It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

metricfun: Don't know how much hassle it would be for you. But maybe simply putting the "real updates" in the first post(s) at the beginning and then putting the "No changelog". Would make it possible for people to see what they want. If anyone wants to see how GOG changed their file naming (I believe that's what they're doing) than it'll be available under the "real updates".
I think too it would be a good idea to put "real" updates at the beginning of the updates posts, if it's not too complicated to do. Of course, all depends on the hassle for you ! For pastebin idea... I personnaly don't know what would be the best :P (the idea is that it's not more complicated for you, and if possible in the same time easier to read for everyone)
Post edited July 01, 2017 by Splatsch
Splatsch: So many updates, so few changelogs XD
That's a bit.. frustrating :P
lenskip: most are just changes made internally by GOG for the installers.
Unfortunately with the new update for Shadow Warrior 2 both DLCs are not working anymore.
Layers of Fear also got an updated Windows installer with the filename unchanged (setup_layers_of_fear_1.1.0_(5488).exe).
WTF is GOG doing?

No more notifications to keep track of updates. Luckily we have this thread to keep track what is happening and now they omit the changelogs?

Seriously, Galaxy and auto-update is only opttional, but if you do not use them you have no way of knowing what or if somethng was patched. You can say what you want, this is intentional by GOG.
MaGo72: WTF is GOG doing?

No more notifications to keep track of updates. Luckily we have this thread to keep track what is happening and now they omit the changelogs?

Seriously, Galaxy and auto-update is only opttional, but if you do not use them you have no way of knowing what or if somethng was patched. You can say what you want, this is intentional by GOG.
But those notifications will be reinstated "eventually" ... I mean it was a few months ago when this was said but you have to believe in "eventually". ;)
Post edited July 01, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: But those notifications will be reinstated "eventually" ... I mean it was a few months ago when this was said but you have to believe in "eventually". ;)
Well, yes, eventually. Eventually we (all active users) will be all dead… eventually there will be no humans left. Eventually can mean anything or nothing.
high rated
There's an update post by elcook in the new nav system thread regarding the return/restoration of the notification system.

It should be back and up within a few weeks.
mk47at: Well, yes, eventually. Eventually we (all active users) will be all dead… eventually there will be no humans left.
... and the AI overlords will have to emulate humans just to keep GOG alive. Have you ever tried emulating a human? Do you even know what hardware specs you need for that? :P
MarkoH01: But those notifications will be reinstated "eventually" ... I mean it was a few months ago when this was said but you have to believe in "eventually". ;)
mk47at: Well, yes, eventually. Eventually we (all active users) will be all dead… eventually there will be no humans left. Eventually can mean anything or nothing.
My comment was of course meant to be sarcastic you know that, don't you?
HypersomniacLive: There's an update post by elcook in the new nav system thread regarding the return/restoration of the notification system.

It should be back and up within a few weeks.
Great to hear. This elcook seems to make a lot of detailed statements now. Maybe GOG starts to communicate with the community again? This would even be better. Thank you!
Post edited July 01, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: My comment was of course meant to be sarcastic you know that, don't you?
Perhaps ;-P
high rated
@GOG.com Blues

You updated Shadow Warrior 2 main installer, but not the DLCs so they do not properly detect the game thus you can't install the DLC. Same issue with Renowned Explorers... can you please cut this out!?

If it's an issue with the new automated work flow.. you need to also consider the DLC for games.

Edit: Sword of the Stars the Pit Gold Edition base installer is now 1.5.8.2_(4552) and the dlc are 2.7.0.13 and install fine.. jesus GOG can you be anymore complicated =/?

Edit 2: Yup they can! Same with The Real Texas. Main game installer change to 1.7_(8168) but the dlc is still 2.2.0.3, yet installs fine!

Edit 3: Worms WMD 1.0.0.143_(8390).. all stars pack is still 2.1.0.3.. I think you guys get the idea.
Post edited July 01, 2017 by lenskip
Let me follow up with another bug report:

Many of the new installers, including the one for Shadow Warrior 2, always create desktop icons regardless of whether the checkbox is ticked in options or not.
Lars2500: Many of the new installers, including the one for Shadow Warrior 2, always create desktop icons regardless of whether the checkbox is ticked in options or not.
I guess GOG will always install Galaxy regardless of whether the checkbox is ticked in options or not.
@ GOG blues :
Someone just noticed that the "GOG downloader links" pages for SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars and SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm lead to a missing page :
https://www.gog.com/downloader/listing/spellforce_2_shadow_wars
https://www.gog.com/downloader/listing/spellforce_2_dragon_storm
Fixing that would be appreciated ;)
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Splatsch
high rated
kbnrylaec: I guess GOG will always install Galaxy regardless of whether the checkbox is ticked in options or not.
I don't follow - what does Galaxy have to do with desktop icons (I assume this refers to desktop shortcuts) being created even when the related checkbox is unticked?