It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Damn it, I need faster internet at home. Namely, upload speeds. I am at the moment working from home, and I have to wait a long time since I need to upload a 1 gigabyte file from my laptop to the server at my work. Several hours to go...

Stupid ADSL, why does it have to be asynchronous? 10 Mbps down, much much MUCH less up.
timppu: Damn it, I need faster internet at home. Namely, upload speeds. I am at the moment working from home, and I have to wait a long time since I need to upload a 1 gigabyte file from my laptop to the server at my work. Several hours to go...

Stupid ADSL, why does it have to be asynchronous? 10 Mbps down, much much MUCH less up.
Tell me about it. Offered speed/price ratio of broadband companies is beyond average here. A lot of people around me practice that they call annually or each two years to the company and tell them they will to cancel the service. It's like with local phone business. They offer you better price or service only if you privately threaten them by leaving. I did it once and got better deal but man, do I really need to roleplay bazaar barter in Western society?
tinyE: "Tell us about your beautiful rooms, your delicious meals, your breathtaking views." they say.

"Fuck that! Let me tell you about the big sales every weekend and the retro Mondays! Let me describe the forum! " I say.
JMich: Once again, wrong approach. Tell them about the hardships you encountered, the times when you thought about throwing the towel, or your despair when you saw that your B&B has flooded. Then tell them that it was a specific community that helped you in those dark times.

Then mention The Cat Lady, Postal 2 and Carmageddon. Time their run to their cars ;)
THIS is why I have you here!
God I feel so stupid!
tinyE: THIS is why I have you here!
God I feel so stupid!
"And then there was this time, again, when I didn't know what to say and I blew my chance at it. You know who helped me? The very same community, again"
There, another quote for the next interview ;)
Some little group of assholes is still going around hititng all of my post, a month after the fact. I don't care about the rep but just knowing that someone is getting their jollys out of giving me shit takes all of the fun out of this forum. I had enough of that shit as a kid and in high school, and if growing older has taught me anything it's that life is too short to have to tolerate it, however harmless.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by tinyE
tinyE: Some little group of assholes is still going around hititng all of my post, a month after the fact. I don't care about the rep but just knowing that someone is getting their jollys out of giving me shit takes all of the fun out of this forum. I had enough of that shit as a kid and in high school, and if growing older has taught me anything it's that life is too short to have to tolerate it, however harmless.
Just earlier today I read about how some of the more zealous "No-Carbohydrates diet" worshipers go around calling people who give their children bread "child poisoners". Anyway, my point is that some guy probably saw you talking favorably about bread.
tinyE: Some little group of assholes is still going around hititng all of my post, a month after the fact. I don't care about the rep but just knowing that someone is getting their jollys out of giving me shit takes all of the fun out of this forum. I had enough of that shit as a kid and in high school, and if growing older has taught me anything it's that life is too short to have to tolerate it, however harmless.
Adzeth: Just earlier today I read about how some of the more zealous "No-Carbohydrates diet" worshipers go around calling people who give their children bread "child poisoners". Anyway, my point is that some guy probably saw you talking favorably about bread.
Man, now I'm really pissed. I was just venting before, but bread haters!? This is war! They can say what they want to about me. They can trash my friends. They can derep me to hell and back...FINE...but I put my foot down when it comes to dissing bread.

Shit, sometimes I just lay in bed at night and think about how fucking great bread is, all of it. I will see a stop to this, trust me.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by tinyE
Personal hay fever season started, wil probably last till july
Flyby: Personal hay fever season started, wil probably last till july
Perhaps I can interest you in one of these fine appliances. My father swears by his, especially this time of year. :P
Attachments:
hayfever.jpg (31 Kb)
lol
Flyby: Personal hay fever season started, wil probably last till july
Try medication. I tried loratadine and cetirizine (10mg/day) last year and noticed they weren't worth jack, so I bought ebastine (20mg/day) this time around and it seems to get me through the day rather well.

EDIT:
And just to bitch about something myself, I think that some time in the past year or so my relationship passed the point of sustainability, but I'm not sure how I can break this down to her without sounding like the selfish asshole I probably am. I mean, whenever we see each other it's just the two of us because, in spite of everything, we have relatively little in common, probably less now than back when we met, and I get the distinct feeling that this bothers me a hell of a lot more than it does her. I'm trying to think how I can make her see things the way I do and agree that separating quietly is better for both of us than being caught in a bad relationship.

So yeah, it's not looking brilliant at the moment.

EDIT2: I'm pretty much single. Hope it's good in the long term, because it sure doesn't feel good right now.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by AlKim
I think I overpaid a customer for a machine I'm robbing for parts. They have a ton of spares to go along with it so I offered a bit more than double what I normally pay, but a lot of these parts - now that I have my grubby hands on them - are real head-scratchers. One in particular, a mounting bracket for an air cylinder, they have over a dozen spares still in the wrappers. Note that the machine only has two of these brackets. But they have 12+. Makes me wonder what the hell they were doing to the machine way-back-when, when someone decided "screw it - just buy a dozen of the damn things." A couple sets of flanges for a small reducer... I've never replaced that item in the 18+ years I've been doing this work, let alone two sets of flange kits. Oh, and there's a spare reducer.

Maybe I'll box up some of the oddballs and send them back to the OEM as a care package. They'll have a better chance of moving this stuff than I will...
HereForTheBeer: I think I overpaid a customer for a machine I'm robbing for parts. They have a ton of spares to go along with it so I offered a bit more than double what I normally pay, but a lot of these parts - now that I have my grubby hands on them - are real head-scratchers. One in particular, a mounting bracket for an air cylinder, they have over a dozen spares still in the wrappers. Note that the machine only has two of these brackets. But they have 12+. Makes me wonder what the hell they were doing to the machine way-back-when, when someone decided "screw it - just buy a dozen of the damn things." A couple sets of flanges for a small reducer... I've never replaced that item in the 18+ years I've been doing this work, let alone two sets of flange kits. Oh, and there's a spare reducer.

Maybe I'll box up some of the oddballs and send them back to the OEM as a care package. They'll have a better chance of moving this stuff than I will...
I think I would have understood that better had it been written in Latin. XD
HereForTheBeer: <stuff>
tinyE: I think I would have understood that better had it been written in Latin. XD
Let me put it this way: at your B&B, I assume you have a few repair things sitting around. For the sake of discussion, let's say one of them was the rubber flapper for a toilet. Maybe you've never replaced one before but it's a simple part whose failure - if it fails at the wrong time - might irritate your guests. Now assume you have a dozen of them tucked away in the basement.

It's like that.
tinyE: I think I would have understood that better had it been written in Latin. XD
HereForTheBeer: Let me put it this way: at your B&B, I assume you have a few repair things sitting around. For the sake of discussion, let's say one of them was the rubber flapper for a toilet. Maybe you've never replaced one before but it's a simple part whose failure - if it fails at the wrong time - might irritate your guests. Now assume you have a dozen of them tucked away in the basement.

It's like that.
I'm just giving you shit. :D I don't know squat about cars was my point. If you were to look at my engine and say, "Oh you're gonna need a new Johnson Rod!" I'd have to believe you.