It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Caesar.: There was a massive Syberia giveaway sometime last year (around November). Hence the dagger, because it was distributed for free in the past. However that key can't be from that event as those would already have expired; it must have come from a more recent donation.
Makotolia: Thanks for the info. But, if it’s from a recent donation, then why the dagger...? Since the keys in the non-gog GA are divided into daggered and non-daggered ones even if some are actually keys for the same games, IIRC.
Zeo will confirm, but I *think* once a game gets daggered, he is more lenient with it and keeps it daggered, even if it doesn't come from a massive giveaway anymore.
Makotolia: Thanks for the info. But, if it’s from a recent donation, then why the dagger...? Since the keys in the non-gog GA are divided into daggered and non-daggered ones even if some are actually keys for the same games, IIRC.
Caesar.: Zeo will confirm, but I *think* once a game gets daggered, he is more lenient with it and keeps it daggered, even if it doesn't come from a massive giveaway anymore.
Well, you have a point. And that’s actually also how I had felt about it, since there have indeed been some cases suggesting this daggering philosophy of this GA, until I read about that particular case in the non-gog GA recently. Now that I think about it, maybe that’s just a byproduct of the new Google Sheets way of recording keys.
Zeo, I sent you a PM a couple days ago, I’m just wondering if you received it?
The dagger isn't just about the source (free keys!), but about lessened demand due to a flooded market.

If 90% of forum-goers already got a freebie or already owned it, and 9% don't want it for whatever reason, there's just likely to be fewer asks for it vs a comparable game, esp if it "costs" a month's participation to claim it.

Dagger keeps it from languishing.
bler144: The dagger isn't just about the source (free keys!), but about lessened demand due to a flooded market.

If 90% of forum-goers already got a freebie or already owned it, and 9% don't want it for whatever reason, there's just likely to be fewer asks for it vs a comparable game, esp if it "costs" a month's participation to claim it.

Dagger keeps it from languishing.
That makes sense. It’s probably just this post below that makes me wonder if there’s some new policy recently:

ciemnogrodzianin: Okay. So I'd like to ask for Carmageddon: Max Damage, How to Survive 2, and Punch Club - Deluxe Edition.

However I'd also like to get Layers of Fear, and I see one is daggered. So I'm a bit confused there as I also see it's on the regular part of the list.
If it's daggered, great. If not, than replace Carmageddon with Layers of Fear.
zeogold: Some keys have ended up in both categories. Just be sure to indicate precisely what you'd like. I don't forsee a problem requesting the daggered Layers of Fear key.
This is from the new non-GOG GA (I hope it’s not offensive to quote this, and indeed, it’s the fact it refers to that matters here, rather than any opinion behind it), and the fact that some keys have ended in both categories made me reconsider my understanding of the daggering policy.
Mr. zeogold might be human and not follow logic 100%.
Oh weird. The post I quoted actually came from ZinkShecoat and Braggadar, not sure what changed them into ciemnogrodzianin and zeogold, respectively...maybe that’s what happened when you manually quote from another thread.

Sorry that I couldn't seem to edit my previous post just now, thus this new clarification post. I should probably stop this subject already, seeing all these derailing I caused. It's really not that big a deal anyway, I just asked out of curiosity casually. But thanks to all you who bothered to answer it ;)
Post edited November 29, 2018 by Makotolia
Themken: Mr. zeogold might be human and not follow logic 100%.
;)
Can I ask for Tzar: The Burden of the Crown?
As the end of the month approaches, May I request Simon the Sorcerer 2, please? :)
low rated
Can I ask for "the witcher 3"?
Thanks in advance!
berzandub: Can I ask for "the witcher 3"?
Thanks in advance!
Please, read the OP first.
berzandub: Can I ask for "the witcher 3"?
Thanks in advance!
I hate to break it to you, but I don't think the game that you asked is even in the list.
Can I get Cyber Punk 2077?
Oh, wait...
I see that Wing Commander 3 - Heart of the Tiger has been idle for some time. I wouldn't mind if it docked in my collection. I'll have to ask traffic controller zeogold for permission.
I would like to see if I could use a gamepad's analogue controller to play this game.

I remember seeing the first game's cinematic clip of the pilots going to their mission, on TV, and thinking "computer games can look like this"? It still looks quite good today, but until then I mostly saw old ZX Spectrum games. Do notice that things took a looong time to show up where I lived.

The second time I reacted that way was when I saw Prince of Persia.
low rated
I'd be absolutely over the moon if Battletech Season Pass found its way into my collection.