It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon.co.uk it's available for pre-order. £49.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Entertainment-Electronic/dp/B01IFJEWTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468841308&sr=8-1&keywords=nintendo+classic+mini
Lesser: All in all, the idea of a tiny version of the NES is a great idea but the fact that there are and will be "only" 30 games makes is uninteresting again. It would be the easy and totally legal version of a Raspberry Pi that could do the same and wouldn't be limited to 30 set games.
I think Nintendo would be much better with the possibility to add more games to that little console somehow.

Nevertheless I'd like to see that project as a SNES or even N64 version. :=)
you think a casual gamer or a nostalgia fueled gamer with only a passing interest in nes gaming are interested in the pi ?
or are even inclined to fiddle with it ?
all they want is to be bale to plug it in sit down and play the games they kinda sorta remember
that's the market this thing is aimed at

and it will do that one thing quite well
I also have this audience in mind, even wrote it down before I erased it before sending my post. I know there will be more than enough that want/expect a plug-to-play - like every Nintendo product.
But still, a limited number of games without any chance to expand the list is a wasted chance. At least they added iconic, well-known games. You will have a good time with all 3 SMB games already.

But look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games
Lesser: I also have this audience in mind, even wrote it down before I erased it before sending my post. I know there will be more than enough that want/expect a plug-to-play - like every Nintendo product.
But still, a limited number of games without any chance to expand the list is a wasted chance. At least they added iconic, well-known games. You will have a good time with all 3 SMB games already.

But look at this:
oh please you really think there wont be a v2 ?
this thing will sell like gangbusters and then most likely there wil be a v2 with a sd card slot
Lesser: I also have this audience in mind, even wrote it down before I erased it before sending my post. I know there will be more than enough that want/expect a plug-to-play - like every Nintendo product.

But look at this:
snowkatt: oh please you really think there wont be a v2 ?
this thing will sell like gangbusters and then most likely there wil be a v2 with a sd card slot
I wouldn't want to keep buying whole new units of these just for different games though.
pimpmonkey2382.313: I wouldn't want to keep buying whole new units of these just for different games though.
I would. :P
pimpmonkey2382.313: I wouldn't want to keep buying whole new units of these just for different games though.
tinyE: I would. :P
And I would have to say, go home tiny you're high. :P
if there is one thing nintendo loves more then pokemon and whoring out mario
its making different versions of the same hardware over and over and over
just look at the gameboy the gba the DS and the 3Ds
snowkatt: if there is one thing nintendo loves more then pokemon and whoring out mario
Well yeah, I still wouldn't rebuy it though. :P
snowkatt: if there is one thing nintendo loves more then pokemon and whoring out mario
pimpmonkey2382.313: Well yeah, I still wouldn't rebuy it though. :P
i might if it has a sd slot
Mini NES Expansion pack? :P
snowkatt: i might if it has a sd slot
Maybe, but now that I think about it, I doubt they'll do it. They can make a boatload if they put "must haves" on different versions. And just keep making you rebuy the systems.
omega64: Mini NES Expansion pack? :P
the mini diskplayer
omega64: Mini NES Expansion pack? :P
They have no way of actually doing that. :P
snowkatt: i might if it has a sd slot
pimpmonkey2382.313: Maybe, but now that I think about it, I doubt they'll do it. They can make a boatload if they put "must haves" on different versions. And just keep making you rebuy the systems.
"Now supports SNES games at 5 fps, buy the new version if you want it to work properly"
pimpmonkey2382.313: They have no way of actually doing that. :P
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64_Expansion_Pak
Just do that. :P
Post edited July 18, 2016 by omega64