It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sad to see the GOG giveaways go away but completely understandable. I wouldn't do them under these circumstances either. A last big thank you to finkleroy for keeping the giveaways going for so many years(and his predecessors) as well as the amazing GOG community. The donations were always spot on and very rich in flavour. The last pillars of the old GOG are crumbling and it hurts seeing it fall apart like this... Wish you all good health and keep the DRM-free spirit going strong. Cheers
deja65: Sad to see the GOG giveaways go away but completely understandable.
The GOG giveaway is not going away. Doc0075 will likely be the next maintainer in what is more or less the same giveaway, with some rule changes. See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_community_giveaway_tradition_discussion_and_poll/post82
maxleod: So hopefully they'll fix your situation too.
Support unlocked my account a few hours ago (with the same form response that you got). I then went through the hoops to enable 2FA, which wasn't on by default for whatever reason. They made me install an authenticator app (I chose Authy over the other choice, Google Authenticator), after which I was allowed to enable 2FA over SMS. I also got recovery codes directly from Discord, in case I lose access to the authenticator app. I don't know if I'm also tagged likely spammer now since I haven't tried posting.

As ridiculously off-the-mark as their suspicious activity detection is, support responded in a timely manner and actually resolved the issue. Their security is also heaps better than this store where I actually spend money. ~48 hours on a weekend to get my account back versus 4 weeks. Props to Discord for that.
Wow, I missed a lot. Thanks finkleroy for keeping the lights on as long as you did. Good luck on discord.
Thank you, Finkleroy, and thanks to everyone who donated keys.
This is actually quite fascinating that people united together to let others enjoy games which aren't always possible to obtain at the moment. To tell the truth, this giveaway often was my only birthday present within last several years, so those people who spared some games took special place in my heart.

Thanks again! And best of luck to you all.
Post edited April 13, 2022 by ShellDNMS
high rated
Ice_Mage: They made me install an authenticator app (I chose Authy over the other choice, Google Authenticator), after which I was allowed to enable 2FA over SMS.
Wow, requiring apps, and therefore first a smartphone, to access a site. *shakes head*
low rated
Hi! Thank you!
Cavalary: Wow, requiring apps, and therefore first a smartphone, to access a site. *shakes head*
It's only required if you want to enable 2FA, which is off by default. I decided to turn it on, in case it might allow me to restore the account myself, if Discord's oversensitive "spam filter" locks me out again.
I do find it strange they first require an app before allowing 2FA via SMS, which doesn't require an app.
low rated
Cavalary: Wow, requiring apps, and therefore first a smartphone, to access a site. *shakes head*
Wow, actually having proper internet security in this day and age. *shakes head*
Thank you for all your amazing work and outstanding dedication for all this time, finkleroy. It was hard work and you made it look effortless.
My gratitude also goes out to the community that made this giveaway achieve its greatness.
Ice_Mage: I do find it strange they first require an app before allowing 2FA via SMS, which doesn't require an app.
Maybe it's just a spambot prevention measure. There are services that allow you to simulate the actual phone number. Such services are very popular among spambot operators.
finkleroy: Wow, actually having proper internet security in this day and age. *shakes head*
If without a smartphone, an/or without an active plan (so can just receive calls or messages), or without wanting to install a 3rd party tool, you can't even enable the "lesser" form or SMS 2FA, then that makes for less security, not more.
Cavalary: If without a smartphone, an/or without an active plan (so can just receive calls or messages), or without wanting to install a 3rd party tool, you can't even enable the "lesser" form or SMS 2FA, then that makes for less security, not more.
You don't need smartphone for OTP authentication, there are plenty desktop apps.
high rated
Cavalary: If without a smartphone, an/or without an active plan (so can just receive calls or messages), or without wanting to install a 3rd party tool, you can't even enable the "lesser" form or SMS 2FA, then that makes for less security, not more.
ssling: You don't need smartphone for OTP authentication, there are plenty desktop apps.
Oh, thought it just referred to phone apps.
Either way, I wouldn't install anything not really necessary. Plus, sounds quite similar to needing a client to get your games...
(Heh, recall my AV's support remarking at one point how lean and clean my installed programs list was, especially if ignoring the games, when I had to send that sort of system report, and it probably became even leaner since, looking first for portable software even if I do need something, or if I need to replace something I already have installed.)

But we're going way off topic here, and this is not how this thread should end, and it does seem that it's nearing that time, so before it'll be locked I just want to take the opportunity to thank finkleroy one more time for all the time and effort put into it, and zeogold and moonshineshadow and IAmSinistar before, and of course all the donors who made it all possible.

Just as a reminder of the threads and hosts:
IAmSinistar - Aug 25, 2015 - Nov 16, 2015
moonshineshadow - Nov 16, 2015 - Sep 1, 2016
zeogold - May 13, 2017 - Aug 31, 2019
finkleroy - Aug 31, 2019 - Apr ??, 2022
Post edited April 13, 2022 by Cavalary
Cavalary: without a smartphone
Authy is also available on desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux).
Cavalary: without an active plan (so can just receive calls or messages),
That's my situation. I have 1 month for outgoing calls and messages, then another 2 months until I have to renew the prepaid card. I didn't need to reply via SMS to their phone number validation text. Presumably I wouldn't have to in case of 2FA via SMS either.
Cavalary: without wanting to install a 3rd party tool, you can't even enable the "lesser" form or SMS 2FA
No way around this one.