It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gydion: Also, do you know what specific Intel HD it is? I believe they vary in their capabilities.
ciemnogrodzianin: Sorry, but not sure. Only enigmatic "Intel® HD Graphics for 4th Generation Intel® Processors". I was looking for some exact code or sth, but it's a huge mess with these chipsets, never discovered.
For Intel Integraded Graphics you only need to know the processor number. Then you also know the GPU data. A good source for specifications of Intel processors, integrated GPUs and other Intel hardware is https://ark.intel.com.
Post edited February 04, 2019 by eiii
eiii: For Intel Integraded Graphics you only need to know the processor number. Then you also know the GPU data. A good source for specifications of Intel processors, integrated GPUs and other Intel hardware is https://ark.intel.com.
Yup, that's the way I understood that and that's also the reason I thought "Pentium 3550M with integrated Intel HD Graphics" is enough (or at least I don't know more and don't know how to find out more).
I know the page, I visited them searching for some short fancy codename of my chipset long time ago ;)
Game: Pro Pinball Fantastic Journey
Version: GOG 1.0
Installer MD5: ae9fecbe7e7ed8835d720a0bf48ad313
setup_pro_pinball_-_fantastic_journey_1.0_(19164).exe

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 Bionic Beaver | Mate | 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.20 32-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: WineHQ (unfortunatelly, their form disallows test reports for Wine older than 4.0

Install notes: Installs correctly, 4 traditional GOG runtime errors displayed at the end of process. No impact on installetion result ("successful") or gameplay.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and well performance. No sound issues described in other WineHQ reports.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux (without their predefined scripts).
Is judas gone?
clarry: Is judas gone?
Probably just forbidden to talk to the community, same as @linuxvangog.
did anybody success at running fallout nv under latest wine (non-staging branch)?
Gekko_Dekko: did anybody success at running fallout nv under latest wine (non-staging branch)?
Are you asking in generally or do you have a specific issue running the game?

I remember the game refusing to run unless you set "winegstreamer" to disabled.
Post edited February 10, 2019 by Ganni1987
Game: Book of Demons
Installer MD5: setup_book_of_demons_1.00.18088_(27229).exe ade96e7926bef48b74efb302cf1d375c
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.7
Kernel version: 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.107
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.0.

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux/Lutris, start the game from/create shortcut for "r2g_launcher.exe"

EDIT: Got to level 5, which is needed for online play, and it'll connect, but doubt it works. When I tested it it told me I won but there was no opponent
Post edited March 04, 2019 by te_lanus
I noticed that some GOG installers (like one for The Saboteur) also install DirectX 9 without even asking. This makes the game not use built in wined3d and obscures testing scenarios. Is the only way to avoid that to unpack the game with innoextract and just "install" it manually or to simply delete those dlls after installation? I wonder which other games are doing it.

I'm now checking my prefixes after using GOG installers, to make sure no native dlls were added without explicitly asking.
Post edited February 12, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: Probably just forbidden to talk to the community, same as @linuxvangog.
Now I get it.

What happened? Care to explain, shmerl?
Gekko_Dekko: did anybody success at running fallout nv under latest wine (non-staging branch)?
I strongly recommend using Adam's wrapper since it has a mod loader integrated and works very well:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adamhms_linux_wine_wrappers_news_faq_discussion/post3

I finished the game with it.
shmerl: Probably just forbidden to talk to the community, same as @linuxvangog.
I noticed that as well since he doesn't reply to my offerings of German versions anymore.
It's likely that community communication ban has something to do with Linko's demise.
Public communication is a minefield these days.
Post edited February 12, 2019 by Klumpen0815
victorchopin: What happened? Care to explain, shmerl?
It's just my guess. I know for example CD Projekt Red communication with the community became a lot worse, especially on the topic of Linux support. May be GOG was affected by the same higher ups who forbade communication, given that GOG are de-priortizing Galaxy for Linux, and people are often complaining about that.

But I really have no idea about the reasons, just know that linuxvangog and Judas himself practically stopped talking here and on reddit for example. That's in strong contrast to @linuxvangog before trying to be more communicative and helpful to Linux community.
Klumpen0815: It's likely that community communication ban has something to do with Linko's demise.
Who is Linko? I'm not familiar with what happened.
Klumpen0815: It's likely that community communication ban has something to do with Linko's demise.
shmerl: Who is Linko? I'm not familiar with what happened.
Linko90 was our last community manager. He got fired for using the wrong hashtag on GOG's Twitter account and causing a shitstorm. This happened fairly recently.

Part of the story can be found in the first post of this thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/linko_confirmed_to_be_fired_from_gog/page1

Unfortunately GOG deleted the thread that was explaining everything in detail for those who missed it:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/to_those_wondering_about_linko90s_fate

He got also doxxed and his parents got harassed.
Post edited February 12, 2019 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: He got also doxxed and his parents got harassed.
I see this article: https://lulz.com/gog-linko-hashtag-wontbeerased-fired-1859/

That's really a bad way for GOG to react to aggressive internet trolls, who can't tolerate usage of hashtags and think they own them.

Though it makes sense, that such kind of incidents could cause CDPR and GOG to cut all communication. It's not the first incident. The previous worsening happened after The Witcher 3 downgrade "outrage". CDPR really dealt with it in the worst possible manner - just stopped talking to the community.
shmerl: snip
Oh I get it. Probably they're busy as heck ;P

shmerl: Who is Linko? I'm not familiar with what happened.
I wasn't aware either. Not up my alley, though. But I miss Judas and the gang lurking the area for sure.

Klumpen0815: He got also doxxed and his parents got harassed.
Yikes.
Thanks for the info you both!
Post edited February 12, 2019 by victorchopin