It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone here tried IGI 2: Covert Strike in WINE?

Edit: Would be nice to know if anyone got RIME working too, so I know if I should buy enough for it to unlock in the sale. Appdb-results are not looking too good, but there might be hope with DXVK, eh?
Post edited June 09, 2018 by Random_Coffee
Originally posted in wrong thread:

My personal wine experience, out of recent:

Major issues:
Seven Kingdoms 2 (both hd and classic) is completely broken - game's menu work, but game itself is full of visual artifacts.
Nations Gold (a.k.a alien nations 2) - game itself works, but extremely (about 16 fps) slow (also freeze each few seconds), plus cursor seems to flicker.

Minor issues:
Titan Quest Anniversary seems to have random micro-freezes, unrelated to fps (on both intel and nvidia gpus).
Spellforce - Platinum Edition has some weird controls issues - pressing tab cause game to close; sometimes controls glitch out completely (e.g you can move your camera, but cant select any unit. Even if you will log out to menu and select another map - problem persists. Only restart helps).

Wine 3.8
Post edited June 10, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Also:
Dragonshard feature audio glitches - every sound is doubled (for example - announcer begin phrase for like second, then start it again. "Con-Construction is complete" and so on, lol). Plus require to rebind controls - maybe I dont know wine well, but each of system (esc, f1-f12 and such) keys are identified as "alt+key" (so - default keybindings doesnt work).

Spore seems to have sound issues either (probs doesnt mix with default pulseaudio setup?).

Enclave. while isnt bugged, tend to change system's color scheme (which remain this way after exit). Its not that hard to run xgamma each time after game's closeup, but still bother me (since I prefer to play in windowed mode and, with changed colors, everything is so damn bright).

Serious Sam - The First Encounter feature invisible walls with directx set as renderer (and, if I change it to opengl - screen just turn black). Atleast on intel hd graphics.

And, at the end of this list - Risen doesnt seem to work on both intel HD graphics and gtx 850m - crash on launch with error, related to physx.
Post edited June 10, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Gekko_Dekko: And, at the end of this list - Risen doesnt seem to work on both intel HD graphics and gtx 850m - crash on launch with error, related to physx.
For this one you may need to install the Windows PhysX package to run it. The game works perfectly under Wine with Nvidia, I played it from start to end.
Post edited June 10, 2018 by Ganni1987
Dead Space

Anyway to "fix" Dead Space so it installs and runs properly on the latest version of Wine?

I recently tried installing it and got a runtime error. The installation wizard said that the game installed successfully, so I launched it.

The screen resolution changed and the mouse disappeared but I could see the desktop two black bars, one on the right and one on the left.

I alt+tabbed to another window (the Pictures folder) and back. A black square shows up on the left top corner of my screen blocking out that section of my desktop and after I closed Dead Space, it disappeared.

I looked in the game's forum and saw no mention of it being run on Wine and I'll post this in that section so people could see what happens when you try to run it on Wine and whether the crowd there has any solutions.

I'm going to head over to the Wine database and see whether there are any proposed solutions.
vidsgame: Dead Space

Anyway to "fix" Dead Space so it installs and runs properly on the latest version of Wine?

I recently tried installing it and got a runtime error. The installation wizard said that the game installed successfully, so I.......
Dead Space runs perfectly in Wine for me, I play it from time to time. Most of the GOG installers will throw an error at the end of the installation, but the files copy correctly nonetheless.

My Wine Config is as follows:

1) Wine Version - 3.7 Non Staging (using 3.9 or 3.9 Staging shouldn't make any difference for this game)
2) Libraries Tab (Overrides) - None
3) Graphics Tab - All 4 of them ticked (Virtual Desktop set to monitor's native 1920x1080)

In game issues you might encounter:

1) Turning Camera / Aiming is too slow - Turn the ingame VSync on.

2) Game crashes when you try to save - This is a game issue which is also present on some Windows configurations, the fix is to download a savegame file and overwrite it. More info here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825754418

I'm not far into the game, only Chapter 2 but I've had no issues besides the ones mentioned above.
Post edited June 10, 2018 by Ganni1987
vidsgame: Dead Space

I recently tried installing it and got a runtime error. The installation wizard said that the game installed successfully, so I.......
Ganni1987: Dead Space runs perfectly in Wine for me, I play it from time to time. Most of the GOG installers will throw an error at the end of the installation, but the files copy correctly nonetheless.

My Wine Config is as follows:

1) Wine Version - 3.7 Non Staging (using 3.9 or 3.9 Staging shouldn't make any difference for this game)
2) Libraries Tab (Overrides) - None
3) Graphics Tab - All 4 of them ticked (Virtual Desktop set to monitor's native 1920x1080)

In game issues you might encounter:

1) Turning Camera / Aiming is too slow - Turn the ingame VSync on.

2) Game crashes when you try to save - This is a game issue which is also present on some Windows configurations, the fix is to download a savegame file and overwrite it. More info here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825754418

I'm not far into the game, only Chapter 2 but I've had no issues besides the ones mentioned above.
I have the latest stable version of Wine.

I'm relatively new to Linux so I'm a bit apprehensive about downloading any versions that might be unstable.

I'm currently on Linux Mint 18.3

I've configured the winecfg and I'm going to give Dead Space a go.

Update: I get the same issue after changing the settings in winecfg.
Post edited June 11, 2018 by vidsgame
Solus Project

I played at least an hour or two of this game on my laptop on low graphic settings

No discrete gpu.

Intel i5 4210U

Linux Mint 18.3

Latest Stable Wine.

It runs slow and lags just a tiny bit (most likely because of my hardware) but otherwise stable. I could only imagine what this would run like in modern day quad core laptops. No problems and surprisingly playable. Good game too. Some older games like Dead Space are giving me a hard time but this relatively modern game runs perfectly. Gotta give it up for the optimization. I'm unsure but maybe it uses Vulkan.
Gekko_Dekko: And, at the end of this list - Risen doesnt seem to work on both intel HD graphics and gtx 850m - crash on launch with error, related to physx.
Ganni1987: For this one you may need to install the Windows PhysX package to run it. The game works perfectly under Wine with Nvidia, I played it from start to end.
via winetricks? Coz installer already came bundled with physX
Post edited June 12, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Pangaea666: Is there anything to be done about it?
Ganni1987: Unfortunately not much at the moment and quite a few games are affected by it. All 32bit software have this limitation of 4GB Virtual Address Space, it's an architecture limitation so you can't do anything about that. You can sometimes delay the crash a bit longer by reducing the graphics details.

Maybe if Linux addresses the VAS more efficiently, that might solve the issue but I'm unaware how that can be accomplished.
That is bad news :( I've kept tabs on it via htop recently, and virtual memory usage is close to 3 GB the instant I fire up the game and log in. Pretty soon it's 3.5 GB, and getting close to the threshold. On big missions like the Labyrinth there is a real risk of not being able to play through it before the game crashes.

Would love to see a way to tackle this so I was able to play for more than around an hour. Less now than it was due to bigger maps I reckon.

I have reduced graphic settings and also turned off post-processing (didn't see reduction in memory usage though), but is there anything else I can do?

I made a post about it on the official forum, but no replies yet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980/page/195
Ganni1987: For this one you may need to install the Windows PhysX package to run it. The game works perfectly under Wine with Nvidia, I played it from start to end.
Gekko_Dekko: via winetricks? Coz installer already came bundled with physX
From the installer that came bundled.
Gekko_Dekko: via winetricks? Coz installer already came bundled with physX
Ganni1987: From the installer that came bundled.
weird. I've installed physx from installer during installation (lol), but game keeps crashing on launch
Pangaea666: I have reduced graphic settings and also turned off post-processing (didn't see reduction in memory usage though), but is there anything else I can do?
Yeah, new clean 64-bit prefix and run it with 64-bit client, 'PathOfExile_x64.exe'. No 4GB VAS limit. Alternatively, I suppose you could get them to fix the leak(s). ;)
Did anybody try Lego Star Wars on latest (I think, it released few days ago) version of wine? They said something about bugfixes for this game - wonder if its related to contols situation (on wine 3.8 - you cant play properly, since, for some reason, it double controls of one player to another, making you control both characters together)
Pangaea666: I have reduced graphic settings and also turned off post-processing (didn't see reduction in memory usage though), but is there anything else I can do?
Gydion: Yeah, new clean 64-bit prefix and run it with 64-bit client, 'PathOfExile_x64.exe'. No 4GB VAS limit. Alternatively, I suppose you could get them to fix the leak(s). ;)
Holy shit! I hadn't noticed there was a _x64 file. I already have the game in a 64-bit virtual drive. Will switching to using the _x64 simply work then? That would be great!

Not sure if I have room on the SSD to set up another drive with a 64-bit version (the game is big), where I can perhaps fiddle around with DXVK and such.

Btw, more generally, I see wine-staging 3.10 is out. Know if there are any big improvements there that may be relevant for e.g. Witcher 3?
Gekko_Dekko: Did anybody try Lego Star Wars on latest (I think, it released few days ago) version of wine? They said something about bugfixes for this game - wonder if its related to contols situation (on wine 3.8 - you cant play properly, since, for some reason, it double controls of one player to another, making you control both characters together)
Found some info about the latest version, so maybe this entry would help?

38816 Multiple games require XInput gamepad support (Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Broforce, Dead Space, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga)
Post edited June 13, 2018 by Pangaea666