It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JMich: Do you count FM Towns as emulated or not?
IronArcturus: Are there FM Towns games on GOG? That I didn't know. Which ones?
Zak McKraken from what I recall is the FM town version, running in ScummVM.
JMich: Zak McKraken from what I recall is the FM town version, running in ScummVM.
I see. Yeah, there are a couple of series that use ScummVM on GOG like LSL.
Grargar: I'm really not sure about Sega. Leaving aside the fact that they don't want to sell the vast majority of their games to Japanese customers, I doubt they would be particularly willing to offer their Steamworks games as DRM-Free. If they come, I assume we'll only get the Genesis/Mega Drive Classics.
Maybe they're desperate. :P

Or maybe, just maybe, the hint actually means GOG is going console-exclusive, leaving the PC in the dust; all future releases will only be purchasable on PSN.
tfishell: Or maybe, just maybe, the hint actually means GOG is going console-exclusive, leaving the PC in the dust; all future releases will only be purchasable on PSN.
I like your optimism.
tfishell: Or maybe, just maybe, the hint actually means GOG is going console-exclusive, leaving the PC in the dust; all future releases will only be purchasable on PSN.
Grargar: I like your optimism.
Maybe GOG knows that, IN THE FUTURE, war was beginning, and in the future, consolves vs. peecees will happen, but the consoles will win that war, but lose the battel but win all pecees' bases. In The Future.
JMich: Zak McKraken from what I recall is the FM town version, running in ScummVM.
ScummVM is not emulation, not in the case of Zak McKracken or otherwise, it's a native re-implementation of the game engine. DOSBox, on the other hand, is an emulator.

tfishell: war was beginning
I think you may be on to something. Better move 'ZIG'.
Post edited March 29, 2015 by Rixasha
tfishell: war was beginning
Rixasha: I think you may be on to something. Better move 'ZIG'.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
Rixasha: I think you may be on to something. Better move 'ZIG'.
rampancy: FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
Don't forget the video!
Just yesterday, I was thinking about the hint and its delay...

I have to admit that, like some people have guessed, the idea of Total War games coming here could be possible (though difficult).

"From a site not far away" (Steam?)

"you too will fight in a console" (SEGA owns Creative Assembly)

"war!" (Total??)
Dynasty warriors 8?

It comes from consoles and was released on steam a couple of months ago...
We could rename this thread into "Enigmatic Hunt" ;)

... and I still believe only this game can be meant... 19th of May isn't yet thaaaat long to go ;)
Post edited March 31, 2015 by gamefood
Not today's game either, then? It's about war, Judas said it was troublesome, but I don't spot a console connection and Judas hasn't returned to this thread today...
What a nice addition to the GOG catalogue...bought it...
Soccorro: What a nice addition to the GOG catalogue...bought it...
Was the new "Act of War" game the Hint?
Soccorro: What a nice addition to the GOG catalogue...bought it...
IronArcturus: Was the new "Act of War" game the Hint?
ugh dunno...maybe? :D