It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gogtrial34987: Due to the wondrous nature of gog forum bugs, you should being links with a space when including two or more in the same line, otherwise they'll be parsed badly and come out entirely messed up.
BAH. Thanks for letting me know. It feels like I've spent more time trying to fix the bloody URL formatting in this post, than I have actually testing the game to write it up. :P
adamhm: Game: Dead Space
Installer MD5s:
718ee5d98333b19978f7cfc0ce62eb34 setup_dead_space_2.0.0.2-1.bin
3306b2cf7f998a9cd8fddda2a4a97103 setup_dead_space_2.0.0.2-2.bin
f9ca3172a2cf3df1d80dcc6fd9dc3be1 setup_dead_space_2.0.0.2-3.bin
2c9ac2bd81818817c61b1efc3d9d7044 setup_dead_space_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=8621
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/dead-space

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-31
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 367.27
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.14 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for "Dead Space.exe"
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: Played for a while, no issues with it so far except that it messes up display brightness then fails to restore original settings on exit like some other games (corrected the same way as for those other games - just open the "NVIDIA X Server Settings" tool after playing).

However there are some issues with the game itself that need some tweaks to fix (it's borderline unplayable without). Details here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232050455

Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.
One more technical issue with this game (also present on Windows): On some systems the game will crash when you try to save. To resolve this, download a savegame from someone (or some website) and overwrite it when you save the game.

The game can hold up to 20 slots, the files should be named: ds_slot_01.deadspacesaved, ds_slot_02.deadspacesaved and so on. The files should be placed in "~/Documents/Electronic Arts/Dead Space/".
Post edited May 07, 2018 by Ganni1987
Game: Bad Mojo Redux
Version: GOG v. 2.0.0.3 EN
Installer MD5:
- aedcb9e57bf5c6e692b889d3c21c4d12 setup_badmojo_2.0.0.3.exe

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-122-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.7 32-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3127

Install notes: Installs correctly. Installed with PlayOnLinux (but without any script or predefined settings; as a non-listed application). During installation process it is important to install also QuickTime - GOG classic installer does it by default. No further actions needed.
How well does it run: Perfect. The game has been completed, both ending checked. No issues.
Details: I recommend lowering destop resolution to play fullscreen, otherwise the game is displayed in small centered window.
Post edited May 21, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
I'm trying to run Tender Loving Care, but just after welcome screen and clicking "Begin" I've got black screen instead of a movie. I hear the sound, but the screen is black. Someone faced the same problem perhaps? Any ideas?

OK, got it. Game needs --disable-gpu argument to run properly. Thanks, Klumpen0815!
Post edited May 08, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
Game: Tender Loving Care
Version: GOG v. 1.0 EN
Installer MD5:
- 513ddf468e0bd8d6eb9e8f6c1c6bf50b setup_tender_loving_care_1.0_(12852).exe

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-122-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.7 64-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=36234&sAllBugs

Install notes: Installs correctly. Installed with PlayOnLinux (but without any script or predefined settings; as a non-listed application). A few runtime errors appeared at the end of installation process (quite usual GOG installers' behaviour), but they have no impact on how the game works.
But remember - the game (TLC.exe) needs to be launched with --disable-gpu argument. Startint plain TLC.exe caused black screen (sound-only) movies for me.

How well does it run: In general - it works ok.
I've faced a few times some sound glitches - it was somehow related with speed of playing movies, but it was enough to pause a movie or rew a few seconds to fix it.

Details: Beware - the game offers only one saving slot and sometimes freezes - when game is frozen, exit the game and do not save. Saving in such situation will made you start from the very beginning. I'm not sure if the issue is somehow related with Linux/Wine or perhaps it just work like that in Windows also.
Post edited May 21, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Bad Mojo Redux
Can you include a link to the previous report, thanks.
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10135 (awaiting my version & report to be accepted)
Did this get rejected or is it still in the queue? If it's still waiting I would ask about it on the website portion of the forum. The reports for the other two are live by the way.
Post edited May 10, 2018 by Gydion
Gydion: Did this get rejected or is it still in the queue? If it's still waiting I would ask about it on the website portion of the forum. The reports for the other two are live by the way.
Amerzone was rejected at first (for using "everything", which in case of such a simple game without multiplayer, game modes and options seems quite appropriate to me), but I've edited my result. For some reason I can still find it on Rejected list. Perhaps I don't know how to process it further, but clicking Submit seems to change nothing except my changes being saved.

By the way - I want you to know that I'm reporting to WineHQ only because of you and people from this forum asked for that. In general I hate WineHQ, I hate their system, process, reaction times, no contact point and the way they handle problems. Considering that I can understand why most of reports are outdated. It's just not user friendly and I also decided a few times to stop posting there. I'm still trying because you asked and because I use their reports and want to give back...

For Bad Mojo - I've received a few positive notifications recently, indeed. I'll check them and edit as soon as I'll be home.
...anyone know if eden* works in WINE?
...anyone resolved graphic issues with Shelter?
So eden* works in WINE; quite well in fact. The only problem is that fonts in the game are messed up; any capitalized letters are instead rendered as empty boxes. I've tried winetricks corefonts but that doesn't seem to help.
ciemnogrodzianin: ...anyone resolved graphic issues with Shelter?
Check the ./play.it thread, I updated the script since your last report so it should work around this issue.
vv221: Check the ./play.it thread, I updated the script since your last report so it should work around this issue.
The solution worked - for a while. After restarting the game - I've got exactly the same bug.
By the way - I had similar situation before (the game started properly after some config changes). That made me think that there must be some proper configuration, but unfortunatelly it looks that even, if I manage to run the game correctly, is just by accident and such effect disappears after game is restarted. Strange.
Ganni1987: Just a general observation with some modern 32bit games on Wine: They tend to crash once the virtual memory hits 4GB. A couple of them that come to mind are:

Path of Exile: This one's well optimized, took me 3 hours straight of gameplay to get it to crash.
A couple of friends have started playing Path of Exile and although I'm not a fan of action RPGs and mana, figured I could at least check it out -- seeing as it's free and not of the "pay to win" type. Only mention I could find in here is the above quoted post, from December 2016, so fairly old. Does the game run well on Linux, and do I have to jump many hoops to get it running?
Ganni1987: Just a general observation with some modern 32bit games on Wine: They tend to crash once the virtual memory hits 4GB. A couple of them that come to mind are:

Path of Exile: This one's well optimized, took me 3 hours straight of gameplay to get it to crash.
Pangaea666: A couple of friends have started playing Path of Exile and although I'm not a fan of action RPGs and mana, figured I could at least check it out -- seeing as it's free and not of the "pay to win" type. Only mention I could find in here is the above quoted post, from December 2016, so fairly old. Does the game run well on Linux, and do I have to jump many hoops to get it running?
No hoops required, just a few limitations though: DX9 and 32bit client. it runs quite well though :-)
Pangaea666: A couple of friends have started playing Path of Exile and although I'm not a fan of action RPGs and mana, figured I could at least check it out -- seeing as it's free and not of the "pay to win" type. Only mention I could find in here is the above quoted post, from December 2016, so fairly old. Does the game run well on Linux, and do I have to jump many hoops to get it running?
Ganni1987: No hoops required, just a few limitations though: DX9 and 32bit client. it runs quite well though :-)
Good to hear. Do you have some kind of recipe for how I go about it? Or a link to one? I looked up the game on playonlinux, but the 'approved' script is from 2012, so waaaaay out of date.

I'll try to get it working, but given my lack of skills with such things, there is a pretty good chance it won't work unless it works out-of-the-box.