It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: Run:

./prep-prefix.sh

then

./wineenv.sh

and then

./winetricks msxml3 dotnet35sp1

Then extract AWB into the directory and try to run AWB:

cd AutoWikiBrowser5900
wine AutoWikiBrowser.exe
Ran your script and that seemed to go well. But got a few program crashes when trying to install MSXML3 and .NET 3.5. Got the same error message when I after installing what could be installed tried to run AWB.

Unhandled exception: unimplemented function mscoree.dll.CorIsLatestSvc called in 32-bit code (0x7b4407d2).
Register dump: (big load of dump, hex and registers and so forth)

Could this be because I've got wine-hq from a PPA? It was the recommended way from what I could gather when I installed it, and I wanted a more updated version than Mint provides (they really ought to update it).

What should I try here, tear out everything and start over? Or is there likely to be something else wrong that prevents all these attempts from succeeding?

Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough myself to investigate much :|
Pangaea666: Could this be because I've got wine-hq from a PPA? It was the recommended way from what I could gather when I installed it, and I wanted a more updated version than Mint provides (they really ought to update it).
My script downloads and uses its own separate copy of Wine, so it shouldn't care about your system's version. When you installed Wine did you install the recommended packages as well? Could try installing CrossOver and see if that reports any missing dependencies when you run it/try to install stuff with it.
adamhm: My script downloads and uses its own separate copy of Wine, so it shouldn't care about your system's version. When you installed Wine did you install the recommended packages as well? Could try installing CrossOver and see if that reports any missing dependencies when you run it/try to install stuff with it.
If recommended packages needs a special command, then probably not. I tend to use sudo apt-get install <whatever>

Looked up AWB (and Witcher 3) on CrossOver, and neither had good results (none for AWB to be fair). But I can always try it out, to see if it crashes in the same way.
Victor Vran:

18635595 - 3516168 - 3983010 - 3468395
Hey, Victor, are you still here? ;)
It is still unclaimed
It's still unclaimed, so here's a clue: 0-9, 0-Z
Hey, how do you create the ISO image burn when using Ubuntu to do it? I don't understand how to use the links.

Okay, first download Brasero from the Ubuntu software store using the Ubuntu software store app (type Ubuntu software store into the search thingy in the top left of the home screen to find this app)
Post edited November 23, 2017 by flatiron
When I try to download this file sha256sum.txt.gpg from this page https://linuxmint.com/verify.php

It does not let me download it. It opens the file and lets me copy it. If I open a word document using the preinstalled ubuntu office suite and then save it as sha256sum.txt.gpg...

Never mind. You right click on the page that opens to save it. Apparently the Russian truenetwork server provides "BAD" ISOs.
Okay. Downloading from the world server gave me this

"gpg --verify sha256sum.txt.gpg sha256sum.txt
gpg: Signature made Thu 29 Jun 2017 10:13:16 AM MDT using RSA key ID A25BAE09
gpg: Good signature from "Linux Mint ISO Signing Key <root@linuxmint.com>"
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 27DE B156 44C6 B3CF 3BD7 D291 300F 846B A25B AE09"

So, is this good or bad?

Syringa server gets this

"u75@75:~/ISO$ gpg --verify sha256sum.txt.gpg sha256sum.txt
Primary key fingerprint: 27DE B156 44C6 B3CF 3BD7 D291 300F 846B A25B AE09
"
Post edited November 23, 2017 by flatiron
flatiron: Okay. Downloading from the world server gave me this

So, is this good or bad?
I'm not sure what you're seeking to do with all this verification business.
But basically: The key is reading as valid; but there's no way to be sure.

This could mean one of two things: They forgot to include the information. (Would not be surprising) or it is trying to verify from local information.

Of course if Mint had a proper media writing tool, none of this would be an issue. :B
Damn. I don't understand the clue. But I would like to play Victor Vran. I thought I had cracked the code but it wasn't right.
flatiron: Okay. Downloading from the world server gave me this

So, is this good or bad?
Darvond: I'm not sure what you're seeking to do with all this verification business.
But basically: The key is reading as valid; but there's no way to be sure.

This could mean one of two things: They forgot to include the information. (Would not be surprising) or it is trying to verify from local information.

Of course if Mint had a proper media writing tool, none of this would be an issue. :B
So, I shouldn't use MINT? What should I use?
flatiron: So, I shouldn't use MINT? What should I use?
We've already crossed paths on this matter, haven't we? And personally, I wouldn't suggest Mint for reasons of my own choosing, but I wouldn't say the file you downloaded is unsafe.
Lifthrasil: Damn. I don't understand the clue. But I would like to play Victor Vran. I thought I had cracked the code but it wasn't right.
adamhm's clue was quite definitive, I couldn't have cracked it without it.

Luckily for you I already own the game, so you're still in the race to get it! :)