It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rampancy: Everything seems to work as expected, including music, ambient sounds, and saving/loading games. The intro cutscenes also do not play. Mods have not yet been tested.
I also tried it in Wine 1.8 and in Crossover (running patched 1.8.1), both with no overrides of any sort. It seems to work just fine. In Crossover there is flicker at the bottom of the screen when the intro cutscene is playing. In the stable version of Wine, there is no flicker, but I get a feeling it skips some frames.
rampancy: Everything seems to work as expected, including music, ambient sounds, and saving/loading games. The intro cutscenes also do not play. Mods have not yet been tested.
igrok: I also tried it in Wine 1.8 and in Crossover (running patched 1.8.1), both with no overrides of any sort. It seems to work just fine. In Crossover there is flicker at the bottom of the screen when the intro cutscene is playing. In the stable version of Wine, there is no flicker, but I get a feeling it skips some frames.
That's interesting; in my experience, the cutscenes did play but all that I got was the audio with a dark screen. I should have been more specific earlier, and I've changed my post to reflect this.

rampancy: As per instructions on the AppDB and reddit, I also set offscreenrenderingmode=fbo, and UseGLSL=disable in winetricks.
shmerl: May be it's OS X specific issue, but on Linux you don't need that.
Thanks to you both for the extra pointers; I've amended my post with your information.
Post edited May 01, 2016 by rampancy
igrok: In Crossover there is flicker at the bottom of the screen when the intro cutscene is playing. In the stable version of Wine, there is no flicker, but I get a feeling it skips some frames.
I get the flicker in Wine 1.9.8. Installing native d3dx9_36 fixes it.
Actually I just tried Bloodlines with newly released Wine 1.9.9 without native overrides, and flickering is gone! I'll update the entry in Wine AppDB.
Post edited May 01, 2016 by shmerl
Test results for Bloodlines submitted here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33667

A reminder: folks, please submit your test results to Wine AppDB. Otherwise no one will benefit from them besides few people who are reading this thread.
Post edited May 01, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: A reminder: folks, please submit your test results to Wine AppDB. Otherwise no one will benefit from them besides few people who are reading this thread.
I try but I still have submissions from feb that's not accepted :(
shmerl: A reminder: folks, please submit your test results to Wine AppDB. Otherwise no one will benefit from them besides few people who are reading this thread.
te_lanus: I try but I still have submissions from feb that's not accepted :(
Yeah, results can vary depending on maintainers. If you really care about that game, you can become one :) You can also ping Wine AppDB admins, it's their task to help with that I suppose.
Post edited May 02, 2016 by shmerl
Game: The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Installer MD5: a4a4b745c58c61820ffd77fd594ba7b8 setup_deadly_tower_of_monsters_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link:N/A

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.5.1-1
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.19
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.8

Install notes: Just install & play. You'll need to configure controller support with something like joy2key or xpadder.
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Played the whole tutorial and everything played, cutscenes and all. I did notice one weird thing and that is if you install and play the game in one prefix and then set up another prefix and install the game on that one and play it the game in the second prefix will have weird sound issues where you cannot change the sound levels so the music will be extremely loud while the director's commentary along with any other spoken speech will be lower than normal so make sure to install the game once and only once and in one prefix.
Post edited May 03, 2016 by JudasIscariot
anyone tried the new Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack?
te_lanus: anyone tried the new Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack?
Are you talking about the 2.0.0.3 installer (setup_sw_empire_at_war_gold_2.0.0.3.exe + 2 .bin files)?
If so it is anything but new, and ran flawlessly last time I tried it (must have been on WINE 1.6 or 1.8).
Well, I tried Skyshine's BEDLAM in Wine and the game does start and all buuuuuut the Options menu starts opened and you cannot close it at all. You can still interact with the various elements behind it but you will never be able to close it.

This makes the game very much unplayable in Wine.
JudasIscariot: Well, I tried Skyshine's BEDLAM in Wine and the game does start and all buuuuuut the Options menu starts opened and you cannot close it at all. You can still interact with the various elements behind it but you will never be able to close it.

Have you tried the new star wars game? Tried at a friends house, he has it running ok on his windows, but it runs way to fast on linux.
JudasIscariot: Well, I tried Skyshine's BEDLAM in Wine and the game does start and all buuuuuut the Options menu starts opened and you cannot close it at all. You can still interact with the various elements behind it but you will never be able to close it.

te_lanus: Have you tried the new star wars game? Tried at a friends house, he has it running ok on his windows, but it runs way to fast on linux.
No, I have not tried Shadows of the Empire via Wine yet.
Game: Simcity 2000 Special Edition
Installer MD5: df14bff3caa6fac2cfb54c1e16399e21 setup_sc2000_se_2.0.0.15.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: N/A

Distro: Archlinux 64 bits & Zorin OS 11 Ultimate
Kernel version: 4.5.1-1 & 4.2.0-36-generic
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7950
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary (catalyst-hook and fglrx)
Wine version(s) tested: Crossover & Wine 1.6.2 & Wine 1.9.9(-staging)

Install notes: Just install & play using Crossover & my crosstie. Wine gives me an awesome kernel panic.
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Played several hours on both Archlinux & Zorin OS (ubuntu 15.10 based). Works perfectly using crossover, crashes my system using wine. Even when using POL's patched version.
Amadren: Game: Simcity 2000 Special Edition
Why would you run it in Wine? It's a DOS game. Just extract the files with innoextract and play it in dosbox.