threads....at least for a while :P
Post edited August 18, 2015 by JudasIscariot
Sounds interesting. Hopefully some nice games to backup old discs someday.
(since I can only think of 3 games I would buy instantly without thinking and I doubt they are gonna appear)
maybe another lucas wave ... but I'm still hoping for the return of the fallouts.
anyway, good news
I can't imagine a scenario in which the Gold Box series and the Eye Of The Beholder trilogy are not released on Thursday. Holy cheese, I'm excited! :D