It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: Ok, now to real problems.

I bought this big pack of cheap insoles for my shoes. The problem is that for some reason they always start slipping out as I walk! It is a bit comical, after I have walked a bit, half of the insoles are out of the shoes already, peeping from the heel. The fjuck? Either I try not to mind it, or stop every 15 minutes to take the shoes out and put the insoles back in place.

This happens on at least two different shoes, so the insoles seem to be the culprit. Didn't they test those things before they started manufacturing, or am I the only one with the problem?

I guess I need to buy some thicker insoles next, but I just hate having bought a big bag of throwaway insoles. I thought it was a good deal!
Maybe put tape under both insole?
timppu: Ok, now to real problems.
Quick (and possibly stupid) question. Do those things have a top side and a bottom side? Did you try flipping them and seeing if they work better?

But yes, finding proper insoles is a pain, mostly for the feet.
langurmonkey: Maybe put tape under both insole?
Yeah worth a try, I bought some 2-side tape already. Maybe that solves the insole crisis.

To JMich, they have two sides and it is obvious which should be up. But they are almost paper thin, I guess that's what makes them slip out so easily.
Nicole28: Are you newly married? If so, congratulations. :D
2 years. Whether or not that constitutes as 'newly married' is another matter entirely :-P But just hold onto what's important to you, your closed ones will either learn to accept it or go mad - and people tend to take the easy way :-P
tinyE: It's back to not getting dark here until eleven pm. Interesting in terms of science, terrible for people like me who require pitch blackness to fall asleep.
I like my room pitch black when I sleep as well. I assume you have Black-Out curtains already installed. Underneath mine I also have windows blinds, and back when I was working the night shift, I had a thick blanket I used to hang over the window. Now even with the black-out curtains and blinds, I can go in there during the daytime and it's almost pitch black.

timppu: I'm more concerned that the nights are so warm now that it affects my sleep, even though I don't use a blanket and sleep pretty much nekkid. I just sleep better at a bit cooler room temperature, like closer to e.g. +22C/71F. Now it is around+30C/86F indoors, even though the window is open.

It is bearable, but I would sleep deeper in a bit cooler temperature. Too bad my air con unit is far too noisy to be used at nights.
That's the benefit of central air conditioning, low noise. I have the same problem when I go to hotels, as most of them use window or wall units instead of central ac. But when I'm home, I lower the thermostat to around 72 or so before bed.
Post edited June 08, 2013 by jjsimp
tinyE: It's back to not getting dark here until eleven pm. Interesting in terms of science, terrible for people like me who require pitch blackness to fall asleep.
jjsimp: I like my room pitch black when I sleep as well. I assume you have Black-Out curtains already installed. Underneath mine I also have windows blinds, and back when I was working the night shift, I had a thick blanket I used to hang over the window. Now even with the black-out curtains and blinds, I can go in there during the daytime and it's almost pitch black.

timppu:
jjsimp:
Do you live in an urban area? The good thing for me is that when the sun goes down it GOES DOWN! It is like cave darkness up here; you can't see your hand in front of your face. Of course that also means that a wolf could be standing 2 feet from you and you wouldn't know it, but that's a different bitch for a different day.
Heh, I was so happy 10 minutes ago... now I feel like crap. Happy moments spent with my girlfriend are followed by crappy moments spent thinking about how I will be going to Sweden in 2 months and won't see her until late December. :/
Allergies again. This time it's a different allergy and different symptoms. This one makes me feel like I'm not getting enough air. It's really tiring mentally, and probably physically too.
Adzeth: Allergies again. This time it's a different allergy and different symptoms. This one makes me feel like I'm not getting enough air. It's really tiring mentally, and probably physically too.
Have you tried taking the plastic bag off your head? I make that mistake all the time.
Echo360 & iTunes Cold War. I'm trying to sync important uni lectures to my ipod (that I have to do EVERY. FUCKING. WEEK. because my uni decided that system would be SSSOOOOOOOO much better than edustream, which provides a FUCKING subscribe link for FUCKING iTunes!!!).
Furthermore, Apple's podcast app is SO. FUCKING. AWFUL!!! Not to mention that it is retarded to all hell (it groups ALL, that's right, FUCKING. ALL. custom podcasts together, because it automatically assumes that the only reason you'd be re-classifying music files as podcast files it b/c you have ONE. ONE podcast that iTunes doesn't have. Giving them different albums does shit all. Furthermore, I have this 1, just 1 lecture that the podcast app WILL. NOT. DISPLAY. I have to go through iPod search to find it. No idea WHY, the Podcast app just arbitrarily decided I am not worthy of playing it.
Seriously, everyone that had ANYTHING to do with Moodle, Echo360 & Apple's Podcast app development can go die of cancer.
FantasyNightmare: Echo360 & iTunes Cold War. I'm trying to sync important uni lectures to my ipod (that I have to do EVERY. FUCKING. WEEK. because my uni decided that system would be SSSOOOOOOOO much better than edustream, which provides a FUCKING subscribe link for FUCKING iTunes!!!).
Furthermore, Apple's podcast app is SO. FUCKING. AWFUL!!! Not to mention that it is retarded to all hell (it groups ALL, that's right, FUCKING. ALL. custom podcasts together, because it automatically assumes that the only reason you'd be re-classifying music files as podcast files it b/c you have ONE. ONE podcast that iTunes doesn't have. Giving them different albums does shit all. Furthermore, I have this 1, just 1 lecture that the podcast app WILL. NOT. DISPLAY. I have to go through iPod search to find it. No idea WHY, the Podcast app just arbitrarily decided I am not worthy of playing it.
Seriously, everyone that had ANYTHING to do with Moodle, Echo360 & Apple's Podcast app development can go die of cancer.
This is the kind of shit that hates me hate Apple. Not that it doesn't happen otherwise, but 80% of the time it's with an Apple product.
tinyE: Do you live in an urban area? The good thing for me is that when the sun goes down it GOES DOWN! It is like cave darkness up here; you can't see your hand in front of your face. Of course that also means that a wolf could be standing 2 feet from you and you wouldn't know it, but that's a different bitch for a different day.
Not NYC urban. More burbs than big city. I would just have a street light that would be shining in my window if I didn't have the blackout curtains in. I have thought many times of shooting the damn thing out, but decided the more sensible thing would be to purchase blackout curtain. Eventually, I plan to move out to the country but It's hard to find jobs around those types of area and I don't like long commutes.
tinyE:
jjsimp: Eventually, I plan to move out to the country but It's hard to find jobs around those types of area and I don't like long commutes.
Yes it is, I got lucky but then even with that a lot of people feel sorry for me. Those people are what I like to call idiots. :P Now the other day I needed a new pair of pliers and I needed to make a 100 mile round trip to get them as that is the nearest hardware store, but then they are really nice pliers.
Post edited June 10, 2013 by tinyE
jjsimp: Eventually, I plan to move out to the country but It's hard to find jobs around those types of area and I don't like long commutes.
tinyE: Yes it is, I got lucky but then even with that a lot of people feel sorry for me. Those people are what I like to call idiots. :P Now the other day I needed a new pair of pliers and I needed to make a 100 mile round trip to get them as that is the nearest hardware store, but then they are really nice pliers.
My immediate family already lives out in the sticks of WV, and I already bought a fixer up house out there. Just not sure when I can finally move out there. With how the economy is, I'm sticking with my current job until I am either let go or the economy improves.
Suddenly mice.
Noticed a mouse in my room. Was like "wha, huh, where the poisons at" and it turned out they've eaten all the poison already, and I had forgotten a bagel on a table which probably attracted 'em. Anyway, a pursuit began. I was armed with an old juice can thing, was going to trap it, then travel far into the wilds and throw it somewhere relatively far from any houses. It managed to hide behind the washing machine and now it's surrounded by a ring of rat poison. Oh well, it would've probably returned and eaten some poison anyway. I'm not exactly afraid of mice, but my first encounter with one was one of those "woke up, there's a mouse on your pillow right in front of your face" freak outs and now I instinctively think they're trying to climb up my nose or something..