It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

infinite9: should not revolve around government paper and the "rights" assigned to marriage are false rights that should not be based upon marriage at all.
Rights are supposed to mean that there's a power behind it ready to enforce it (legally or with force) should someone try to deny it to you. There is no such thing as a right if you or a power behind you can't enforce it. It may be "right", but entitlements don't mean anything to people with more power that disagree. Human rights for example don't matter in countries where you're left to fend for yourself or get killed by some group.

People need to think of "constitutional" as "this is protected by my country" and not as "my country allows me to do this": That's where politics and the common debates start to get their facts mixed up. :P
Bookwyrm627: Internet coverage is good to have. Cell service I could manage without (did it for a number of years). No decent pizza would be hard. Add 300 inches of snow in a year and it is time to move.

What sort of advantages could make up for that? You have a magic cure-all panacea around somewhere?

Edit: Looking at google images, you DO have some very pretty views.
tinyE: The snow is an afterthought. The roads are always open and clear and the schools never close. Everyone here respects each other; no assholes at all. No traffic. No crowds. Plenty of bears, moose, deer, eagles. The cleanest air in North America. I could go on.
What's a guy like you doing in a nice place like that?
Crosmando: Everyone knows that the only American places that really matter (economically and politically) are New York and California.
But some people also know that Texas is a bigger economy than New York and has just about the same GDP as Australia. :)

Texas has also mattered more than New York politically for many many decades, for better or (much much) worse.
Attachments:
Post edited January 09, 2016 by budejovice
Quick question to the american gogers, does this kind of stuff happen frequently? The diferent courts overulling eachother stuff...
WireHead: Quick question to the american gogers, does this kind of stuff happen frequently? The diferent courts overulling eachother stuff...
No, usually they just bribe each other to get what they want instead of outright fighting the system. Protests are for poor people.
zeogold: You're telling me that people here aren't too drunk for politics?
tinyE: In all fairness, this isn't politics, it's human rights.
Last I checked, human rights were very much a political issue.
WireHead: Quick question to the american gogers, does this kind of stuff happen frequently? The diferent courts overulling eachother stuff...
Not with the Supreme Court, and only with the BIG issues like this, integration, and abortion.

Smaller courts all the time but that's shit like, "You can't park your car here." and a judge comes back and says, "Fuck you; yes they can."

I actually had that happen in my home town, 20 years ago. The police told me I couldn't park on main street. The mayor told me to ignore them. XD
Post edited January 09, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: Not with the Supreme Court, and only with the BIG issues like this, integration, and abortion.

Smaller courts all the time but that's shit like, "You can't park your car here." and a judge comes back and says, "Fuck you; yes they can."

I actually had that happen in my home town, 20 years ago. The police told me I couldn't park on main street. The mayor told me to ignore them. XD
That says something about the size of your home town when you can just ask the mayor to let you off the hook.
tinyE: Not with the Supreme Court, and only with the BIG issues like this, integration, and abortion.

zeogold: That says something about the size of your home town when you can just ask the mayor to let you off the hook.
It was a suburb of St. Louis so technically it was small, but it was a fucking urban mess.
jadegiant: This poor excuse for a judge is named Roy Moore, just for accuracy's sake.
Gnostic: You can add Obama to the list regarding Gun Control rulings of Congress.
jadegiant: To be fair, the current Congress has obstructed several of Obama's policies and even uncontroversial appointees (including judges needed to fill several judicial vacancies) just because they don't like him. Also they just tried to repeal Obamacare for the 62nd time. This Congress has approval ratings that are near historic lows. Nope, Obama should go around them more often.
I don't think any president should ever be allowed to go around congress.
Gnostic: Even in India too?

I thought marriage is still good in India?
Nothing too dangerous if you're careful. However if you are not careful while looking, you could end up with a wife who would make your life exiting, not in ways you'd appreciate though. There's this law against dowry harassment, 498A which is a non-bailable offense and there have been instances where not only the guy and his family, but even kids of his siblings are put in jail for harassment. A guy caught his wife cheating on him, and when he asked for divorce, she apparently agreed. She moved out and put a dowry harassment case on him demanding payment of cash (blackmail) to a) remove the case b) to give divorce. No pre-nups in India so you can't put a clause which forbids extramarital affairs or anything. I will update my post with links by end of day.
Shadowstalker16: Before is illegal and and just after turning 21 may land you with a family well before you could provide for one or that and have a passing flame as a wife and make both your lives hell.
Gnostic: Erm, why one wants to marry a passing flame? I thought India women are more respectful of their husband?
Its not the girl. I was talking about sex-crazed guys wanting to get married and being hasty in their decision. The other thing can vary depending on the individual's personality, as Hunter said.
Sigh, this again.
Hunter65536: There's this law against dowry harassment, 498A which is a non-bailable offense and there have been instances where not only the guy and his family, but even kids of his siblings are put in jail for harassment.
Abuses like that need to be fixed, but that law was created for a good reason. There are plenty of horror stories out there.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by theslitherydeee
theslitherydeee: Abuses like that need to be fixed, but that law was created for a good reason. There are plenty of horror stories out there.
I'm not blaming the law, it does help some women but rather I'm saying that a) People should be careful while marrying, preferably get to know the nature of other person b) Indian government should legalize pre-nups.
theslitherydeee: Abuses like that need to be fixed, but that law was created for a good reason. There are plenty of horror stories out there.
Hunter65536: I'm not blaming the law, it does help some women but rather I'm saying that a) People should be careful while marrying, preferably get to know the nature of other person b) Indian government should legalize pre-nups.
What's a "pre-nup"?