It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CharlesGrey: That works too, and has the advantage that you could also get yourself a copy of Bloodborne. Thus, I am now officially a little jealous. Just a wee bit.
Riotact: It came with The Order and Bloodborne free :P
So would I. I actually considered getting a PS4 to play Witcher and Bloodborne on, but I have a pretty decent PC and I'm a bit spoiled by PC gaming. Might still pick up a PS4 a few years down the road, when they're cheaper, and all the cool games are available as GOTY/Complete editions, for a few bucks each.

Still kind of pissed that Bloodborne ended up as a Sony exclusive. Seems to me that after the success of Dark Souls From Software would have done fine even without any financial help from Sony, and the game would have been available to more people ( PC... and XBone, I guess ). But for better or worse Sony and MS need good exclusives to push their systems, and they're willing to invest heavily to make that happen. Guess that's just the way it is.
I just found a cheap used Radeon R9 290! I am considering buying it, will it work with my 500 watt power supply?
Random_Coffee: I just found a cheap used Radeon R9 290! I am considering buying it, will it work with my 500 watt power supply?
Depends on the rest of your PC and also quality of your PSU. But personally, I would buy new PSU as well, just to be safe, 600 W at least (Seasonic, Corsair, Enermax,...)
Random_Coffee: I just found a cheap used Radeon R9 290! I am considering buying it, will it work with my 500 watt power supply?
triock: Depends on the rest of your PC and also quality of your PSU. But personally, I would buy new PSU as well, just to be safe, 600 W at least (Seasonic, Corsair, Enermax,...)
I have a CPU requiring 100 watt, SSD, harddrive, two fans. Just an average budget rig. I don't know what defines the quality of the PSU, but it's a Cooler Master GX Lite.
Post edited April 23, 2015 by Random_Coffee
triock: Depends on the rest of your PC and also quality of your PSU. But personally, I would buy new PSU as well, just to be safe, 600 W at least (Seasonic, Corsair, Enermax,...)
Random_Coffee: I have a CPU requiring 100 watt, SSD, harddrive, two fans. Just an average budget rig. I don't know what defines the quality of the PSU, but it's a Cooler Master GX Lite.
Hmm, it should work (for some time), but as I said, new PSU would be better. ;)
Random_Coffee: I have a CPU requiring 100 watt, SSD, harddrive, two fans. Just an average budget rig. I don't know what defines the quality of the PSU, but it's a Cooler Master GX Lite.
triock: Hmm, it should work (for some time), but as I said, new PSU would be better. ;)
Alright, it's good to be on the safe side. The card will probably be running at a high load when playing The Witcher 3 anyway, so I don't want the PSU melting while playing :P Should I get a 600 watt?
triock: Hmm, it should work (for some time), but as I said, new PSU would be better. ;)
Random_Coffee: Alright, it's good to be on the safe side. The card will probably be running at a high load when playing The Witcher 3 anyway, so I don't want the PSU melting while playing :P Should I get a 600 watt?
Yes, at least something like this - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/builder-series-cx600 or this - http://www.seasonicusa.com/S12II-Bronze.htm
Use this : http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies
Good find with the 290! Happy hunting!
Shadowstalker16: Use this : http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies
Thanks for the link, the Corsair supply seems to be a safe bet. So, before I make the final decision to buy, is the 290 futureproof, or should I wait for the 300-series?
Shadowstalker16: Use this : http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies
Random_Coffee: Thanks for the link, the Corsair supply seems to be a safe bet. So, before I make the final decision to buy, is the 290 futureproof, or should I wait for the 300-series?
Nothing can be said to be future proof these days. I'm sure most people here will agree with this as well. It depends on optimization. Yes; its THAT important. We have TW:Attila adding ONE frame extra to average fps when we put another 980 on; so it'll depend on optimization. Similarly, a badly optimized NvidiaGW game may do in the 290. But as far as price performance goes; its a safe bet to assume it will RUN MOST upcoming games minimum around high for most of the time;AFAIK at least.
Random_Coffee: Thanks for the link, the Corsair supply seems to be a safe bet. So, before I make the final decision to buy, is the 290 futureproof, or should I wait for the 300-series?
Shadowstalker16: Nothing can be said to be future proof these days. I'm sure most people here will agree with this as well. It depends on optimization. Yes; its THAT important. We have TW:Attila adding ONE frame extra to average fps when we put another 980 on; so it'll depend on optimization. Similarly, a badly optimized NvidiaGW game may do in the 290. But as far as price performance goes; its a safe bet to assume it will RUN MOST upcoming games minimum around high for most of the time;AFAIK at least.
Alright, sounds good. By the way, I forgot to ask, will my AMD A8-5600K bottleneck it?
Random_Coffee: Alright, sounds good. By the way, I forgot to ask, will my AMD A8-5600K bottleneck it?
In some DX11 games? Probably yes, but not too much (it would help if you overclock it). For DX12 games it should be ok. ;)
Indeed; DX12 will utilize the 2 extra cores that have been left to rot all these years.
Three new images:
Platform is unknown, but IMHO game looks like Witcher 2. Only with exorbitant system extortions now.
RudyLis: Three new images:
Platform is unknown, but IMHO game looks like Witcher 2. Only with exorbitant system extortions now.
Xbox obviously. Can see the XYAB button prompts, provided CDPR doesn't use controllers for testing PC games. The interface is solid though. Delivers plenty of info with as little screen space as possible. And the map seems helpful; but a turn off map option may be nice if you wanna go exploring. Seems we have hp, stamina, mana and something else in the top left stat bars.

I love the 3rd pic's objective though. ''Go to Yennefer's rooms and put on formal attire.'' Sure brah. Either way, CDPR made some mocap artists really happy.