It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Makotolia: This is the saddest story: my notebook is too old for it (both hardware and OS and my RL situation just can’t allow me to improve either of them at this moment) and thus I haven’t even tried them yet. I hadn’t realized this until I excitedly tried to download the game you gifted me (I believe I didn’t even have enough HD space for the complete journey version when I tried), and...I’ve been too sorry to inform you of this. I actually thought of this incident of Deponia when writing my last post... well, maybe it’s a good chance for me to finally confess it.
Oh, that's a shame. I hope you get a chance to play them soon.
zeogold: I'm curious, what are some of your favorite point-and-clicks you've played so far?
Makotolia: Well, first of all, Gemini Rue of course. Then, Emerald City Confidential? Can't remember much about it, but it's probably the earliest P&K that left a good impression on me (before that what I had played were generally Hidden Objects actually?). I may not call Technobabylon and Blackwell 1 as my favorites, but I guess I just kinda dig this style. More serious plots and natural yet still interesting logic, I guess. I can't quite put my finger on it myself. I heard of good things about blade runner, and have the impression that it's probably also the same style, so I'm hoping maybe it'll come to GOG someday. Oh, most of these games seem to be developed by Wayjet Eye Games. It's not that I'm a loyal fan or so though.
Judging from what you've just described, you sound like you're a fan of noir on the whole as a genre, possibly even outside of games. Have you ever tried watching Casablanca or The Third Man?
Makotolia: Generally speaking, maybe "solving mysteries" is more my style than "adventuring and seeing bizarre things", plot-wise, and "logical puzzles" suits me better than "challenging yet more-funny-than-logical puzzles", puzzle-wise.
I'd advise trying Return of the Obra Dinn, the Sherlock Holmes series by Frogwares, or the Myst series in that case.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by zeogold
zeogold: Judging from what you've just described, you sound like you're a fan of noir on the whole as a genre, possibly even outside of games. Have you ever tried watching Casablanca or The Third Man?

I'd advise trying Return of the Obra Dinn, the Sherlock Holmes series by Frogwares, or the Myst series in that case.
Hey, I actually heard of Casablanca somewhere! But I just don’t watch many movies these days. Talk about movies, have you seen Spellbound? I remember our professor played it in class, as some sort of introduction to Freud’s theories (or maybe just a way to make one class less for him/her to prepare ;)

I never consider myself as a noir fan, but who knows? Or maybe a case-solving/detective story fan?

Judging from the publish years, maybe some of the early titles of SH (detective story!) can still run on my notebook. As for Myst, I don’t know, I’ve never tried any first-person P&K before (the Room series on iOS shouldn’t count, should they?). And since the videos in the store page stop working for me (it seems GOG has lost hope in China market since this year), I’m not sure how does it play or whether I’d like it. Anyway, which one in the series will you recommend?

To @finkleroy: yeah, but I’ve got no job for now, so maybe that’ll be a long wait...

EDIT: I’m more likely a sword&magic, and dungeons, and puzzles, and strategy fan;)
Post edited April 23, 2019 by Makotolia
zeogold: Judging from what you've just described, you sound like you're a fan of noir on the whole as a genre, possibly even outside of games. Have you ever tried watching Casablanca or The Third Man?

Makotolia: Hey, I actually heard of Casablanca somewhere! But I just don’t watch many movies these days. Talk about movies, have you seen Spellbound? I remember our professor played it in class, as some sort of introduction to Freud’s theories (or maybe just a way to make one class less for him/her to prepare ;)

I never consider myself as a noir fan, but who knows? Or maybe a case-solving/detective story fan?

Judging from the publish years, maybe some of the early titles of SH (detective story!) can still run on my notebook. As for Myst, I don’t know, I’ve never tried any first-person P&K before (the Room series on iOS shouldn’t count, should they?). And since the videos in the store page stop working for me (it seems GOG has lost hope in China market since this year), I’m not sure how does it play or whether I’d like it. Anyway, which one in the series will you recommend?

To @finkleroy: yeah, but I’ve got no job for now, so maybe that’ll be a long wait...
About videos: all videos go by youtube, so if doesn't work it is their fault. Check if you can watch this: https://youtu.be/ILolesm8kFY
If you played and liked the Room then I think with Myst series you will feel quite comfortable.
About detective p'n'c my favourite is Discworld Noir.
v1989: About videos: all videos go by youtube, so if doesn't work it is their fault.
The way GOG chooses to embed videos isn't YouTube's fault. Not like they just throw the "official" embed code in a plain HTML site.
v1989: About videos: all videos go by youtube, so if doesn't work it is their fault. Check if you can watch this: https://youtu.be/ILolesm8kFY
If you played and liked the Room then I think with Myst series you will feel quite comfortable.
About detective p'n'c my favourite is Discworld Noir.
Sorry that I didn’t make this clearer, but my guess is that that we who from China mainland can’t access the videos is mainly the result of our government blocking our access to YouTube (it’s a, somewhat complicated issue, and I’d rather not talk about it, if you guys understand:) However, before this year, GOG seemed to have some trick to make their videos still accessible to me, but I recently found them not working anymore. Combining this with the announcement that GOG stops the updating of China community support or something like that, I guess they just lose hope in China market, and this videos not working issue is a byproduct of it.

Good news is that after a double check, I did find some videos about this series on some domestic websites, and yeah, it looks not bad.

I never heard of Discworld Noir before, and there isn’t much info about it in my language. Hmm, I may have to do some research.

Oh and, as much as I appreciate these talks, I feel maybe it’s time to restrain the derailing I started. Let’s discuss at another time, maybe in a sub forum of a specific game;)
Makotolia: Judging from the publish years, maybe some of the early titles of SH (detective story!) can still run on my notebook. As for Myst, I don’t know, I’ve never tried any first-person P&K before (the Room series on iOS shouldn’t count, should they?).
As v1989 says, if you liked The Room and its pure puzzle offerings, you might enjoy Myst. Return of the Obra Dinn is very much a detective game as well. I forget what the requirements are, but considering its appearances, one would think it'd be fairly decent on older computers. I think it even has Chinese localization at that.

Pretty sure I've seen Spellbound before, it's just been a good while since I've seen it and I've forgotten most of it.

Makotolia: Oh and, as much as I appreciate these talks, I feel maybe it’s time to restrain the derailing I started. Let’s discuss at another time, maybe in a sub forum of a specific game;)
....oh, right. There's a giveaway here, isn't there? I forgot about that.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by zeogold
zeogold: ....oh, right. There's a giveaway here, isn't there? I forgot about that.
Every few pages we will have to remind you about this simple fact ... gee ;)
Makotolia: May I nominate aRealCyborg for Bastion? I saw he wanting this on one of the gifting thread.
wait if i already had a game this month could i take this bastion?
TT_TT_TT_TT: Have fun! It's so much fun in coop
TheDudeLebowski: We just finished playing for the day after 4 hours. I pity the foo' who doesn't play this in co-op!
ya - i just started my Divinity Original 2 Playthrough with my game partner from the first part (took a long wait until we both had the game) it's so amazing and an even better experience - so after 492492 hours you gonna need for part 1 you have sth to look forward to
Makotolia: May I nominate aRealCyborg for Bastion? I saw he wanting this on one of the gifting thread.
aRealCyborg: wait if i already had a game this month could i take this bastion?
Oh, I didn’t notice that. No, in that case, you’ll have to wait until May, sorry.
aRealCyborg: wait if i already had a game this month could i take this bastion?
Makotolia: Oh, I didn’t notice that. No, in that case, you’ll have to wait until May, sorry.
hopefully it is there by then
May I request Bastion please? Thanks.
Hi zeo, may I have Tangledeep + Legend of Shara?
Could I please have Brigador: Up-Armored Edition?