It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FYI, they have the new WineHQ build server up. It's not quite live yet and I believe there will be some minor changes tomorrow. They are now packaging stable builds as well as keeping older builds, AFAICT, (going forward).

muntdefems: ...
I guess you also don't acknowledge the muntdefems' signal?
Post edited March 31, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: ...
Done.
adamhm: from what Rixasha said the builtin version apparently works better for him, at least in the case of Mirror's Edge.
My system openal is setup with hrtf for positional audio with headphones. With wine using its builtin openal, this just works.

I suppose that it would be possible to do the same with the windows-native openal, but it requires a new enough openal-soft library, hrtf data files, some extra configuration that I'm not at all sure how to do in windows, and wine probably complicates the setup further. I hope they're not getting rid of the builtin openal support, although I guess there are not really that many games that use it.
adamhm: Game: Deus Ex GOTY
Would you happen to know how GMDx runs in Wine? All this talk of Revision makes me want to attempt GMDx again, but I'm not sure because it appears to use it's own renderer.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by Projectsonic
Projectsonic: Would you happen to know how GMDx runs in Wine? All this talk of Revision makes me want to attempt GMDx again, but I'm not sure because it appears to use it's own renderer.
I haven't tried that
UsernamePassword: If someone have the following games in their library, can they tell me if they run:

Metro 2033 - becomes a zombie process on startup, cries about missing jack server, when jack server is launched, it still freezes
Arch, RX480, metro does not run.
adamhm: Game: Deus Ex GOTY
Projectsonic: Would you happen to know how GMDx runs in Wine? All this talk of Revision makes me want to attempt GMDx again, but I'm not sure because it appears to use it's own renderer.
I tried GMDX around the time Revision first released (on Steam..) and it ran just fine, although I can't remember whether I had to do any tweaking or not.
Post edited April 09, 2017 by clarry
Hello there!

Just wanted to try out WINE (v2.5 Staging) and selected this as the test subject...

What I got is in the attachment. Any ideas, suggestions would be nice.
Attachments:
bump.jpg (325 Kb)
Alm888: Hello there!

Just wanted to try out WINE (v2.5 Staging) and selected this as the test subject...

What I got is in the attachment. Any ideas, suggestions would be nice.
The PlayOnLinux script installs POL_Install_d3dx9_36 and Set the OS to winxp. Look here
https://www.playonlinux.com/en/app-1278-GOGcom__Star_Wolves.html
TaxAkla: The PlayOnLinux script installs POL_Install_d3dx9_36 and Set the OS to winxp. Look here
https://www.playonlinux.com/en/app-1278-GOGcom__Star_Wolves.html
Thank you! But that's not it. I've already figured it out: you need to launch the game from its installation directory (or specify Path in the "desktop" launch file). Otherwise the game can not find some (but not all!) of its resources, among which are fonts and video files (1C logo and such).

As it turned out for this game there is no need to use Winetricks or add DirectX files at all! (I've tested on a separate clean prefix).
Saints Row 4 ?

(n.b. Apparently there are native Linux versions for the Saints Row games on Steam, but not at GOG. That's disappointing. It would be good to know whether any steps are being taken to remedy that?)
Shadowcat: Saints Row 4 ?

(n.b. Apparently there are native Linux versions for the Saints Row games on Steam, but not at GOG. That's disappointing. It would be good to know whether any steps are being taken to remedy that?)
Not native, but there are eON based ports. Don't bother if you have an AMD CPU though.
Post edited April 21, 2017 by king_mosiah
So does everything work on Wine :D
Has anyone tried Pathologic recently? There's a sale and I'm intrigued, but the wine appdb doesn't look promising.

te_lanus: So does everything work on Wine :D
No.
Shadowcat: Saints Row 4 ?

king_mosiah: Not native, but there are eON based ports. Don't bother if you have an AMD CPU though.
I run an AMD FX CPU and a Radeon 270X, played through the Linux release of Gat out of Hell on Arch without any problems whatsoever and wonder why I shouldn't have bothered doing that.
Post edited April 25, 2017 by Maighstir
Rixasha: Has anyone tried Pathologic recently? There's a sale and I'm intrigued, but the wine appdb doesn't look promising.
I've been playing Pathologic with wine 2.0+ without problems. Linux Mint 64 bits 18.1.