It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rampancy: And also, why is the AppDB not accepting PlayOnLinux reports?
Because PlayOnLinux isn't Wine itself. Just report Wine version which you use in PlayOnLinux for particular game. That should be OK. That's what I did so far.
Post edited March 11, 2016 by shmerl
dtgreene: Here are my two requests (which I've mentioned in other threads):

Shante and the Pirate's Curse
Guacamelee: Super Championship Turbo Edition
RE: Guacamelee

I am able to get the game running just fine but I can't for the life of me get controller support working via Wine. Getting controllers working under Wine has always been an issue for me as I can either get controller support going quickly (Super Time Force Ultra) or not at all.

If this were any other game I would let it go but with Guacamelee I really recommend playing it with a controller as the game requires multiple inputs simultaneously at times...
rampancy: And also, why is the AppDB not accepting PlayOnLinux reports?
shmerl: Because PlayOnLinux isn't Wine itself. Just report Wine version which you use in PlayOnLinux for particular game. That should be OK. That's what I did so far.
Just never write that you used PlayOnLinux, the AppDB team is a bit (too much?) focused on *no* third-party app at all.
Hey, my last reports got rejected because I didn’t install the game through WINE but extracted the data via innoextract/unzip/unar/whatever and then ran the game through vanilla WINE…
low rated

JudasIscariot: RE: Guacamelee

I am able to get the game running just fine but I can't for the life of me get controller support working via Wine. Getting controllers working under Wine has always been an issue for me as I can either get controller support going quickly (Super Time Force Ultra) or not at all.

If this were any other game I would let it go but with Guacamelee I really recommend playing it with a controller as the game requires multiple inputs simultaneously at times...
I couldn't get my controller to work when I played the Gold Edition (Linux version from a Humble Bundle), but I was able to work around it with a program called qjoypad, which allows you to map controller events to keyboard and mouse events. With that, the game became quite playable; I even cleared the infamous tree tops area with that configuration.

Try qjoypad.

Wine has no support for XInput. If a game does not support DirectInput but only XInput, you have to use a remapping tool like the one dtgreene mentioned.

Have you tried using x360ce? I finished Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham games on Wine using this for controller support.

niniendowarrior: Have you tried using x360ce? I finished Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham games on Wine using this for controller support.
Yes I have and no matter how much dotnet winetricks I stuffed into the prefixes it would not work :)
niniendowarrior: Have you tried using x360ce? I finished Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham games on Wine using this for controller support.
JudasIscariot: Yes I have and no matter how much dotnet winetricks I stuffed into the prefixes it would not work :)
This steam thread might help then.http://steamcommunity.com/app/214770/discussions/0/846960628457513544

As a side note, I'm not sure why you would need to do dotnet winetricks thing for controller support. If the game works with dotnet, then sure, but dotnet just for controller support sounds odd to me.

x360ce in particular is just running an app and configuring the controller and copying its xinput dlls into the game's install folder path.
Post edited March 12, 2016 by niniendowarrior
JudasIscariot: Yes I have and no matter how much dotnet winetricks I stuffed into the prefixes it would not work :)
niniendowarrior: This steam thread might help then.http://steamcommunity.com/app/214770/discussions/0/846960628457513544

As a side note, I'm not sure why you would need to do dotnet winetricks thing for controller support. If the game works with dotnet, then sure, but dotnet just for controller support sounds odd to me.

x360ce in particular is just running an app and configuring the controller and copying its xinput dlls into the game's install folder path.
I used dotnet because that's what the system requirements call for: http://www.x360ce.com/
rampancy: It's got a good rating on the AppDB...
With some rather ancient Wine versions. Not to mention I don't know if the GOG version is quite the same as 1.8. Looks like someone has it running in the release thread. I may pick this up come π day.
Gydion: Anyone try Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection yet?
Yes, look here.
niniendowarrior: This steam thread might help then.http://steamcommunity.com/app/214770/discussions/0/846960628457513544

JudasIscariot: I used dotnet because that's what the system requirements call for: http://www.x360ce.com/
Hmm... I should look into how I got x360ce working. I'm pretty sure I got the app to work.

JudasIscariot: I used dotnet because that's what the system requirements call for: http://www.x360ce.com/
I got x360ce to work.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m234/qwerty_warrior/x360ce_screen.png

I also looked at the WineHQ AppDB for a bit of help. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=31736
I used a clean Wine directory with WINEARCH=win32.

I'm guessing you'll need a clean Wine folder to setup x360ce and use the same Wine folder that detected the controller to install Guacamelee.

On a clean Wine folder, you can use winetricks to do this:
$ winetricks dotnet35 dotnet40 vcrun2010
$ winetricks directx9

directx9 has to be installed AFTER the dotnet and vcrun. During the dotnet3 installation (with the message that the install should take 3 minutes on a fast computer), there was a notification that the install finished but Winetricks refused to move forward. I looked at the process table and killed the exe to make it continue.

9659 pts/11 Sl+ 0:00 netframework3.exe
9662 ? Ssl 0:00 C:\windows\system32\explorer.exe /desktop
9668 pts/11 Sl+ 0:13 y:\fff94adfbe21fcf8a67187c73ae673cb\setup.exe

$ kill -9 9668

Then, winetricks resumed and installed the rest. I clicked on reboot when the installer asked, not that the computer would actually reboot. lol.

Then, I used this to execute x360ce.

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/path/to/.local/share/wineprefixes/x360ce wine x360ce

System: Kernel: 3.13.0-74-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Ubuntu 14.04 trusty
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA G96 [GeForce 9500 GT]
X.Org: 1.15.1 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

$ wine --version
wine-1.7.55

Hope it helps, Judas! Then, the Steam thread has some things specifically on configuring x360ce for Guacamelee (maybe).

Side note: Yikes! I should get the later Wine builds! This is way too old!

Double side note: Installed wine1.8 and it still launches. Anyway, just trying to help Judas.
Post edited March 12, 2016 by niniendowarrior
I have a question about Infinity engine games (Torment, BG etc.). The Linux version that's being offered runs through a wine wrapper. Does anyone know how I can install community patches on those? For example unfinished business patches, tweaks et cetera.
sunshinecorp: I have a question about Infinity engine games (Torment, BG etc.). The Linux version that's being offered runs through a wine wrapper. Does anyone know how I can install community patches on those? For example unfinished business patches, tweaks et cetera.
You need to look at where the WINEPREFIX is. I don't own them, but if you can figure out how GOG runs the game, you can tweak it to run any executable.

It should look like:
WINEPREFIX=/what/your/path/to/BG/or/Torment/is wine /your/path/to/community/patches.exe