It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two more days left to redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free and grab 300+ deals up to -90%!

For whom the bell tolls? It tolls for the Back to School Sale Finale! You have two more days to get or Connect any games that you've missed, put them in your knapsack, then run back home and pretend you have a tummy ache.

All available deals and collections are now final, bringing the total up to 300+ games, going for as low as -90%. In case you haven't been paying much attention during class, here's a study guide with some of the highlights to help you catch up:

Get your RPG education sorted with the help of Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Pillars of Eternity, or Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. If you're looking to study the classic point' n 'clicks, start with Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Sam & Max Hit the Road, or Monkey Island 2: Special Edition. Feeling a bit restless? Finish your homework and you can dig into some Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, Victor Vran, or Grim Dawn.

17 GOG Connect titles available — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. During the remaining two days of the Back to School Sale Finale you can still redeem 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Anno 1404
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
Hotline Miami
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

Ok people, break is over! Make your teachers proud and go back to the Back to School Sale for the educational Finale that will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
amund: Same thing happened to me, wouldn't have notice if you hadn't mention it.
I've put in for a Wallet credit for the purchase, and asked them if they can leave the DLC as marked as owned on my shelf so I don't accidentally do this again. There are so many games here with similar issues.
Grargar: Condemned Heroes isn't here yet. It's probably, along with other 1C games (like Konung 3), a low priority.
Ok, thanks for the info.

I gotta wonder though... how Bundlestars managed to swing that deal. Unless they bought the games off the back of a truck in an alleyway in St. Petersburg or somesuch. They are an authorized reseller though so it's hard to say.
skeletonbow: Ok, thanks for the info.

I gotta wonder though... how Bundlestars managed to swing that deal. Unless they bought the games off the back of a truck in an alleyway in St. Petersburg or somesuch. They are an authorized reseller though so it's hard to say.
1C was probably in a bundle mood during that period. They tried something similar with Groupees ($0.5 for each game) and they also had a catalog-wide bundle (85 games) on GamersGate for about 20 bucks.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: 1C was probably in a bundle mood during that period. They tried something similar with Groupees ($0.5 for each game) and they also had a catalog-wide bundle (85 games) on GamersGate for about 20 bucks.
Could be I suppose. Looks like most of the big pubs have dried up their bundlydundliness in the last year or so minus the odd exception here or there though. I was picking up some good bundles with AAA and big name games for a few years regularly and now you can read a couple dozen Stephen King books in between decent bundles showing up anywhere. :)
amund: Same thing happened to me, wouldn't have notice if you hadn't mention it.
IAmSinistar: I've put in for a Wallet credit for the purchase, and asked them if they can leave the DLC as marked as owned on my shelf so I don't accidentally do this again. There are so many games here with similar issues.
Yes, it's not the first time. They need a better system like if you release a game/DLC they should get a list of related items that you have to either include or exclude as part of a game before it gets posted, as in active choice. Rewriting a system, changing database structure etc. is very time consuming so if they do change it I don't see it will be anytime soon.
What Interplay-games are worth picking up? I'm only interested in MDK 2, but I might as well grab a few more to get the biggest discount. I already have MDK, Sacrifice, and Giants CK.
Not really my type of sale to be honest. Zero interest in gog connect.
IAmSinistar: Oh, there's a separate thread for the end of the sale. That's...novel.
Not a thread, but an announcement that is automatically turned into a thread when someone replies to it. Personally I think it's just as it should be, as I prefer to hold of from buying 'til I can see the full spread of offers and pick the ones I like the most whilst sticking to my budget. Blowing the budget only to find that a more desirable offer is made the next day sucks.
Random_Coffee: What Interplay-games are worth picking up? I'm only interested in MDK 2, but I might as well grab a few more to get the biggest discount. I already have MDK, Sacrifice, and Giants CK.
When you like adventure games, you should pick up Toonstruck and two of the Star Trek games (25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites).
PaterAlf: When you like adventure games, you should pick up Toonstruck
Is Toonstruck that great?
It vaguely interests me, but it looks a little...dark.
At least, in terms of dark humor, anyway, which really isn't up my alley.
Post edited October 01, 2016 by zeogold
zeogold: Is Toonstruck that great?
It vaguely interests me, but it looks a little...dark.
At least, in terms of dark humor, anyway, which really isn't up my alley.
It is great and one of my favourite adventure games. There's some dark humour, but the game as a whole is not extremely dark. I think you can compare it to Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Give it a try, for $0.99 you can hardly go wrong.
PaterAlf: Give it a try, for $0.99 you can hardly go wrong.
Hm.
Didn't think I'd be buying anything in this promo, but maybe I'll reconsider if the discount is THAT high...
Random_Coffee: What Interplay-games are worth picking up? I'm only interested in MDK 2, but I might as well grab a few more to get the biggest discount. I already have MDK, Sacrifice, and Giants CK.
During this sale I bought these Interplay-games: "STAR TREK™: 25TH ANNIVERSARY, "STAR TREK™: JUDGMENT RITES", "STAR TREK™: STARFLEET ACADEMY" and "TOONSTRUCK". I have not played these games as I just today purchased them. However, they all have high user ratings.
Post edited October 01, 2016 by oldgameryeah
PSA: There are a bunch discounted-but-unpromoted DLCs for/alternate editions of a few of the games featured on the front page, as well as a handful of unrelated unannounced promos (and note that the two posts just before my linked post also point out Firewatch's and the Bit.Trip Runner games' being discounted, as well).

IAmSinistar: Oh, there's a separate thread for the end of the sale. That's...novel.
MightyPinecone: Not a thread, but an announcement that is automatically turned into a thread when someone replies to it. Personally I think it's just as it should be, as I prefer to hold of from buying 'til I can see the full spread of offers and pick the ones I like the most whilst sticking to my budget. Blowing the budget only to find that a more desirable offer is made the next day sucks.
Normally in cases like this, rather than have an entirely new announcement & comment thread, they just update the previous news item (and, therefore, the comment thread continues from the beginning of the sale through the end). I prefer it that way; in this case, there are now two different official sale discussion threads, plus the "what's your haul" thread and whatever else might be floating around. It's tedious trying to follow multiple threads on the same topic.
Post edited October 01, 2016 by HunchBluntley
oldgameryeah: During this sale I bought these Interplay-games: "STAR TREK™: 25TH ANNIVERSARY, "STAR TREK™: JUDGMENT RITES", "STAR TREK™: STARFLEET ACADEMY" and "TOONSTRUCK". I have not played these games as I just today purchased them. However, they all have high user ratings.
I grabbed all of the Star Trek games in the Summer Sale. They look good, however they're old-school of the type of game where you need to spend some mandatory time reading the manual with some patience to figure out the user interface and gameplay mechanics in order to play the game. In other words, they don't have the type of intuitive user interfaces that we've come to get used to in recent decades. :) Not uncommon for 90s era games mind you.

I gave the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game a short start up to try it out but then put the idea on temporary hold when I got tripped up by needing the manual. I wasn't in for that level of nostalgia experience at the moment, but I look forward to revisiting it when I'm ready to dig in and go hard-core with the manual. :)