It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: Nah, replaying it so soon would ruin it.
Have picked up Far Cry for now at least
foxworks: How did you like Deadly Premonition?
I didnt actually (which I was pretty damn surprised by).
Aveweto: play SW:KOTOR again and kill everything that moves? :D
i never liked Far Cry
foxworks: How did you like Deadly Premonition?
Sachys: I didnt actually (which I was pretty damn surprised by).
That's too bad. It's very quirky, which kind of makes me think you'd enjoy it.
Aveweto: i never liked Far Cry
Aye - think it can be devisive witht he b-movie plot and difficulty
Sachys: Have picked up Far Cry for now at least
Have you played any other Far Cry game before this?
Sachys: I didnt actually (which I was pretty damn surprised by).
foxworks: That's too bad. It's very quirky, which kind of makes me think you'd enjoy it.
exactly - but I just didnt like it. glad it was a bundle purchase at least.
on that note I'll have to finish d/ling EYE later on for some bonkersness
Sachys: Have picked up Far Cry for now at least
stg83: Have you played any other Far Cry game before this?
aye, played the first two many times through (not sure why i did that with #2 though)
Post edited July 16, 2014 by Sachys
Aveweto: i never liked Far Cry
Sachys: Aye - think it can be devisive witht he b-movie plot and difficulty
well i guess i want more from a shooter than just brainless shooting and if its brainless shooting atleast gimme something in space
Sachys: aye, played the first two many times through (not sure why i did that with #2 though)
People seem to have a really strong opinion about Far Cry 2 where they either love it or hate it, is it because the game is too hard.
Sachys: Aye - think it can be devisive witht he b-movie plot and difficulty
Aveweto: well i guess i want more from a shooter than just brainless shooting and if its brainless shooting atleast gimme something in space
oh no - far from brainless. very much more a hide in cover because you're wearing a bright red hawaiian shirt, spot as many mercs etc as you can using the binocs and stealthily make your tactical approach as best you can (which is pretty difficult if you switch on the adaptive AI). the plot is a bit of a straght to video action scifi jobby, but enjoyable and with just enough not taking itself too seriously.

"what? - you mean you want me to make a diversion by blowing up something becase the last thing I blew up means i have to blow up this other thing? are you an idiot?"
Aveweto: well i guess i want more from a shooter than just brainless shooting and if its brainless shooting atleast gimme something in space
Sachys: oh no - far from brainless. very much more a hide in cover because you're wearing a bright red hawaiian shirt, spot as many mercs etc as you can using the binocs and stealthily make your tactical approach as best you can (which is pretty difficult if you switch on the adaptive AI). the plot is a bit of a straght to video action scifi jobby, but enjoyable and with just enough not taking itself too seriously.

"what? - you mean you want me to make a diversion by blowing up something becase the last thing I blew up means i have to blow up this other thing? are you an idiot?"
there funnier games out there i believe and it always had this island appeal which i would like for a building sim but not for a shooter
a few of the shooters ive enjoyed were fallout 3, hard reset, the darkness 2, UT guess those paint a pretty nice picture of my expectations towards fps games :)

edit: oh and ofc the deus ex franchise and alien rage unlimited
Post edited July 16, 2014 by Aveweto
Sachys: aye, played the first two many times through (not sure why i did that with #2 though)
stg83: People seem to have a really strong opinion about Far Cry 2 where they either love it or hate it, is it because the game is too hard.
I understand it's the re-spawning of enemies and having to take malaria pills throughout-or die. I have yet to play it but this is what i kept hearing.
stg83: People seem to have a really strong opinion about Far Cry 2 where they either love it or hate it, is it because the game is too hard.
nah, aside from the fact its quite a different setting / no scifi in the plot, its the endless repetition and respawing enemies.
other than that it was pretty good.
Sachys: oh no - far from brainless. very much more a hide in cover because you're wearing a bright red hawaiian shirt, spot as many mercs etc as you can using the binocs and stealthily make your tactical approach as best you can (which is pretty difficult if you switch on the adaptive AI). the plot is a bit of a straght to video action scifi jobby, but enjoyable and with just enough not taking itself too seriously.

Aveweto: there funnier games out there i believe and it always had this island appeal which i would like for a building sim but not for a shooter
a few of the shooters ive enjoyed were fallout 3, hard reset, the darkness 2, UT guess those paint a pretty nice picture of my expectations towards fps games :)
ah... so more of an "arcade" FPS fan maybe? - definately the opposite end of the spectrum to me
Sachys: ah... so more of an "arcade" FPS fan maybe? - definately the opposite end of the spectrum to me
if you call fallout, deus ex and the darkness 2 arcade :P
Sachys: ah... so more of an "arcade" FPS fan maybe? - definately the opposite end of the spectrum to me
Aveweto: if you call fallout, deus ex and the darkness 2 arcade :P
havent played darkness 2, but I dont count fallout and deus ex as shooters
Aveweto: if you call fallout, deus ex and the darkness 2 arcade :P
Sachys: havent played darkness 2, but I dont count fallout and deus ex as shooters
well sure technically they are hybrids but in the end o me the fps kinda part always felt a lot more dominant than the rpg elements for example and i dont like having a camera on my shoulder while shooting :D