It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: Can anyone please look into making Wuppo run on Wine? I'm not that professional Wine user to find it out by myself. ;)
JudasIscariot: I'll take a look at it when I get home :)
Thanks. :)
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Rayman 3 - Hoodlum Havoc
I guess you are going for the long form? Format should be similar to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition.
JudasIscariot: I'll take a look at it when I get home :)
Silverhawk170485: Thanks. :)
And nope, can't get it to run as it keeps crashing with "out of memory" errors. I filed a bug so hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish :)
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Rayman 3 - Hoodlum Havoc
Gydion: I guess you are going for the long form? Format should be similar to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition.
Updated it.
Silverhawk170485: Thanks. :)
JudasIscariot: And nope, can't get it to run as it keeps crashing with "out of memory" errors. I filed a bug so hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish :)
Too bad. But thaks for your effort.

I tried out different versions of Wine too but I had always the same issue. I thought it has something to do with dependencies of the game but I don't know how to figure them out.
JudasIscariot: And nope, can't get it to run as it keeps crashing with "out of memory" errors. I filed a bug so hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish :)
So I'm not the only one, tried this morning and also got that.

Used 64bit with DX10/11 installed
Silverhawk170485: Too bad. But thaks for your effort.

I tried out different versions of Wine too but I had always the same issue. I thought it has something to do with dependencies of the game but I don't know how to figure them out.
One thing it definitely needs is "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" because otherwise I see HLSL compiler failures in my terminal output.

As for any other dependencies, I am not sure what else it might need as most GameMaker games, such as Downwell, usually run with just d3dcompiler_43 installed :/
te_lanus: So I'm not the only one, tried this morning and also got that.

Used 64bit with DX10/11 installed
Just an FYI: the game is 32-bit so you may want to use a WoW64 or 32-bit prefix :)
Post edited February 16, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Gydion: I guess you are going for the long form? Format should be similar to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition.
Spy_Gentleman: Updated it.
Thanks. The approximate time spent with each version is part of the long form format. It would be good if you could add that.
Also, updated.
Any luck with Grandia 2 now that Wine 2 is here?
Does Little King's Story run well in wine?

I'd also be interested to know if Grandia 2 works.
Edit: I didn't get Grandia 2 to work in Wine 2.1 staging on Ubuntu 16.04.2
Post edited February 21, 2017 by ZaineH
I can confirm the same results using Wineskin in OSX 10.11 under Wine 2.2, no graphic bugs. The only flaw I find is one that's shared commonly among Wine with GC2, and that's the font being cut off and ugly every now and then for some reason. Still readable though.

EDIT: Above issue is fixed by switching the windows version to Win98. All is perfect.

Incidentally, has anyone attempted Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition yet?
Post edited March 12, 2017 by Projectsonic
Projectsonic: Incidentally, has anyone attempted Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition yet?
Yeah, I have...the last time I tried it, it was with one of the later 1.9.xx builds. The game ran just fine, but when you entered into 3D tactical combat the game suffered from severe graphical problems; ships would look like jagged collections of black and grey triangles, if they'd even render at all.

It might be worth trying again with Wine 2.2, or the latest version of staging.
Projectsonic: Incidentally, has anyone attempted Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition yet?
rampancy: Yeah, I have...the last time I tried it, it was with one of the later 1.9.xx builds. The game ran just fine, but when you entered into 3D tactical combat the game suffered from severe graphical problems; ships would look like jagged collections of black and grey triangles, if they'd even render at all.

It might be worth trying again with Wine 2.2, or the latest version of staging.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit doesn't feature 3D tactical combat though :)
rampancy: Game: Galactic Civilizations 2 - Ultimate Edition
Installer MD5: 2782a435717bc7476644855dee4500c2
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16336
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/galactic-civilizations-ii-ultimate-edition
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA X3100 (144 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested:
wine 2.0-rc6 (3-4 hours) via Wineskin
wine 2.0-rc5 (3-4 hours) via Wineskin
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (<1.0 hours) via Wineskin

Winetricks Needed: dxdiagn, devenum; use UseGLSL=disable only to boost graphics performance, if the game seems slow.

Install Notes: None.

How Well Does It Run: Perfectly (so far), on vanilla wine (there was no difference between 2.0-rc5 and 2.0-rc6). On wine-staging the game seems to crash immediately on launch with what looks like memory allocation errors in my winelog. I've played a couple of hours in free-play mode, tried mods, and loading/saving games; everything (including cutscenes and music) seems to work as expected. The graphical glitches reported earlier (Bug #36956) don't seem to be present (this seems to be caused only by the built-in dxdiagn, as noted by Gydion). The only feature I have not tried is online multiplayer. The game works well with or without the Native Mac Driver enabled.

As a note, I have not (yet?) encountered the out-of-memory errors reported in the AppDB. However, this seems to be an issue with the game itself and how it handles games on very large maps with a high number of AI civilizations.
Projectsonic: I can confirm the same results using Wineskin in OSX 10.11 under Wine 2.2, no graphic bugs. The only flaw I find is one that's shared commonly among Wine with GC2, and that's the font being cut off and ugly every now and then for some reason. Still readable though.

Incidentally, has anyone attempted Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition yet?
I have and you will need both .NET 4.0 and XNA 4.0 winetricks to get it to run. Haven't tried getting controller support working for it but I imagine it just requires dropping the xinpu1_3.dll and x360ce profile in the same directory as the executable :)
Post edited February 21, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Sword of the Stars: The Pit doesn't feature 3D tactical combat though :)
I was about to write a reply to you with screenshots when I realized I'd completely misread that post and thought he was talking about the original Sword of the Stars. :P

But yeah, I've been able to run SOTS: The Pit very well on my own Mac, with all of the DLC, using .NET 4 and XNA 4.
Post edited February 21, 2017 by rampancy
Quick update, I took another look at current versions of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky games. I was able to have working videos with Wine 2.2, winetricks amstream quartz xvid, and adding an override for winegstreamer set to disabled. I'll see if I can't do a proper report in the next week or so.

Spy_Gentleman: Updated it.
Still needs the time tested with each particular version, thanks. Additionally, the broken link in BloodRayne 2 report.
rampancy: I was about to write a reply to you with screenshots when I realized I'd completely misread that post and thought he was talking about the original Sword of the Stars. :P
Forget if I mentioned this before, but it works just fine for me with a NVIDIA GPU. A Staging build with CSMT is a huge win for even mid-game battles even if it does add a bit of chop to the galaxy map.
Post edited February 22, 2017 by Gydion