It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Samweisse is previously known as schewy?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition_redux/post7224
high rated
Clairsentient: Samweisse is previously known as schewy?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition_redux/post7224
That appears to be accurate. They messaged me just now and admitted to those three accounts being theirs. They promised those are the only three accounts they have, and they promised that they won't create any more to participate in the giveaways. They asked if it's okay to still donate. I said it would be appreciated.
Post edited May 13, 2021 by finkleroy
high rated
Humans can be strange creatures, we have some generous persons who make gitfs to the community and you still have some people who take advantage of it, i dont understand this.
low rated
Mugiwarah: Humans can be strange creatures, we have some generous persons who make gitfs to the community and you still have some people who take advantage of it, i dont understand this.
Lets not jump to conclusions. I have donated many games to the giveaway. Although I am banned from the giveaways I will still continue to donate in the future as I have numerous times previously.
Post edited May 14, 2021 by Samweisse
high rated
finkleroy: That appears to be accurate. They messaged me just now and admitted to those three accounts being theirs. They promised those are the only three accounts they have, and they promised that they won't create any more to participate in the giveaways. They asked if it's okay to still donate. I said it would be appreciated.
Is there also a promise to not to keep changing the names of those 3 accounts too (DesmondOC = another alias of 54l2V, see attached screenshot of post 7718, and also fulfilled request posts of #6832, #6781, #7208 and #7713.

(Changing the name of an account only changes it in new posts made directly by someone, and also in quotes by other people created post-change. But posts made by someone else quoting that person prior to account name change will continue to display the old name...) So in addition to the current username of those 3 accounts, you may also have to add known aliases of same 3 accounts to the list (like DesmondOC) and however many other unknowns there are too...
Attachments:
scammer.png (34 Kb)
low rated
BrianSim: Is there also a promise to not to keep changing the names of those 3 accounts too
No, that was not a promise.
Post edited May 14, 2021 by Samweisse
Mugiwarah: Humans can be strange creatures, we have some generous persons who make gitfs to the community and you still have some people who take advantage of it, i dont understand this.
Well at least this user wasn't just taking games, and is still donating even while banned from the threads(to make amends/etc)....so silver linings and whatnot?

-

Samweisse: Lets not jump to conclusions. I have donated many games to the giveaway. Although I am banned from the giveaways I will still continue to donate in the future as I have numerous times previously.
While you did(and will) donate games, you did still take more than your allotted share from this thread & possibly others....donating games doesn't(and shouldn't) entitle any user(even me or even say Doc) to any special treatment re: more games per month. And this is a rule I feel is one of the more important ones to honor, especially in this thread, as there are fewer games to go around to eligible goggers.

That said, I am glad to see you are trying to make amends by telling your other (current) names to Fink and are still donating games(even after being banned).

-

BrianSim: Is there also a promise to not to keep changing the names of those 3 accounts too
Tbh, as long as others don't use their accounts for things like double dipping giveaways, I don't see why they should have to promise not to change their username.

Besides, if others promised such things they could always go back on said promises or make new accounts.....making such promises useless. Imo the best method moving forward, to watch for anyone else trying such, is to just be vigilant and keep an eye on the account names of people accepting donated games.
Post edited May 14, 2021 by GamezRanker
JackknifeJohnson: I'd like to request Jupiter Drell.
finkleroy: Grunted.
Ha! Mark Meer's the voice actor. Gething so much fun out of this game, thank you very much, Doc0075 and finkleroy!
I would love Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun if it is still available, please. If it has gone already, thanks anyway to the donator!
high rated
mcphail: I would love Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun if it is still available, please. If it has gone already, thanks anyway to the donator!
Granted.

On a side note, I'd like to point out the fact that if someone changes their username, it won't change their chat history with me.
mcphail: I would love Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun if it is still available, please. If it has gone already, thanks anyway to the donator!
finkleroy: Granted.

On a side note, I'd like to point out the fact that if someone changes their username, it won't change their chat history with me.
true words fink true words
finkleroy: Granted.

Thanks finkleroy and Samweisse, for a game I've had my eye on for ages. Much appreciated!

(and, best to clarify, as this thread seems to have been getting a bit heated recently, can I point out that _my_ username has never been changed on here. I assume finkleroy is referring to what has been happening above, but I'd rather not be tainted as guilty by association)
high rated
mcphail: (and, best to clarify, as this thread seems to have been getting a bit heated recently, can I point out that _my_ username has never been changed on here. I assume finkleroy is referring to what has been happening above, but I'd rather not be tainted as guilty by association)
That comment had nothing to do with you, which is why I called it a side note. I understand why you'd want to clarify, though.
high rated
Samweisse: Lets not jump to conclusions. I have donated many games to the giveaway. Although I am banned from the giveaways I will still continue to donate in the future as I have numerous times previously.
You still break the system to get more than the limit per user, sometimes there is more than 1 game i'm interested in but i make a choice, now it's between you and finkleroy, it's up to him to let you back in or not but it's not fair to other that play by the rules. Now if it was a mistake and finkleroy let you come back it's fine as it's his rules not mine, i just didnt understand how someone can do that on a community giveaway that's all.
high rated
Mugiwarah: You still break the system to get more than the limit per user, sometimes there is more than 1 game i'm interested in but i make a choice, now it's between you and finkleroy, it's up to him to let you back in or not but it's not fair to other that play by the rules. Now if it was a mistake and finkleroy let you come back it's fine as it's his rules not mine, i just didnt understand how someone can do that on a community giveaway that's all.
The ban is permanent.