It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rampancy: Has anyone been able to get The Suffering or The Suffering: The Ties that Bind working in WINE?

Out of the box, the game freezes on a black screen in WINE 2.19 (OS X 10.7/GMA X3100 graphics). According to the AppDB, the game is rated Gold; all you need to do is install wmvcore.dll, which is a part of wmp10; unfortunately, wmp10 doesn't seem to work in winetricks for some odd reason.
Themken: Do the games run on that iGPU?! :-O <off to test on my own laptop with the same chip>
Pretty much anything that was released in the early-to-mid 2000's-ish should run on a GMA x3100/GMA 950, provided that the graphical settings (and the user's expectations) are set accordingly of course. The only exceptions in my case have been Delta Force: Black Hawk Down and Quake 4. FEAR Platinum runs just fine, albeit on 800 x 500 with minimum graphical settings.

Edit: DF:BHD actually works pretty well on my MacBook with GMA x3100 graphics with newer 2.1x builds of WINE and with glsl disabled. Go figure.
Post edited October 31, 2017 by rampancy
Game: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Installer MD5: 32070d5a0bb535878be7717df82abc08 setup_call_of_cthulhu_1.0_(14415).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&amp;iId=3981

Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.13.0-32
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 17.3.2 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0 (with CSMT enabled)

Install notes: Install & play, mostly. For videos to work you need to install WMP9 and devenum
Add an override for dinput8 (native, builtin) to use the widescreen fix (I recommend deleting modupdater.asi as it was found to cause crashes with other games)
How well does it run: Perfect, as far as I can tell
Details: Seems to run great so far, although I've not fully played through it yet - there are no signs of any obvious issues, at least.

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth/call_of_cthulhu_dcote_for_linux
Post edited February 08, 2018 by adamhm
adamhm: Game: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Seems to run great so far, although I've never played this game before - there are no sign of any obvious issues, at least. The game seemed to feel a bit stuttery with 2.10-staging so I used 2.0-staging instead (as I limit the number of different versions I use for my wrappers & currently use only 2.0 or 2.10 staging builds unless another is strictly necessary).
CSMT or no CSMT? Staging 2.3 is better than 2.0. Well more fixes/features, but no performance regressions IIRC.

Also, they were asking about any movies over here?
Post edited November 06, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: CSMT or no CSMT? Staging 2.3 is better than 2.0. Well more fixes/features, but no performance regressions IIRC.
CSMT of course... I just forgot to mention as I always enable it by default here & don't really think much about it now unless it causes problems. I use 2.0-staging as it's closest to stable while still featuring CSMT and most of my other wrappers use that, and 2.10 because it was required by something else already. When 3.0 releases I'll re-test & look into moving as much as possible (hopefully everything) over to that or 3.0-staging though.
Also, they were asking about any movies over here?
Now that you mention it, videos weren't working; I just didn't notice because none of them seem to be of any importance to the gameplay (title & "attract" videos, credits, some bonus concept art videos etc). I've figured out how to fix them now anyway - they need native WMP9 and devenum to work. I've updated my report and wrapper accordingly.
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Dungeon Rats
Version 1.0.6
Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-79-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22
Install notes: Installs properly. Requires d3dcompiler and devenum. Game started with DR64.exe.
How well does it run: Perfect. Game completed without any significant problem.
Details: There are small graphical artifacts visible in part of locations (black squares between floor and walls). It does not affect the gameplay and it's the only problem you should expect as a Linux/Wine user.
JudasIscariot: You may want to update to the 2.X series of Wine, 1.9.22 might be missing fixes that fix the graphical artifacts but I am not sure. It's always good to test against the latest development version...
I've just checked on 2.20-staging and that black graphical artifacts are still there.
ciemnogrodzianin: I've just checked on 2.20-staging and that black graphical artifacts are still there.
How about an updated report including the current file hash of the installer and the AppDB link (both required), thanks.
Game: NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Version: GOG 1.1 PL
Installer MD5:
- b73b21e5c256b5305187a2e229ecd21a setup_necrovision_lost_company_polish_1.1_(16263).exe
- 215e199f604ee179ec62f0c245513809 setup_necrovision_lost_company_polish_1.1_(16263)-1.bin

Kernel version: 4.4.0-98-generic x86_64
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.20-staging
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=35988

Install notes: Installs correctly. No errors, nor warnings. No libraries added, pure Wine.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and good performance.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. Performance is more than OK. Game started and few first chapters completed without any issues. I didn't check multiplayer. Only single player is tested and, please, note that game has not been completed yet.
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Installer MD5:
- b73b21e5c256b5305187a2e229ecd21a setup_necrovision_lost_company_polish_1.1_(16263).exe
- 215e199f604ee179ec62f0c245513809 setup_necrovision_lost_company_polish_1.1_(16263)-1.bin

Kernel version: 4.4.0-98-generic x86_64
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=35988

Install notes: Installs correctly. No errors, nor warnings. No libraries added, pure Wine.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and good performance.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. Performance is more than OK. Game started and few first chapters completed without any issues. I didn't check multiplayer. Only single player is tested and, please, note that game has not been completed yet.
Really? It didn't work for me also with Wine 2.20 Staging. Though I'm on Arch Linux and I've got an Nvidia card, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

By the way, did the missions take a really long time to load by any chance? It's not that the game crashed, but that it seemed to hang up when loading the first mission. Maybe I was just impatient? :P
muntdefems: Really? It didn't work for me also with Wine 2.20 Staging. Though I'm on Arch Linux and I've got an Nvidia card, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

By the way, did the missions take a really long time to load by any chance? It's not that the game crashed, but that it seemed to hang up when loading the first mission. Maybe I was just impatient? :P
Really.
There was some reports (regarding N1, not N:LS, by the way) regarding directx9 (or dx10) issues. So I've expected problems and made clear, 64-bit installation without any libraries to add them step-by-step later (in my case it's just monkey job, because I usually do not understand what am I doing;). I was surprised that game started at the first attempt and runs really nice without any further tricks. I didn't noticed overlong loading times.

Edit: I run the game with NecroVisioN.exe file (and not Necrovision_d9.exe or something like that) - which is obvious consequence of my approach described above.
Post edited November 11, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: Really.
There was some reports (regarding N1, not N:LS, by the way) regarding directx9 (or dx10) issues. So I've expected problems and made clear, 64-bit installation without any libraries to add them step-by-step later (in my case it's just monkey job, because I usually do not understand what am I doing;). I was surprised that game started at the first attempt and runs really nice without any further tricks. I didn't noticed overlong loading times.
Hmmm... I also got the original NecroVision to run by disabling the d3d10 and d3d11 libraries and installing d3dx9 via winetricks. I probably did the same for Lost Company, can't remember. I'll just try it again on a clean 64-bit prefix like you did.
Nope, worse still. Now the game crashes immediately when running NecroVisioN.exe. Oh, well...
muntdefems: Nope, worse still. Now the game crashes immediately when running NecroVisioN.exe. Oh, well...
Did you tried lowering graphical level a bit? I've just checked and by default I've got textures on "medium" and some of options disabled. Perhaps some specific advanced graphical effect causes the problem?

By the way, it's ironic that the game starts with your graphic card producer logo...
ciemnogrodzianin: Did you tried lowering graphical level a bit? I've just checked and by default I've got textures on "medium" and some of options disabled. Perhaps some specific advanced graphical effect causes the problem?
No, I didn't. I've already deleted everything from my HDD, so I'll try it next time.

ciemnogrodzianin: By the way, it's ironic that the game starts with your graphic card producer logo...
Indeed. :P

Plus, the first NecroVision worked like a charm with everything up to 11, so I don't know what could be the issue here...
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Added, thanks. Was this with CSMT enabled or disabled?
Gydion: Added, thanks. Was this with CSMT enabled or disabled?
Are you trying to insult me? :) Tell me, please, how to check that, and I'll let you know, ok?

And by the way:
ciemnogrodzianin: I've just checked on 2.20-staging and that black graphical artifacts are still there.
Gydion: How about an updated report including the current file hash of the installer and the AppDB link (both required), thanks.
I'm working on it. I've submitted my test results to WineHQ, but application version I've created is still "on hold". I have terrible experience with WineHQ moderators and you should know that I'm doing that only because of you and your valuable thread ;)