It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: Anybody got any good ideas of dystopic movies / animations / games etc (not books) that cover mind control / manipulation / brainwashing / propaganda / interrogation/ torture by the stablishment.
Really looking for off thebeat stuff - rather than the usual suspects (ie 1984, V, Equilibrium, Cypher etc).

even stuff fringing on it would be good!

reason is, I'm doing a visual library reasearch for Pantheons next EP cover - want to see whats been done (and hopefully avoid common "bad" cliches).
Terry Gilliam's 'Brazil' and of course one of my all time favorites John Carpenter's 'They Live.'

There's also an overlooked movie called 'Land of the Blind' from 2006 starring Donald Sutherland and Ralph Fiennes about the overthrow of a dictator in a dystopic setting.

Also 'A Face in the Crowd' with Andy Griffith. Definitely underrated Kazan film about the rise of a poor southerner who becomes a popular Glen Beck/Benny Hinn type.

The Vitajex commercial... so much genius from way back in '57.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RO3mtyHwz0
Hmm, trying to think of dystopia stuff, anything I'd suggest has already been mentioned.
Why is Koko the Gorilla the face of primates learning languages when A: Koko has never been scientifically proven to be able to speak sign language (or anything resembling it) and B: There are primates who HAVE been scientifically proven to be able to speak sign language to a degree. Oh right...marketing.
Sachys: -___+
O__________________________________________________________________O7
The new Heretic Kingdoms is pretty good....
OK now this is just creepy. 10 minutes ago I was listening to Super Mario Galaxy's Soundtrack and after that I decided to check to latest gaming news and all of a sudden I see this article on the escapist:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.865855-Science-Says-Super-Mario-Galaxys-Planets-Would-Explode

This happened at the same time I was listening and thinking of Super Mario Galaxy like was this Fanghawk guy following my history? Is this the Targeted Marketing Bill Maher told me about where I see what marketing thinks I am inteested right now?

And this is not the first time it happened. When the Critical Miss guys made this Comic about Neon Genesis Evangelion

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/9846-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion

I was watching the whole series and the movie less than a week earlier. Was Grey Carter following me?

And I have a bunch of coincidences that happened to me in my lifetime where I was thinking of something and the something similar happend in the internet.

And its not just that.

A week before GOG revealed it got the LucasArts cataloge I bought Star Wars Dark Forces 1 on Steam.

Did my purchase of the game somehow influanced the annoucenment of the LucasArts Cataloge on GOG?
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Elmofongo
ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-to-move-from-gfwl-to-steam-a-month-later-than-expected/
The holiday blues are trying to creep in. Fortunately, I'm on Celexa this year so they shouldn't be as catastrophic as normal.
Leucius: The holiday blues are trying to creep in. Fortunately, I'm on Celexa this year so they shouldn't be as catastrophic as normal.
maybe next year, try and be on Barbados?! :)
Post edited November 26, 2014 by Sachys
Leucius: The holiday blues are trying to creep in. Fortunately, I'm on Celexa this year so they shouldn't be as catastrophic as normal.
Sachys: maybe next year, try and be on Barbados?! :)
Good idea!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)
BillyMaysFan59: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)
Same to you! And Merry Thanksgiving/Thursday to everybody else!
Post edited November 27, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
May you consume much burned animal flesh on this sacred day. Gobble Gobble!
Man... Last few days I've been crawling out of my skin due to bad experiences in holidays past... Woke up this morning, knock on wood, feeling pretty good so far.

It's the hardest pill I've ever had to swallow, letting the past go and moving on. My OCD doesn't help : /
Leucius: Man... Last few days I've been crawling out of my skin due to bad experiences in holidays past... Woke up this morning, knock on wood, feeling pretty good so far.

It's the hardest pill I've ever had to swallow, letting the past go and moving on. My OCD doesn't help : /
The holidays can do that sometimes. Probably why people drink and pig out so much during them.